1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

***Opinions, please***

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Suki, May 7, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

2. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Stereotypical bullshit, for the most part.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Good video.

4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Yikes. All the photos and information were pulled from actual occurances, I agree it is stereotypical, but BS? It would be nice to think that all game dog fanciers are responsible and full of love and devotion to the breed but there are SO many apbt's and SO many who own them and do what they please with them. I think she writes well about the matter, read the section on "signs of dog fighting" I think we would all agree it is stereotypical but there's a lot of unfortunate truth behind it as well. The wrong people getting involved in the breed. It's bound to happen, apbt's are so full of courage, strong and beautiful, a real magnet for thugs. Fine things are bound to draw lots of attention from those who appreciatte them and those who look to get something from them.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

That woman has her head so far up her ass, if she got caught rolling dogs tomarrow it wouldnt suprise me. Say one thing-do another. Make sweeping generalizations about a group of people and magically label people from every color, race, religion, background, and financial status into simply "gangsters of the lowest kind" is absurd!

6. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I must be missing something. I only skimmed through the link.

7. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

DJ opposes breeders, she would state it alot.. BUT , she got her tri color bitch pup from tontonka lines from FLA, and is going to BREED her to Dirk, her other pit , to produce LAw enforcement dogs.. HELLO..... dont promote rescue in one mouth, then start your own breeding program for law dogs.. she says she cant find dogs in shelters for the jobs, bull shizzle she doesnt look hard enough... she also said that rap music helped the breed go down, and that dogs that were crated were cruel, that dogs should be not crated for their own safety, but tethered or kenneled instead.. she also posted on a few forums how her pits basically gored her doberman to pieces, and didnt seem to care. she had a pit pup she got , didnt do any training with it at all, then had it euthed because it didnt have enough drive or something, and she was very callous about that too..

i used to like her, ,until i read all her posts on another forum, and how she thought she was miss high and mighty.. then when she got her new bitch pup and said she would breed her to produce law working dogs, i lost all respect for her..

8. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

Well I also skimmed through the pages (site covers a LOT of territory). Though some of it may be hypocritical or generalized, I'm sure there is some underlying truth. I don't agree with her entire point of veiw, but I do know that thugs helped cause some of the problems that plague the breed these days. I just wish there was an easy way to sift through the BS on the site. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to believe.

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Your right "thugs helped cause some of the problems that plague the breed these days" but to label every game dog owner a drug-dealing, pyschopathic thug is as blatantly wrong. The folks I associate with, are anything but thugs and crackheads....

10. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

So... everyone who "rolls" dogs is living quietly in suburbia and doing the right thing w/ their life...right? Or are they law breakers, gamblers and most likely involved w/ other petty crime??? There is a criminal element involved, because it is illegal! (No real crackhead would even own a dog, much less be able to take care of it.)

11. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

That may be true, but dog-fighting is still illegal and most of the people that fight their dogs these days are thugs. Really now, I'm sure people that break this particular law are more apt to breaking other laws as well, especially considering that it's a felony in most states. That's why "drug dealers" and "thugs" don't have a problem with fighting dogs-they're already breaking plenty of laws as it is, why not more? Crackheads aren't capable of handling dogs though BTW. You wouldn't believe the number of idiots that have come up to me on the street asking me if I'm going to fight my dogs. I realize that gamedog owners and gamedog fighters are two seperate things, but the general population does not. What is unfortunate is the fact that many people who don't associate themselves with gamedogs or even know what a gamedog is, will read this site and automatically think the worst of the gamedog owners. A vast majority of people who own pitbulls because they're "tough" most likely don't even know what a gamedog really is. Therefore, I'm sure most gamedog owners are part of the smarter population. Did that make any sense?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2006
  12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Nope, it would be as much a blatant lie to tell you that every person practicing illegal fights is a rich, middle-aged white man living in suburbia that drives his kids to school every morning. The point I was trying to make, is you almost always make claims false when you use words like "all", as she did. I would say the vast majority of people still participating are up-standing citizens who do not break any other major laws, at least that is how it is in my area. There are a few backyard alley, crack smokin gang-bangers rolling dogs and tossing them aside in the area too....but you can believe they get whats coming to them from folks who know! A terrible minority exists in every niche of society, to judge all representatives of that niche as the same, is exactly what BSL focuses on. I would think anyone involved in the breed would be opposed to such closed-minded thought.

13. I am with you 100% on this! So true.

PS I like your new avatar!

14. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I have nothing but the upmost respect for 14rock. I am concerned about it being just a little niche in society with so many APBT's in the pounds and shelters that are all chewed up, or were just not willing to go, and got dropped off. I went thru the state of KY and petfinder listed as many as 3000 APBT's (6000, pure and mixes), and that is only one state. I agree this is just a small percentage and not representative of the real deal, but it is an indication of a growing number of tough guy wannabe's who think owning one is a symbol of hardness. If these dogs were owned by people like 14rock, Marty, Shon, Suki and all the other good people on here we wouldn't have to deal with this BS, and BS sites that generalize everybody.

1 person likes this.
  15. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

How can one be an "upstanding citizen" and commit felonies??? The two do not go hand-in-hand. And once again...crackheads would most likely not be able to take care of any dog.

16. Chopper4me

Chopper4me Big Dog

I had to close it!

17. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

????????????????????????????

18. Suki

Suki Guest

Thank you for your compliment!
    I think, ideally, IF people RESEARCHED this breed PRIOR to obtaining one, and REALLY understood its history, what's involved in their upkeep, etc, then yes, perhaps fewer people would be owning them, and perhaps this breed would end up in better hands: with owners who truly realized what they're "getting", when it comes to this particular breed. I definitly think this breed is not for everyone, and honestly, imo, a very high percentage of people who own them, shouldn't.
    I wish there was a better way to monitor where and who obtains pups. I wish BYB didn't exist. Sadly, it is THESE "particular" people who have ruined it for the ethical breeders. And have ruined it for the responsible dog owners of this breed. And as the years progress, the "good" guys are paying for the mistakes of the pukes who don't give a rat's a$$ about this breed and its demise. Too bad there wasn't a screening process potential owners would have to pass before obtaining this breed. I guarantee MANY would seriously flunk!!!
    It seems EVERY day, I end up in a conversation defending this breed, and I blame it ALL on the people who own them that simply,... shouldn't!:mad:
    Yet, until the day comes when the general population wakes up and realizes that:
    1). this really IS a great breed
    2). many of the people who own them should not
    3). the "attacks" that they read about are due to owner negligence
    4). the reason why they ARE so human friendly is BECAUSE of their past, and not the other way around
    etc, etc, then we, as upholding, caring, educated owners will continue to be the clean up crew for those that doen't give a crap, about this breed, and own them for their own personal gain, image and greed.
    I wish I could say I was wrong here. But I don't think so...

It is out of love for the "pit bull", that I'll continue to fight the fight, help to educate the uneducated and defend this breed. I feel I owe them at least that...:)

19. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

Ever email her? She's a real bitch says I

20. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Because of the fact that dogfighting is an illegal blood sport, it is going to attract an unwholesome element on the whole. And thats backed up in my mind by reading excerpts from things like the sporting dog journal. Look at the way Richard Stratton for example paints a picture of dogfighting and then read an extract from the SDJ. The picture that dogs "don't get hurt" seems to be untrue from what I've read.

I have a lot more understanding of game-testing breeding stock than I do of enjoying the matching of dogs. I can understand why a person might like matching, I come out of the culture that matching grew out of largely. But I don't like seeing animals get injured JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT. With the kind of money being bet on fastlane matches and all the other factors (illegal, clandestine, violent) there has to be some tendency to objectify the dogs. It sure happens in other dog sports, but matching is a LOT rougher than the vast majority of other dog sports, and there is no way it can't have a very dark side to it.

Also, keep in mind the world of the past that matching grew out of. No TV, life quite brutal for most people. People being worked to death by age 50 in a lot of cases. Hunger not uncommon. So a very rough form of entertainment would almost be natural. But nowadays? Although some dogmen are doubtless decent people who care about their dogs its a world that is going to attract people without a lot of feeling for the suffering of their fellow creatures. Did she fake the pictures? I really love fighting dogs, I'm not so fond of dogfighting and I have no desire to ever witness a match. I couldn't enjoy seeing an animal get hurt. At least gametesting has a reason other than entertainment and gambleing.