1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper hanging to me

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ShakaZ, May 14, 2010.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the whole "DNA" testing is nothing more then a marketing tool. if you can't take the word of the person who your getting the dog from. then maybe you shouldn't be getting anything from them.

2. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Okay, put in this way I understand, and even though I can't agree... I do understand thanks, Junebug.

3. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Thing is even if y'all are the best of friends brothers, hell butt buddies for all I care you never know unless you was there for all the ties AND took the bitch after and kept her until she whelped. LMAO.

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i agree, i guess my point was that accidents do happen, and DNA ing all dogs imo seems like a step forward when it comes to the whole "who is really outta who" argument that can happen years down the road. alotta good dogs have been discredited, or not given credit they deserved cuz of that shit.

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

People are fools who put too much stock into papers and pedigree.... lol the only people who care about pedigree are the people who are gonna breed the dog and sell the puppies, so they worry about what will "Click"...... Hahahahaha if you want a product, buy a product but its not your "RIGHT" to know how said dog is bred. Trust the folks your getting the dog from to give you the best chances of getting a BULLDOG!!!!! Now, IMO someone who breeds CURRS and SELLS CURRS with right or wrong pedigree is MUCH MUCH worse than someone who gives you a BULLDOG and your only told that's is this crossed that..... If you have a BULLDOG then you should be happy and not bitch, you wanted a BULLDOG and not a breeding dog when you paid for the damn thing..... Papers goof for only one thing! Peddling! And I give rats ass if you dissagree.....

6. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

if your looking to just own a top class animal and you know what one is, then all that matters is what your two eyes tell you....

if your breeding , then true ancestry is vital,...if you dont trust your source ,...then D.N.A. can tell you and others after the fact , that the breeding or breeder are dishonest.............if you trust the source , and didnt just fall of the turnip truck,....then paper or D.N.A. are irrelavant....

the importance of DNA increases in direct correlation to the rise in poor breeders ,... supplying a large market with many sub genres, target markets, and financial streams, the need for objective truth becomes vital.......i remember the first time i ever came on line...and viewed what seemed like thousands of sites ...all with the same spiel....BULLSHIT TO THE GULLIBLE....

7. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Anybody that thinks paper hanging is ok is someone that has done it themselves. I would reccommend that you steer clear from anyone in this thread condoning it.

8. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I have to agree with Ben on the fact that a person should do business with someone they know, Now while the pedigree doesn't make the dog; It is very important to have a good honest pedigree to use as a tool in judging the dog overall.

I think honesty and transparency should be the foundation of any business, Be it dogs or otherwise. If a person has a reputation of being a paperhanger or a thief in general then it is a pretty safe bet that I myself would steer clear of them and I also would advise others to do so. A person that hangs papers most always will have done numerous other things and won't bat an eye at doing whatever it takes to sell a dog since folks that result to paper hanging in the first place are not there for the dogs but for the money.

9. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I do not like paper hanging, but at the same time I am not a DNA fanatic. If I knew someone putting out top notch dogs with less than accurate peds I would give them a whirl. A smart breeder would know how to get good dogs from paper hung dogs. Who here believes honeybunch is bred like her papers say? If people were hung up on paper alot of good dogs would have never been. The same can be said for boomerang and any carver dog. All you buck and mayday nuts need to go out back and cull your whole yard if you think paper hanging is a mortal sin. These are just examples we know of. What about the one that are yet to be known.

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

condone- excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with; "excuse someone's behavior" LOL now anyone that don't have,eli,jeep,redboy, or dogs down from tudor,carver,floyd, hinzel, please raise your hands because yall some condoning hypocrites.:rolleyes:

11. SPB

SPB Pup

Burn 'em at the stake!!! lol I could give two shits about the paperwork myself. Why should folks care what went down 20 generations back? Though I don't care for dishonest people that'll stick a pretty piece a paper on some mutts, I could care less if the chef wanted to keep the recipe to himself... as longs as he's producing some fine examples of the breed.

If the breeder isn't keeping most of the litter himself, that's a sure fire way to tell if he's peddlin "pretty" garbage. Posting up a bunch of peds of breedings on forums, feds online, craigslist ads, classifieds, puppyfind, etc. are obviously other ways. It's pretty much common knowledge to those that know what time it is. As for those that don't, what difference does it make how your dog is bred? Just sounds like those that are so against paper hanging are a bit delusional. Do folks actually believe they can trace the their peds back to Colby dogs without a few smoke and mirrors? C'mon now!

12. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

For all of the talk about puppy peddlers, I think it may go to far.:o

If there are a whole bunch of good dogs out there with good paper, the people who contact me know nothing about it.

It seems a true pit is hard to find for the average person.
    There is the endangered breed Association from the ADBA for example.

And yes, here in the U.S., a well screened person may want a traditional Bull dog.:dogstare:

I want my paper true. Only deal with those you trust. History is history as far as the old school questionable lines (however, people avoid certain dogs - some say Frisco - I am not saying one way or the other - if people avoid questionable paper than there must be some reason for it)

13. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Yep I'd be a peddler if I was trying to sell the damn dogs.

14. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

why do u have paper dogs:confused:do u trust a breeder when u purchase,that crap about[the breeder telling u how it's bred w/o seeing paper work,an u should be happy u got a bulldog]COMEON MAN who do u think we r phucking kids!LMMFAO:D I'M NOT A BREEDER,but i would like to know how they'er bred and proof that they'er bred that way.the breeders want the cash,so give me a real phucking dog.JMO!

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

im satisfied with just a handwritin pedigree & the word of a good friend. i prefer seeing where the dogs come from & what potential they may have.

16. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

agreed,but wouldn't go off of a stranger's word or a person i don't know:D

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

funny story there was a kennel that was pretty well known & had first class dogs . there really wasn't any bad talk about this guy a lot of folks spoke highly of them & there dogs. these folks sold high dollar pups with real nice papers the whole 9 yards. they would advertises in magazines & online when they had pups for sale the pups were sold real quick. folks would get all the papers & the pup. funny thing is the pup they would get were from the "bargain trader" with a real sweet pedigree. when folks showed up at this guys yard to pick up there pup. he would impress them by giving the "yard tour" by that time they would be eating out of his hand. they would see a bitch that recently had pups & two puppy pens one with there pup & one that was not for sale lol. he knew his "clients" weren't intrested in anything more then breeding to only sell more pups or just to have a "well bred" dog. eather way his "clients" weren't serious about dogs. because if they were they would have gotten to know what this guy was all about. so i guess the moral of the story is. the man behind the dog is the biggest factor. if you don't take the time to get to know them. you can end up just another "client" with a bargain trader pup with a sweet pedigre.

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

FUCK NO!!!! id take the pup in a heartbeat!!! shit and prolly offer a few thou for the parents!! lol

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i personally wouldnt deal with some dipshit i i never met or dont trust.

if i trust the folks id say "pick me out a honest bulldog", and take theyre word for it.

if the day comes that i may want to stick em to another dog, ill ask the dogman i aquired said dog from and ask him how he's bred and what he reccomends i do with it as far as the breeding goes.

hell, i dont hate on a handwritten ped, and honestly my dogs wouldnt need to be registered for me to be happy.
    as long as i know whats what, and whos who so i know what to take it to then i can give to shits if theyre registered.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  20. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

Holding a dogs paper work is one thing tellin someone that their dog is bred like this and its not is different.