1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OM NOM NOM - What Say You?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by StreetTeamDC, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Well now let me ask you a question brat pack, is there a particular reason you avoid soy in your feed routine? Keep in mind, I am no expert by any means in the feed game, so that is not a smart assed question, that is a question I'm interested in the answer to. The vitamin content of Clovite is what got me interested in it...and everything I read that was out of someone with an opinion that sounded like it had some thought behind it gave great reviews to the product. Since I started incorporating it in the mix I can honestly say I've noticed an increased energy level and a little bit of extra shine in the coat of the dog in question. My line of thinking is, if it don't hurt, why not use it?

STDC Mike
    BANG BANG

2. I been feeding TOTW since day one and I have been given no reason to switch. I guess that's as good a review as you can get.

STDC Mike
    BANG BANG

3. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

The reason why I avoid soy is because a lot of dogs are allergic to it. I know sharpei's are.
    I was told a long time ago that you can feed all the vitamins and such that you want. Your body will use what it needs and you will piss the rest out. So that just makes for expensive pee!
    There are other supplements out there that I like such as showstopper. It is expensive, don't know how it would compare money wise to the clovite but pretty sure it doesn't have the soy.
    But all that counts is that you like it really.

4. I did read that as one thing to be cautious of with the Clovite...I started out with just one half teaspoon per feeding the first couple days then bumped up to one teaspoon for a week and then from there went to just a little bit under what they recommend. I'll look into Showstopper, don't recall reading about that one but if I give it a shot I'll owe you the internet equivalent of a high five. So far so good with what we've got going, and I am definitely happy...but nothing wrong with looking at different products to see how they compare!

STDC Mike
    BANG BANG

5. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

STDC have you tryed the same feed with individual supplement?

6. Yas

Yas Big Dog

It looks like your feeding your dog some good stuff.

If you go and pick up a load of animal fat then it has to be from a top quality animal otherwise every antibiotic, steroid etc the animal was given, every pesticide used on any plants it ate are stored in the fat, which then will be passed onto your dog.

Soy/soya is bad because it`s estrogenic/oestrogenic.

There is hardly ever too many vitamins fed, if they are not broken down they end up in the stool not the urine. Anything that is in urine has been used by the body hence the reason why a positive drug test from a urine sample holds up. To get to the urine it needs to pass from the GI tract into circulation (the bloodstream), from there nutrients and toxins have to go to the liver and kidneys and then to the urine.

It`s better to have a little extra than not enough. Relatively high doses of Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) is what turns the urine yellow.

The fat soluble Vitamins A, D, E and K when eaten in megadoses can be toxic and lead to health problems.

7. With individual supplement...do you mean getting each supplement seperately and adding in? No, I have not tried that...honestly not that knowledgeable on the nutrition game, but that's something I'd like to look at at some point. Do you know of any websites that may be a good guide to get studying on that?

STDC Mike
    BANG BANG

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

is DE effective for treatment or only for prevention? I currently use everything you feed other than the clovite, i dont really see a need for it personally. I use some things that you dont as far as vitamins and oils. I feed totw to my young pups but i have switch to raw and wont being going back to kibble. Cheaper and i get better results

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

yes separately to ensure it gave you results individualy. sometimes supplement don't work for some dogs? if your feeding multiple dogs every $ counts. or maybe 2/3 gave you the benefits of all 3 & it's more cost efficient to cut back.

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Ya.. I've got my girl Scarling on the Pacific Stream formula. She did good on it for a long time, but there was a slight formula change and her coats thinning a bit so I think I'm going to try her on something else, but all in all, I've been happy with the TOTW. I tried Salem on the Natural Balance Fish and sweet potato and added salmon oil and the Solid Gold seameal and it did NOT go over well. :o I've switched her to the Natural Balance Lamb and rice and things are looking better for her but I wouldn't mind finding a few she did well on as I like to rotate foods when possible so they get a bit of variety. :)