1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old Timers-Dogmen

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by lipshipsattitude, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

That could be true but I do think that some strands come from more of a terrier influence. There is no set ancestors that this "breed" comes from. Back way when they crossed crosses for a job. Lets say you have a Pure Colby and I have a Pure OFRN in reality we have two diff. breeds because we don't share common ancestors unlike say Dobermans that came down from a said number of foundation stock. the point I'm trying to get at also is that the Bulldog and the terrier were working dogs before they were crossed to get the Fighting Dog, the Fighting dog was created to fight what ever the cross was. What we should be consernd with is that we preserve the Game with-in our dogs whatever they may look like. I don't care if it's a Tosa/Patt/Pit cross of sorts if it has the game within him he is far better than any shell thats called a Pit Bull

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  2. TENNESSEE

TENNESSEE Pup

Ive read every post and I still dont really understand why the question was asked...there are many many more dogmen that are off the internet than on...and there will always be a supply of bulldogs to those who need them...even if they are outlawed in the whole USA...those who need them will get them...those who dont have the contacts to get them will just go to another breed to love...just how do you propose that the american pit bull terrier would becom extinct?

3. If you think that the best fightdog worldwide is a product of differend crosses....well I dont have much time so try to make it as short as possible. The oldest terrier races are long and wire-hairy. Short-haired terriers came later (by refining with Bulldogblut).Question 1).How often do wire-hairy or long-haired animals arise from pure Bulldoglines? How many Bulldog-Tosa or Bulldog-Patterdale or Bulldog whatever mixes you know that are CH or Gr. CH ?

4. Bulldogs are the best fighters of the whole dog world .That's why these American lines have spread over the whole globe . Asia, whole Europe, south Amerika, Africa......no this honest breed will never become extinct . They are simply to good at what they do.....REAL ones...

5. hashishin

hashishin Pup

hello, sorry if i only post now but i've been working in another country.
    do you know this info?
    in france when bsl was aproved some called "breeders" to save then dog's started to registered then in the LOF (French book of origins -- FCI) like am'staff.
    i know and you also that they not only ruined one breed but two breeds.
    a friend had imported one am'staff from one the french breeders and the dog was nuts nothing couldn't stop him until his dog got way from the kennel and was stopped by the dog's neighbour (a little frisco/mayday dog).
    i think that the 2 breeds are better each one in their path.
    they are to different to even tought in joining them also to the years back pitbull bloodlines were used in am'staff conformation breedings and by what i have read the opposit also have been done.
    but i don't believe that their can been joined, i think it's a mistake.

for me am'staffs are like piggy banks and here in europe their conformation shows judges like them fat and round with no muscular appearance or to thin dog's.

the gamebreed will always be the one for me.

best regards

14rock likes this.