1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Oh no!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Atwater27, Dec 26, 2005.

1. ...And no one said it was "Perfectly Fine" to breed a 12 month old pup either, so don't go puttin' words in my mouth.

I assume the "7 year old child" comment is based on the "dog-year" concept...so would you allow your 14 year old daughter to get pregnant??? Cuz it seems that 2 years old is the common "OK" age for breeding around here.

Yes, her immune system is still immature...I told him that. Yes, her body is still underdeveloped...I told him that. And NOBODY is condoning breeding a 12 month old female...so get off the offensive, and realize that there might not be a vet anywhere near the guy, who will do a post-conception spaying. If that is the case, he's gonna need more advice. Hormone injection is an OPTION. So is whelping the litter. Both carry the possibility for EXTREME health-related side effects, and both TOO carry the ability to not cause any, or little harm to the female.

So...as my original/current advice goes: You could spay the girl RIGHT NOW (prefered) You could get her a hormone injection (basically an abortion in a needle) or, you could let her ride it out and hope for the best, not only for your girl... but for the puppies as well.

Any other problems with what I've said???

2. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

yallchill out man yall are correct in many diff ways yall should jsut get together and help each other out and think of resolving problems in better ways.

3. I just read my last post...and it reads kinda harsh. Although adiment...harsh was not my intent. Hope it reads better to others...

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

"...so would you allow your 14 year old daughter to get pregnant??? Cuz it seems that 2 years old is the common "OK" age for breeding around here."

I just wanted to point out that the first year of a dog's life is the equivalent of 12-15 human years, depending on its size (the bigger the dog, the faster they age). A 2-year-old would be equal to an 18-25 year-old human. After the second year, an average sized bulldog will age at around 4 human years for each additional year of its lifespan. Hence, a 40-pound APBT will biologically be somewhere around 35 at five years old.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
  5. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Well Coming Up Here Asking For Advice Then Being A Smart *ss About The Advice Being Given Isn't The Way To Go Either Bro. You Asked We Agve So There You Go Make The Call.

6. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

I dont go on the 7dog years to 1 human year myth. I was throwing an age out there as an example..LMAO there is nothing you could do to offend me or speak "harshly" to me..Im a litte to confident in my intelligence and knowledge for all that..No one said the common breeding age is 2..LOL i have a 6 year old bitch that has never been bred..and she has earned her right to be bred 100 times over...To me their is no "common breeding age" . But i damn sure am not going to breed a puppy. there is nothing a puppy can show me to earn its right to reproduce..the only buisness a puppy has doing is running around playing, eating, shitting, and running its mouth. Just so you know..no one here is on the deffensive about anything. I just dont see it fit to put the idea that thier puppy will be fine to whelp a litter...There is alot more to whelping a litter of pups than the bitch just simply being able to give birth. 9 out of 10 average pet owners dont know what mastitis or pyometra is or even how to pronouce it. Much less how to treat it. But they will learn the hard way what it is when the bitches tits look like they were shot with an assault rifle...Or when the bitches discharge smells like a week old dead body...then a few days later the bitch dies and here they are with orphaned pups. Which will more than likely end up dying also due to human ignorance. And here they are saying to their selfs.." i dont understand what happend...i didnt do anything wrong but let her have pups"....If there is not a vet anywhere near this person, then they should make nesaccary arrangements to travel to one. If they care about their dog then traveling to do what needs to be done shoudnt be an issue...The only vet i will take my dogs to is 2 hours away..if there is a problem i cant treat myself then guess what...im on the road...with out a second thaught.

7. Who is this comment directed to??? The guy who is asking for the advice hasn't said a damn thing to be a "smart ass"....and other than that, Tab and I are having an ADULT conversation.

8. I got what you're tryin to say, and I agree with it as well. All I'm saying is I've seen it done without any problems...and that's just a little piece of my experience. Not advising it, not advocating it...just saying I've seen it done. Simple....period dot. This has become a moot point.

9. Stickynote

Stickynote Big Dog

Our vet says "the shot" has so many negative sides to it. Please look into it- and ask lots of questions before doing that. She said it's especially a threat to a female if you still plan on breeding her.

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

He stated previously from that start he was planning on having the dog spayed anyways which is the most responsible thing to do.

11. Atwater27

Atwater27 Big Dog

LOL no need to fight guys. I never planned on breeding her - I know nothing about it!

I'm dropping her off to get spayed this friday.

thanks again!

12. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Then there's no reason for me to go on....you ARE doing the RIGHT thing. Now......about your male dog..........;)