1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

painter type?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by gypsyboy, Jun 27, 2012.

1. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

This dog was posted as a well proportioned standard AB bitch on a Facebook group yesterday. You know he’s showcasing his best stock. Like to hear your thoughts on this type as a worker.

Attached Files:

bamaman and Casperworldpeace like this.
  2. Wow i see im not ridiculed by me stating the AmBull should be called American Mastiff...
    wow..i half expected death threats lol.

@lisa not to worrie about the Bandog people lol...infact claim the name to directly piss them of i say lol...
    Bandogs, arrr, ive seen to many..
    not stableised ones.or Swinnford ones...but first cross Bull/Neos all the same...bad ass dogs.make no mistake about it.put any breed to shame when it comes to protection..well i say protection.put any breed to shame if you wanna kill gangs of people more like. lol...
    first memorie i have was when i was 11, this brindle one called snoop was set at me and a older lad..i pushed myself against a wall and my older freind was dragged down.i thought snoop would kill him.and the lads screams were terrifing.i just shit my self and froze..then i heard the gang who set it on us just laugh out loud...
    snoop had not ate my mate as ide expected. but littery raped him!
    im serious lol.raped the shit of my mate..drowend the poor sod with his escreatment lol..augh!vile stuff i have to say...
    put me of Bandogs or cross bred Bull Neos for life that has lol..

@Cnote...im not saying the APBT has no terrier in its blood in it line like way way back..and ive had little twenty odd pound terrier types myself..(i love them ones as a matter of fact) but they are not a terrier type dog in the true sense of the word..they cant fit down no fox hole,not even a small one.and even small ones could only just about fit in a Badger hole.even small ones are to big for ratting.not saying they cant or wont kill rats btw..and these things are what terriers do.
    just because some loon crossed a terrier and a Baiting dog together hundreds of years ago and proceeded from there, dont really make it a terrier.people in them days would have used undisciminste out crosses for a number of reasons...the Greyhound would be a good example of this..
    the first Greyhounds in the stud book are heavy on a bitch named Czrinea.Czrinea was the product of Lord Orfords life time at trying to breed the untamite Greyhound in the Hare coursing feild.he produced Czrinea by a mad experiment.as she was his fourth generation at breeding a Fighting dog x Greyhound back to the Greyhound...
    his experiments are well documented.and even to day.even tho Czreinea was born in the late 1700s.most Greyhound can be traced back to her like APBTs can be traced back to Dibo..now we dont call Greyhounds Bull Greys we call em Greyhounds coz thats what they are.just because a loon hundreds of years ago crossed em undiscrimitly dont make em any less Greyhound....i think the same with the APBT.a think the terrier part to be a little over stated to say the least..

I honestly now.(not that i claim to be any expert on the matter).but i honestly dont belive RedBoy to be part hound..
    infact thats one undiscriminent out cross i doubt happend very much.lol.
    i no some ones have got long ears and howl and bark and scream and act like some crazy sort hound lol..(hellhound more like)
    but i doubt very much at RedBoy being part hound...
    i doubt the Marlowes would put a life times work into a dog that was part hound very much.

Same with Stompanado.
    it seems highly unlikely..
    whats more likly is that its the other way around,and hounds and ABs (or American Mastiffs lol-new title for them i say!)have got quite a lot of APBT(Bulldog lol)blood in there make up...

hahahaha!..i am a hypocrte.lol.
    i go on about undiscrimitve out crossing then blatenltly denigh it could have happend with RedBoy and Stompando...and i do this all on the same post..and mention a guy who was raped by a Bull cross Neo.

haha weird post lol..

But im defintly gonna refaire to American Bulldogs as American Mastiffs now.
    so tell the president of the Am Bull socity i said so!
    LOL.
    All the best guys and gals.

david63 and LisaWM like this.
  3. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

C_Note
    No offence taken lol, was just curious how freely I could speak in regards to the gamedogs lol. Typically my approach is pretty factually backed & neutral

4. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

Soze
    You’ve made some good points! Especially in regards to pissing off the Bandogge people lol. Don’t get me started on the AB higher ups they are beyond corrupt! Also not sure if you are aware but the AKC has now decided to bring in the AB with a paragraph standard that’s so vague it’s NOT a standard!! My days have changed since people like Harry ran the AKC.

Give me a bit I’m cooking up a storm again but I’ll reread your post & get back at it things have settled here lol

Soze the killer likes this.
  5. david63

david63 CH Dog

AKC are a bunch of corrupt ldiot.

Soze the killer and LisaWM like this.
  6. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

David
    Well said!!

david63 likes this.
  7. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

2490F50B-DB86-4FEF-8D6C-4BF55B188DE9.png https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/american-bulldog/

8. david63

david63 CH Dog

The dogs look great but for the majority of them cannot do the functions they were bred to do. Bottom line it's all about money for AKC.

Soze the killer likes this.
  9. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

forgive the ramble. JDJ openly crossed EB into his family, but the next cross wasn't so open but deff can be seen in the dogs, st Bernard. then bred toward those phenotypes and then others took those dross bred dogs to extremes. Different people wanted their dogs to do different tasks so the dogs changed by their choices and breedings. so your rebranding American mastiff could be not a bad idea. there are more Johnson and Johnson cross dogs thatn anything else. Others took them to the performance side of things and really excelled. These dogs while not the apbt, can be very usefull. They can hang with other dogs as well as farm animals. they guard from preditors as well as catch not only hogs but I have seen them catch bulls. hence at least some deserve the handle bulldog. But then u have people who don't know what they want and will mix types at kennels and then back yard breeders doing pairing just because they have a male and a female. same as just about any breed, junk and dogs that excel at work.

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Farm dog that I also like is a Great Pyrenees

david63 and Soze the killer like this.
  11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

They mind so well.Have courage .They are very loyal to the Masters .

12. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

Oh they’ve mixed those into the AB & created quite a mess

bamaman and Soze the killer like this.
  13. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

045746E4-98CA-4331-B3EA-C571D12D06C4.jpeg

14. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

Plug

The ramble is actually appreciated, I think it’s great ! You’re a smart bunch! Ok on the Mobil site bare with me lol. Yes Johnson bred in EB via a dog named west champs high hopes one of the females off the EB x breeding was a bullmead dog that went to David Leavitt for his oldie program others off that line ended up with Symme’s, symmes then bred to Painter dogs & actually is credited for the creation of the hybrid type I think that was in ‘89. Casey Courtier also did similar breedings & bred to symmes dogs, Casey had the Watchdog line most famous is a male named Watchdogs White Fang, fang was bred to a bitch named Painters Spider Woman. In my opinion the truest form of AB is the Painter/Margentina dogs they used the foundation Scott & Johnson Dogs Brusier, Masher, Sandman, Dixieman etc. Scott got out around 82-84 sold most of his stock to Joe Painter & some to Tappe. The Painter dogs for the most part were genetically washed out with a couple of exceptions Jack being one (his male Twister is my profile picture) the other being Steve LeClerc he also maintained the original pheno.

Performance gamedog outcrosses though I love both breeds I don’t think they have yet solidified those lines yet still many inconsistencies, hard culling in my opinion would fix this the fastest but the breeders just don’t have the knowledge, experience or patience to follow this tried & true method. Plus why cull when you can sell, shady on all levels particularly with greed. Also they are now reintroducing apbt to the original performance x gamedog outcrosses & labeling them game American pit bulldogs smh

Repeatedly smh lol

15. Lrs

Lrs Big Dog

Think there’s more terrier there soze than people care to admit most apbt/sbt will do there best to get in once they know what’s on the other side plus a draw dog was part of any terrier mans kennel. That or a pistol.

c_note, LisaWM and Soze the killer like this.
  16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

We have a Great P on the farm here and he does a great job.Smart dog.

LisaWM and david63 like this.
  17. LisaWM

LisaWM Big Dog

Bamaman
    Yes but they shouldn’t be crossed in to AB lines & given a new bullshit history being re labeled as an ancient “White English Bulldog” lol

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I never said they should.Nothing we can do it about it.Technically speaking nothing is pure.Doesn't matter the breed ,you know its a rat in the wood pile some where down the line.

c_note, david63 and LisaWM like this.
  19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Facts ! I am born and raised in Alabama.NEVER and I mean NEVER have I saw that cross done AB / Great P....NEVER .

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't doubt its been done.Just don't know anyone in these parts that done it and I know a lot of folks that use AB .

david63 likes this.