1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ofrn

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FrankDublin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

KT just did a super nice ofrn cross. KT, was it a color breeding lol.

2. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Damn I only meant that historically speakin yall aint have to jump all over me.

3. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

OFRN aint what they use to be if you could find some old blood from honest dogs you have a good chance at getting something decent. of course mixing in some redboy or RBJ will turn things very interesting and its a proven cross.

4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

thanks ELIEZER

5. MrMark

MrMark Big Dog

The answer to your question is "no, they are not breeding for color!"

You ask, why?

[Understand that when I answer this I'm talking about a breeder who is commited keeping the standards of the bulldog true i.e) gameness, etc.]

According to science and genetics, two red nose dogs cannot produce anything other than red nose dogs (although, this has been argued). Therefore, when breeding two red nose bulldogs all one can possibly get is red nose offspring, again this is according to genetic science. This does not mean that one is breeding for color. When standards are met and breeding is done between two worthy bulldogs than all one can hope for is to have a higher percentage of more bulldogs, but unfortunately the color of the nose will always be red due to science, not due to color typing!

Is this the answer you are looking for?

***Yes ya'll i'm back!***

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

thats a partial answer
    there was a statement made about out crossing to a family of none Ofrn decent
    would you concider the said offspring
    and its offspring of any other color (brown,black,ect.)to be Oldfamilyrednose if it is more than 50% Ofrn?

7. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Welcome back Mr Mark

8. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

it all comes down to what you consider OFRN is?? is it a color trait or a bloodline?
    any dog that has OFRN blood in it is Partial OFRN regardless if its purple or black. color does not matter, it only matters when its "100%" inbred OFRN then there is a genetic code that becomes visible on the outside of the dog.

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

It is a bloodline or actualy more of a strain. Any dog that is of PRADOMINATLY ofrn blood is a OFRN dog. This is not rocket science here .Jeez!. Techniqly any ofrn dog crossed into non ofrn blood would be a cross but if the offspring carryed PRADOMINATLY ofrn Genes. It Is a ofrn dog. Its no difernt than say for example an Eli dog with say a quarter out to colby. The dog is pradominatly a Eli dog however a more acurate description would be a eli/colby cross or even more techniqly a 3/4th eli dog with a 1/4th colby out...Get it MAN!!!~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  10. norcalreds.com

norcalreds.com Big Dog

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

thats just it its both a bloodline because the Ofrn family just like any other line of dogs has a foundation from which it came and just cause its a game dog with a rednose dosnt mean its an Ofrn dog
    it has to have the foundation
    not a cross in it the very people the perpetuated this line in its true form didnt just find any reg. rednose dog
    it had to have the foundation
    and its a color trait because the name tells you what to look for
    so basixly dont come to my yard looking for black, buckskin/black mask,ect.
    I am a breeder of Old Family red nose dogs
    :eek:

12. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Yes that is most definatly a ofrn dog. An ofrn dog with a quarter out to frisco/chinaman.

13. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

in my opinon its not but there was a strain called the oldfamily reds that did not show the red nose but were red in color
    good cross though but shes not an Ofrn dog to me

14. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

You are dence man. Straight dence .You make not a bit of damn sence. You talk in circles and open ended questions. OFRN BREEDERS DO NOT BREED FOR COLOR!!!! You are so hung up on the red nose part of ofrn that you cant see the whole picture . Here is one more example please pay attention. At a certan point in Bob Hemphills (one of the founders of the ofrn dogs in america and who developed his own respectable strain) program things got to tight and he introduced the addition of 1/8ths dibo blood to refresh his program and provide an out. He did not all of a sudden quit touting himself a breeder of ofrn dogs. Of the origanal OFRN that Dan Mccoy, Hemphill etc. discoverd and split among themselfs not all were red/red nose but all were PRADOMINATLY ofrn ancestry. Wallace lightner Williams hemphill etc all had both red nosed and black nosed dogs on there yards None bred strictly for color.All were known and still known as breeders of ofrn dogs. Ofrn is nothing more than a "term' Get it? A term coined by Dan Mccoy

15. norcalreds.com

norcalreds.com Big Dog

http://predatorspice.webs.com/Mouch_ped.htm
    So if this dog above had a rednose instead of a blacknose... would you then consider it an Old Family dog or not?

16. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Oh yea dude then in that case it would be an ofrn dog. Its all about Noses and Color Duhhh:rolleyes:

17. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

was dibo a ofrn dog,ive searched his pedigree and it goes back to lightner at some point,also wasnt it said by Stratton as well,i can't quote him but i have read it.
    If i remember his pedigree went back to mostly colby though,anyone know a thing about this?

18. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

I don't get it??? Now your a breeder of OFRN dogs?
    How come you don't know these answers and why are
    You bringing back up old threads for info?
    Please post some pedigrees of your OFRN dogs.
    Every breeder of these dogs used a small out to bring
    Back the gameness and they are still doing so today
    But you didn't know this as a breeder of this strain?

19. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

This goes right back to the original question at hand. Yes dibo did have heavy ofrn influence threw Corvino Stock but he himself was a black nose dog. However I dont belive he bred to Dibo himself but heavy Dibo Bred dogs ...I could be wrong on this

20. masta of game

masta of game Banned