1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ofrn

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FrankDublin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

If its a buckskin blackmasked dog how the hell can you call it a OFRN

thats like saying a dogo can be brindle in color

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

Bringing this up again?
    OFRN is like saying I have a rednose dog
    It's not a bloodline and is used by peddler's
    And newbies.
    It does not matter what the dog looks like
    If the dog is at least 50% hemphill/wilder
    Then the dog can be considered a ofrn
    Cross.
    If the dog is 75% hemphill/wilder then I would
    Consider that dog a ofrn even if it was a blacknose
    Dog. Ofrn has not exsisted in it's true form in 30 years
    Most of what you see now is mixed or are show dogs.
    Very few are gamebred now.

3. cameron

cameron Big Dog

see i dont get why people always say that just cause the nose isn't red its not a ofrn lol. thats some dumb shit lol. if you don't have anything educated to say man don't just voice your opinion lol. i don't say much on these message boards for that reason lol. people always asumeing lol. it sounds like a rant i know, but imo that was a crazy ass answer lol. what blood do you regularly run frank? i bet it isn't red blood. i haven't been in these dogs long enough, but imo it seems like people think they're experts after a few years lol. the day i know everything is the day i lose my love for the breed. you can always learn something new in anything not just dog talk lol. just voicing myn opinonn so take it as you will

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
  4. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Yep no red blood here

but what Im getting at is that it is called the Old Family Rednose
    because of the fact it has always displayed the rednose
    so if it dosnt display the characteristics of it family how can you truthfully
    call a black dog an old family rednose
    seeing as how if you were to breed true OFRN/OFRN then naturaly the offspring would be rednosed dogs

but show me a dog thats an OFRN that is of any color with a black nose

and I will be a beliver

5. Red Boy had a black nose, and depending on your school of thought he is a dog from Old Family blood.

6. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

OK STUDENT GO TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE AND DO AN INTRO

but red boys ped is all f-up nobody knows his true breeding I DONT ANYWAY

but it is said that he is down from colby stock
    crossed with ofrn

but Ive never heard anybody refer to redboy as OFRN

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

most people consider redboy as ofrn
    there were ofrn dogs that had black noses back in the day
    i have heard you say color means nothin a few times
    that is true in this case as well
    its blood

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

show me one then just one well known ofrn

that displays a blacknose

9. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

Bass' Tramp Red Boy(aka RedBoy) is strongly rumored to have been an OFRN dog. For those that don't know, RedBoy is the cornerstone stud of the traditional gaming bldline Red Boy, which is found and used in many upon many of today's gaming specimen. Even if that rumor is or is not true, according to the ped(which many say is hung) shows direct lineage to the Lightner's and Wallace's dogs. The same can be said of the TurtleBuster bldline, which has lineage to the OFRN just as the RedBoy. Everyone assumes the powerful impact the Colby's had on this breed but also Mr.Lightner, Mr.Wallace, Mr.Hemphill, and B.Clouse had an extreme impact on the traditional gaming lines that many of us see and use today in these trendy lines of today.

10. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

OFRN when commonly thought of as the Hemphill, Woods/Wilder, Wallace, OFBA is not as prevalently seen 'straight' nowadays. These OFRN remnants of today are not the same OFRN specimen of yesteryear but they hold so much value, prestige, and quality that they still are vital upgrades to the rednosed yards of today.
    Just a side note, some may erroneously think that if they have a red, red-nosed dog then it has to be a OFRN derivative... not so by a long shot.

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

this is a true statement and I also feel that this is not true

every thing has to line up

it has to come from OFRN stock bred true to type and function

thats like bolio he was bred to so many patricks red nose dogs that most of the crap you find now is rednose
    but bolio himself was not
    but if I ever get a bolio pup I want him/her to have a blacknose

12. norcalreds.com

norcalreds.com Big Dog

13. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

he is just arguing to argue. dogs are individuallys that have tendencies but never do all dogs fit everything exactly. For example the conception that colbys are all game is no mouth is pretty much excepted. That like saying if a pure colby dog is born with a strong bite it cant be colby.... just makin no sense

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I didnt see this early

but I wouldnt call him a OFRN
    maby a cross

but not a OFRN

I see all the wilder blood in him

but what I asked is for someone to show me a true OFRN without a cross
    that displays a black nose

your dog is a nice dog all the same

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"ch hagler" & "ch red dog" are both registered under OFRN registrar. ofrnr@ofrnr.com is there Email address. & frank please get ahold of IM & let him know that all this time he been breed "red dog" & "hagler" that they weren't OFRN dogs. IM sure he can learn a thing or two from you.

16. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I dont exactly what you said and called the man him self about hagler
    and you know what he had the nerve to say

THAT HE WOULDNT CALL HAGLER A OLD FAMILY REDNOSE BUT A CROSS

with that being said you call him and ask for your self and see
    I walk do you

17. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

now your quiet hugh ben

speak up I cant hear ya why dont you call and ask for yourself
    he was actualy a nice guy

I didnt ask about the other two because if you look at their ped you can clearly see they are crosses as well

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

quite lol frank your full of shit. IM say what the fuck are you talking about because he got the dogs papers on his wall & them dogs are registered with the only OFRN registere around. & if you like you can sign up for his fourm & tell him what his dogs are. see you over there frank this is going to be fun.

19. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

you spin me right round baby right round,
    like a record baby right round.............

20. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

F-Dub Just drop it!!!!!! for gods sake just let it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant take it anymore ...uncle uncle uncle UUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNCCCCLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!