1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ofrn

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FrankDublin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

This is a simple question to answer will accept any answer but if you want to start crap dont bother

IF YOU ARE A BREEDER OF OFRN WOULD THAT BE CONCIDERED BREEDING FOR COLOR>SEEING AS HOW IF YOU IF YOU BREED TO A NONE OFRN DOG THEN ITS NOT A OFRN DOG ANYMORE

2. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I consider any dog of Pradominatly (over 50 percent) ofrn blood to be an ofrn dog regardless of the color of nose. Is Say Floyed B. a color breeder because he perferd and bred mostly black dogs?

3. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

some people would think so but i guess it depends what family of dogs you run with

4. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

HUH??? Who are these people who concider Floyd to be a Color breeder?? hmm And What depends on what Family of dogs you breed?? Im confused

5. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

the way i see things a true family of dogs bred pure tends to have a tighter gene pool and when this happens you tend to have certine traits that becomea given like color confermatin even temperment.
    as far as what family i use its hard to say but i like blind billy dogs if you know what that is

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I agree, as a mater of fact you just answered youre own O.G. question and yes I've herd of the Blind Billy Dog lol

7. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

and what family do yo run with

8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I dont run any certan family seing as Ive never bred a litter. I feed and perfer ofrn and Eli/Boze dogs.I am also a fan of Bolio dogs and a few others.

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

so do you like the sixbits/maverick blood

10. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Im new to the blood. My sixbits/mav dog is the only one I have any personal experiance With. I'm happy with him so far but he is a young dog. Im a fan of Clemmons bred dogs both his sixbits stuff and his Toby/Herman stuff. We have some prospects off both. Just waiteing for them to mature . I am impresed with them so far.

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

what color is your sixbits dog black
    clemmons dogs black to im guessing
    now if you look at these dogs familys youll see mostly black dogs throughout
    the line
    this is because of type selection
    most people concider nigerino to be an eli dog for the most part he is
    so why isnt he black
    be cause of the cross of carver
    when dealind with abreeder that dose mostly line breeding on eli-maverick-sixbits
    as an indvidual stud youll begine to see black outs you tend to get more of a standerd at wich your family of dogs look like

this goes for all strains I had a female named valdez alize tight honeybunch
    no matter how the stud was bread all her litters were red every last one that i seen any way

12. Mike C.

Mike C. Big Dog

As far as i know people such as Floyd B. and Don Mayfield were strong believers in color type breeding.

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

You would figure ( or well some would believe ) the dog that is the same color and structure as the desired dog your looking to replicate would be a closer replication than one of a different color if that makes any sence to you

14. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I totaly understand this.None of this is new to me. Why are you explaineing this to me??? I have a firm grasp of the concept. If you do not consider Floyd or Clemmons or any other breeder who utalized Color type as a PART of there breeding program as being simply Color breeders why would you consider a breeder of ofrn dogs who utalized Color type as a breeding tool a Color breeder??? You continue to answer youre own question but you Keep adressing me??

15. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

its more of a question about breeding for color
    you said that if you had a dog more than 70% Ofrn/ with a quater out you would still concider it an Ofrn
    But what if it came out black it wouldnt have an rednose then
    even if you breed away from the cross im thinking its not old family any more

16. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

If the dogs genes are pradominatly ofrn the dog is a ofrn dog no matter the color of the dog or the color of the dogs nose. Dont mater if the dog came out Purple with a green and yellow plad nose. Its genetic make up is pradominatly ofrn blood. Period. breeding for color and color alone is wrong.Plain and simple. Color type is just a tool for breeding not the only thing considerd.

17. AGK

Depends I guess, If you bred that black dog back into prodominatly ORFN stock then you would still have ORFN dogs whether you had that out or not, and even if said dog wasn't a red / red nose

18. AGK

Very true;)

19. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

ok then show me an old family rednose dog that has a blacknose
    wilder blood I dont think yo will find one there maybe a cross to a nother family of old family rednose dogs
    its the old family REDNOSE
    so you breed to the standerd
    purpose
    confermation
    color

but color is a factor
    if you want weight pulling dogs that are all buckskin you probly
    go with some jeep blood
    if you like good dogs with patches I would say some good old carver blood

these bloodlines are examples only
    or coldy or some white blood
    so I guess breeding for color isnt a bad thing if you breed true to the apbt

20. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Whatever you say captin:rolleyes: Just go back and go back over the post in the thread. Within are the answers to youre questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009