1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Outcry over dog and Bike photograph

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by SMOKIN HEMI, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

*Please respond to this non sense!!!!!!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/08/outcry_over_dog_and_bike_photo.html

Outcry over dog and bike photo in Sun
    [​IMG]

The Sun ran this photo by Jed Kirschbaum on page 3 in today's paper. It's taken at Patterson Park. The cutline under the photo said: Daryl Solomon of East Baltimore is taking his pit bull Gucci for a ride/walk....
    Readers have written in, outraged at what they see is clearly someone who's put weights on their dog and might be training him for dog fighting.
    Sharon Donovan wrote in, "This photo has me so upset. Doesn't your photographer, Jed Kirschbaum know that this poor pit bull is being abused? Pit bulls wearing heavy weights are being trained for dog fighting. This fool owner, riding his bike and clutching his cell phone, should be locked up, not idealized."
    Dale Atkinson wrote: "I am very disturbed by the picture you took...instead of taking your photo, you should have called the SPCA, Animal Control or the police."
    Stewart Lyons wanted to know: "Did the photographer ask any questions? Did he report this suspicious behavior to the police? Did The Sun think it might be promoting dog fighting by publishing this photo?"
    What do you think? Does this photo show something innocent or something potentially dangerous for the dog? Please share your thoughts....
    [​IMG]Kirschbaum tells Unleashed that it didn't occur to him that the dog was potentially being abused.
    "It didn't occur to me that this was a fighting dog," he said this afternoon. "The dog seemed to be frolicking."
    He added that usually someone doing something illegal isn't willing to share his name and his dog's name -- as this man did.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
  2. could be getting the dog inshape for a dog show....know what i say? F**K THE MEDIA

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

What a joke.

4. WHAT? I'm amazed by how stupid people are!

5. I left a comment on the original article telling about people's complaints. The comments made my blood boil. People should be smiling and happy to see a pit bull being exercised with an owner who cares, instead they are calling weighted dog back packs abuse and fight training!

That's right...weighted dog back packs.... something you can buy for any breed right in your local pet supply store - PetCo near me has them! - Something that is recommended by many widely respected trainers, including many of the "TV trainers" (Milan, Stillwell, etc).

I was telling my boyfriend about this the other day, we then had to laugh when we went to another local pet supply shop (PetCo doesn't stock the food I feed) and saw weight carrying back packs in every size from super tiny to extra large. Guess it is only abuse if you put the back pack on a pit bull!

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

anytime they see a fit well exercised pit its abuse, i think they should lock people with fat a** unhealthy dogs up for "abuse".

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

jUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THE ONE TRACK MIND PEOPLE have about our breed. That is why it is imperative to join your local clubs and get the word out about this breed, folks...

8. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

That's a good point....and not to argue but they are not on the attack,I don't think they understand that,this is war and in war the first step is to make everything your enemy does look bad in the public's eye.that way when they apply the next step the public will be more excepting of it.I for one would love to see these clubs start going on the attack.....and do more than or at least go blow for blow....

9. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

:eek:whats wrong with what this man is doin?exercising his dog?....watch out..lol...

10. weirdjack

weirdjack Pup

people are crazy!!!!

11. RedTone

RedTone Big Dog

Man those people saying thats abuse and wrong are most likely very lazy and would never think of working out their dogs because they dont do it for themselves. They think getting a workout is throwing a ball around in a little fenced yard is good enough wrong that's the abuse right there. The dogs life is in a little yard and house back and forth.:mad:

12. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i wonder if race didn't also play a part in the stereotype. it makes me wanna puke, but stupid people are stupid people. about the only time i haven't heard a bunch of crap about my dogs is when i'm running with them. all i hear then is "wow it's nice you and your dog stay in shape together" i do hear crap when i have them pulling weights, but that's mostly stupid stuff like "doesn't that hurt the dog?" yeah dumbtard i have nothing better to do than put some weights on my dog to torture him.:rolleyes: of course there are those people who are just so ignorant that they are convinced all "pit bulls" are evil and vicious. i'm going to leave a comment.

13. preme

preme CH Dog

this people make me go crazy are they forreal he just getting some work if they sit on a chain theres a problem if you exercise them theres a problem wat the hell...i see people running and riding bikes with there pets all the time not pits and there is no problem..
    stuff is out of hand..

14. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

It's ridiculous how people can't mind their own business.I mean really what's wrong with someone's dog getting out for a little exercise,had that been a poodle nothing would be said,other than "oh,how cute"

15. preme

preme CH Dog

just reading the comments one person had the never to put this man criminal record on there totally out of line no matter what he id in the past doesnt mean he fight dogs i know people that are bad and hard to the core and wouldnt dare fight or miss treat animal.. i see a biased under tone here and i dont like it ..

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

If I were him I would sue there pants off!!!:mad:
    I'll bet they wont ASSume anymore

17. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Phuck them... These fools make my city look ignorant... The only one that seemed to have common sense was the photographer... Screw everybody else...

18. Went through the comments and found my comment from earlier in the week. I thought I would share what I wrote:

19. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

I wish somebody would get on me about biking my dogs! Ive gotten long looks from a few older people even had a lady yell at me my dog is too skinny. Say somethin again!

20. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Thanks adivina for commenting as my comment was rejected..