1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Panhandlers with dogs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F.D., Aug 11, 2012.

1. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

imagine having no family at all no one to count on. living in dumpsters in the winter to stay warm. during the day pan handling only to purchase a daily bus pass in the winters, so you can stay warm and survive. its not a live we want to live, but its reality. you dont like it, but have some sympathy for them. some people have it worse off than us common every day people. while in the military i was friends with a guy from detroit who lived in a orphanage who was homeless at 18... he pan handled just to ride that buss in the winter just to survive. well after a year + on the streets he went to the recruiter. luckly he wasnt a mentally challenged with problems that most homeless people suffer from and didnt have any criminal charges. thats just a lil success story, but you can see how the odds were stacked against him.

also section 8 and criminal charges dont fly too good, so being on the streets most likely they caught charges too. most often want to catch charges to eat and sleep in the comforts of jail lol.

if only we lived in a world were people were culled. problem is i was a different person 10 years ago than i am today.. 10 years ago i may have been the one to be culled lol. without government aid to help the needy we would be in a crime ridden society with classes of people similar to that of INDIA were it would be hard to succeed. the poor will always be poor and the rich will always be rich. sounds similar but way different from our society. here the poor can make it and the middle class can make it big or fail. everyone has a chance here in the USA. i believe in both republican and democratic views when it comes to people. i guess im independent but i do favor republican believes, but do believe that the wealthy in most cases should give a bit more in taxes to help the country. one should not live in a 10 million dollar mansion in this country and have a person living under the bridge. sure they worked hard to be there, but morally it is wrong. just my take.

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Exactly right,I know lots of women,that all they do is have kids and live of government programs.My brothers ex wife for example,has 3 kids,lives in a free house (apartment actually) with ice cold AC,big screen TV,Playstation 3,$800 laptop computer etc etc,has a car and she doesn't work.She draws almost $700 food stamps,gets a TANF check about $250 or so dollars a month,and my brother pays $250 child support every month to cover what the Government pays her.And he pretty much watches the kids because she dumps them off at his house practically every day..She also has MC + or Mo Health Net,whatever they call it now which is pretty much free medical.I think she has to pay $2 per doctor visit and $1 per prescription.The kids are totally free medical. Her situation is terrible that she's allowed to do this,but the apartments here are filled with people just like her.Her next door neighbor is a guy that draws a check for being blind,he also has a big screen TV and drives a car,lol Him and his low income housing friends instead of trying to work this summer has been driving to the creek all summer long.He's also the guy that sells the drugs to the people in the apartments and surrounding neighborhood. That's how easy it is to get housing here. These people like I described aren't uncommon at all.Women are usually the ones doing it,but men do too and most every woman I know bumming off the welfare system has a man they're involved with riding it right along with them.I don't like what they're doing but why panhandle when you can do this.Even if they don't give you a free place just start screwing around with a woman that they do give one to.They may have a waiting list some places I don't know,but it's easy to get here.And they live better than I do.No bills,no work and all they have to do is whatever they choose to.

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I do feel bad for someone that is literally down and out,I've been broke before,not homeless but not as much money as I would of liked to had for sure.I worked odd jobs,mostly for cash for most of 10 years,thinking the whole time I'm going to make enough to not have to do this crap anymore.Now 10 years later I don't have alot but I own my own house,a few cars,a small herd of cattle,a couple horses and a yard of bulldogs,and probably $25,000 worth of guns.I've got to the point that I'm self employed and don't have to work the crap jobs anymore.If I can get to this point within 10 years why can't most of the panhandlers do it too,if they would work as hard at working as they do bumming they might pull themselves out of their situation.I've known other people that started off in a bad shape and are doing ok now.It's possible to actually work for money. Like I said,someone that is really having problems I do feel sorry for but someone living off people's sympathies I don't.A person should keep a stack of job applications in their car and hand them to the panhandlers.If they truly do have mental issues then they need evaluated and put in some kind of home.

4. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

guess how them kids odds stack up against a kid who does not live in them circumstances. thats not the answer and its actually quite silly. W/TNAF you have to work at least 20 hours or its revoked and 250 is not alot. 20 hours a week min wage add in another 600 total a month from part time job and you 850 thats $10,200 a year man! you aint talking real money homie. you cant buy clothes with food stamps and i doubt she is getting that much a month for food stamps also.

5. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

and the 600 is with out tax taken from it... count it being below 500.00 after tax..........

6. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Most society will take the easier path of life, and most are not homeless. You really think it would be easier living on the street off of the scraps of productive working folks then it would be to get a job and do it yourself?

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats exactly how it is here as well. theres plenty of housing available, and some folks stay in these low income housing complexes and houses for 20 years and all they have to do is be ready for a monthly inspection that they know about a week in advance. if they have no jobs, hud and sirha ACTUALLY PAY THEM to live there. one bitch ive known for years gets $77 from sirha on top of all her free benefits/child support just to stay in a 3 bedroom apartment.

being a concrete guy for many many years i did alotta work building low income housing projects/houses, and it drives me fucking crazy to go by some of the houses i did the concrete work on and see the condition they are in within a year. makes me fuckin sick, some of these houses were nicer than anywhere ive ever lived. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, huge kitchens, 2 car garages and a patio to boot.

i say, if you wanna draw benefits from the government, better be able to piss clean every month. see how many that would weed out of the system...

8. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

lee D im with you on the pissing part. if active military members have to take random piss tests to be in then section 8 people should be subjected to the same thing. these are the people that are slackers that only feed off the leniency of the government. these are also the ones that make it such a bad thing for the ones that truly need it. there are the good ones that rise out of section 8 too and use it as a stepping stone, but i hear what your saying. i heard that topic brought up this past year and i agree with it in whole. i guess we are off that homeless topic a bit then huh? lol

9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I'll tell what "homie",I know what that bitch is getting in food stamps and TANF,I've personally seen her papers from the welfare office.I KNOW different bitches on TANF that does not have a job FACT. I don't know how easy or hard it is to get where you're at,but I do know what goes on here.Your not here so you don't know what these welfare whores get,point I was making if these losers can have a home then so can a big majority of the homeless.I feel sorry for a few but not for most.People who think the world owes them something,deserve no sympothy.I don't consider I owe them nothing.Why should I work for my money and they just live off sympathy and charity.Most don't have family to fall back on because they probably wore their welcome out with their constant drug use and asking for hand outs without even trying to stand on their own two feet.BTW 10,000 is quite a bit of money when it's all profit,no utilities,no rent,no grocery or doctor bills.Yeah,i say that's quite a bit just spending money.The average factory worker in my area makes 10 to 12 bucks an hour.At $12 that comes to $24,960 a year.If that worker had to pay $150 a week grocery bill,$350 a month rent,$200 a month utility bill,never mind the little odd and end stuff that always add up, that comes to $13,800 for bills and that leaves $11,160 left.Looks to me like these people are as well off as the guy that decides to get a job.It's just some people will work and some will bum or steal before belittling themselves to work for a living. We don't really have homeless in my little town but I've seen a few in one of the bigger cities in my area and I really just figure them to be bums for the most part.I don't really trust them,(it's hard to tell a bum from a thief,most are probably one in the same) and if they come up to my car window wanting money they'll just end up looking down the barrel of my gun. A person don't have to get the perfect job just one that pays,maybe later something better will come along.And if they also need food stamps to help then fine,i won't fuss to much about that.But these homeless people don't even try.They're lots of houses for sale and rent around my area.I figure it's the same most places but if not go somewhere there is.

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I do know it is not easy finding a job, let alone one that will provide enough income to live off of.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

gh who is paying 350 a month for rent? cheapest around here is around $800

more realistically would be 150/wk for groceries, 800/mo for rent, 200/mo for utilities, 200/mo for car insurance and 50/wk for gas.

Thats about 2 grand a month not counting little things that may come up day to day. So youre looking at expenses of roughly 24k a year and this isnt even taking into account that someone may have kids.

Some people need help, these government programs aren't around for fuckall.

12. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Things are cheap here,my wife's parents pay $240,but it usually runs $300 to $400 around here.It's pretty common to find a decent house for sale anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000.

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

with the market being how it is, 40,000 will buy you a VERY nice house around here, but we are in the same part of the country tho LOL

14. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

well she better get her shit together because there is a 5 year time limit. im just saying that not all homeless people are in the right mind states. god forbid you ever look through a less fortunate persons eyes in your future. i dont go and donate anything to the poor nor feel the need to, but i have compassion for them and im glad im not in there shoes.

15. RRL

RRL Top Dog

In defense of the homeless panhandlers at least they are asking.I mean the government just takes that money.

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont even get me started with them bastards LOL

17. This doesn't bother me. What bothers me is this. 600 a kid @3. Hud pays the rent at 1200. Puerto Rican Action board pays the gas, and other utilities. CHurches supply the food. Then they take the clothes that they get for free at the Church and take it to an open air market to make money for gas and cigarettes. Now that is the best scam going.

18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Same here,when my grandma died her house sold for $42,000,and it was nice,in a nice part of town.But most are in the 20 grand range and those don't rent for much,I've seen them lower than 20.It's easy to find a house around here but like you said we're in the same part of the country.I've seen people from other parts of the country sell a house and come here and buy a farm,so I know different places are different than here. I probably come off looking like an ass,but I see it everyday I it gets old.I've seen people ride the system so much,that are perfectly able to work.My original point was as bad as i hate people riding the welfare system, as easy as it is to get stuff give to you by the government why panhandle.Although i wished both types of people would just gets some balls and provide for themselves.I'd rather actually work as pretend to be a homeless guy.

19. Some people will go to great lengths not to work. I couldn't do it but to watch the system being used to its fullest advantage is something to see.

20. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I know what you mean,it looks to me like it's actually more effort to get out of work than the work would be.lol