1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper Hanging!

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by misterdogman, Jun 21, 2005.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Strangely I agree with you more than I disagree, I guess if we can't control the past we must do our best to control the future with the dogs we have now and make sure only people of integrity get them for the next generation...If we keep agreeing like this we might start growing on each other...what a change of events...lol...JK

2. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Nice bit of info 440 just made me feel a bit better about some of my own dogs. I have not had the chance to speak to many Oldtimers but a few. They do like to tell what really went on during those times.

Paper hanging should be left to show dog owners cause it dont hurt them they just breed for color and conformation. Oh yea! and makes a good pet with a big head.
    I think many dogs papers are jacked up also and we can't fix the past but make the future true as we can make it.

I dont worry about what people say about my dogs and could care less if they lie about what they really know. I have yet to see a free for all just to see the best they have to offer CAUSE MONEY TALKS AND REAL BULLDOGS WALK! Some real bulldogs did not get credit for their ability due to matches to so called good dogs. Cost to much for a poor old man and his paycheck. I also heard an oldtimer say TG paid his way in the dog world cause of his money he tried to corner the market but some of his stuff craped out but so did everyone else. Every one's dogs are over rated to me and mine are to but I don't sell a dog with papers hanging off his ass. Later!

3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I am not trying to start anything, but Don Mayfield's biggest contribution to the dogs is rumors about other dogmen. He was stoned most of the time back then. I am sorry but I have to go with Mr. Clemmon's version over D.M's.

4. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

gr ch buck
    ninja
    honeybuch
    snooty
    chinaman
    redboy
    zebo
    tab tramps litter
    frisco litters
    and plenty more have contraversial paper work.

i belive good dogs are where you find em, sums it up time and time again.

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

This is EXACTLY what I was waiting for...look at all the rumors about some very well known and famous dogs...this isn't just about Honeybunch it is about all the dogs we based good lines off of and this is really probaly more prolific than we ever imagined...I am 100% ready to throw any ped I have in this fire I still have burning... I will probaly never register any of them anyway for those reasons..it continues the manifest of errors... because peds dont feed the dogs, make them perform, or sign any permission slips to breed... If I remember correctly isn't it the dogs that make that decision for us anyway? And remember this point if the oldtimers lied about the peds it was probaly to hide their recipe #1 reason in my eyes...their #1 goal was to still bring a dog that showed up and if that is what was passed down to our dogs who cares what it says on paper but more important is what is says in the dogs eyes and heart...This is the only goal anyway right?

6. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Yup Garner bought Chinaman after he was retired and he did the same with Spike. All he did was add his name to the dogs when he didnt have anything to do with there hunting.

7. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

I never said what i was told was the truth...I was just stated what I had heard..Some say bullyson quit some say he didnt...i wasnt there and probley no one else on this board was either...I like bullyson dogs..i never said they were bad dogs..ALL i said was the story that I was told...There was an article on Honeybunch in The best of YF&M 95 99, same thing was stated..like i said NO one knows the truth but the ones that witnessed the events in questions..All that matters to me is that she produced good dogs ...it really doesnt matter how she was bred..She proved her self time and time agian..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2005
  8. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Your right papers don't mean shit..Some people on this board dont understand that tho and if you really want to register your dog why not do it after it has proven it self and will only be used for breeding. When someone asks me for papers off one of our dogs when its a puppy 1. It shows me that person is not a real dogger and 2. All they want to do is peddle pups off that pup as soon as they can. My Brother wanted to register all our dogs to show people they are really bred like their papers say. After long talks and fights with each other. He finally agreed with me. All registering your dogs does is give ADBA, BONA FIDA, AADR, GDR, UKC, AKC, or whoever our money and leaves a paper trail for the Law to follow to our front door. Besides the fact that getting the dogs registered dont mean shit. That aint going to prove that the dogs are really bred the way that piece of paper says..

9. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

A Lot of really dogmen register their dogs!!!!!

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Good point, I have to agree with you 100%

11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

All I can say about this is ...nuff said...exactly what was stirrin in my mind...

12. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

This post is the best I been on yet! Men were hanging papers because they had a good dog and needed a ped with a # so this would be kept in a Registry. Registry # gave a man ground to stand on to a match a dog. Without a # it was just another dog that won but had no ped for breeding. The men had something if the dog was a CH OR GRCH and a good ped to back up the profit to be made on breedings later down the line. This is not the only reason people were hanging papers but ones that were in it for the sport had to do what was needed to put a dog up another level. Misterdogman I agree with you about the pups also but I was a greenhorn at one time and thought It was about the paperwork before I found the game in its true form. I have dogs bred well over a year and the papers are still in a book waiting for the time to keep them or burn them. I went and paid good money for curs and paperwork and learned a lesson. I then paid for some dogs from a dogger and I still have not sent the paperwork off yet! but the dogs are the real deal.

The paperwork ant bad it's the man that signs them over to you that you have to judge. I am honest to people that come to my yard and ask questions! but It's like they dont want to hear the truth! They want to hear some blown up fab story about the dogs. I have learned to see false paperwork on dogs I know and track and I have found a few peds online that are false on bullshit dogs. I'll tell ya if your in the Jacksonville, NC area there are a few kennels that hang them on Frisco, Patrick dogs. One dog is a littermate to kings Buckshot off Frisco. This litter was Buckskin and a good percent of Frisco dogs are buckskin but this littermate is black and The kennel that owns this bitch thinks its got one over on dog world. NOT!
    Lifes a garden dig it!

B likes this.
  13. B

B CH Dog

Good post bgfu!

B

14. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

15. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Amen, Crash!!

16. HBK

HBK Big Dog

So much for "Honest dogmen" :(

17. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I agree with many of the idea's here but KURUPT is saying that people want the paperwork to see the names they know. It gives them a warm and fuzzy just to see a dog they have read or been told about. Kurupt I feel your pain man! Crash I want my paperwork to when I get a dog or pup only because the jerk-offs I delt with before stood me up on paperwork and never got them for me. The dogs are good but the breeder is a jerk. I'll breed my non-papered dogs for my self and if someone likes what they see then they will know that the dog has no papers but is a quality bulldog. I can do the pedigree for the most part and just because ADBA dont have record of this dog or dogs dont mean its not a bulldog.

18. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

paper work shmaper work!;)

19. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I didn't think I would have so many people agree on this subject but it really shows what is important to the true dogperson...Dogs... not Trees...I mean paper. Funny too, one time my Bambam(Chinaman/Jocko) was on the chain and the neighbors scatter bred Redboy/Jocko bitch got over here (shes a family pet but what I have seen of her made me glad it wasn't some other stray non-pitbull even though she is not brood stock and he is not in possesion of papers or proven her) So when she got over to my farm she became pregnant. I wasn't even home but after my initial anger subsided I told myself well what the hell could I have done?... I took care of my dog and were a mile apart so WTF. So to make a short story long...lol... when the pups came I helped him by taking a couple to my cousin in Desmoines which are really acting well at 1year now and from what I have seen of the rest locally... all act right and 1 female and 1 male are seeming to be on my mind enough to where I have considered bringing them back to my yard for further evaluation inthe future. I felt bad for thinking this because some guys would turn up their noses to a dog scattered like this on the bottom but genetics has a law of no discrimination and if something good comes from any of these pups it wouldn't be the first time. Lots of well known dogs have no history to show and are so scatter bred they almost are just basically a "2 pits" got together type of breeding with no planned similarities. So when your concerned about what genetics will bring and what to expect be ready to have some random things happen because theirs always an exception to every rule and you never know what recessive things might show up. So to sum it it up I have dogs not papers to qualify on my yard..the way it should be... even though they all do have their peds they mean SH!T and if one of those pups turned out badass it is welcome on my yard again..

20. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

The End.....