1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Papers Dont Make Dogz, Dogz Make A Paper

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by lumberjack, Apr 24, 2008.

1. btlover

btlover Pup

This post is so true. But in todays time we need the peper to help keep the dogs. Wut we are trying to do at ANDR is to try and help save our way of life. By helping all of us with dog registry and legal help for all of us. You can run. But you can't hide. We don't know how to run.

http://www.americannationaldogregistry.com

2. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Hey What's up Folks
    I agree that papers don't make a dog,the dog is what makes the paper's. I also agree that paper's do make a good base's for what your lookin for in a dog by lookin and considering what trait's, percentage and known abilities the bloodlines have carried true through the years. Like good mouth, natural wind and certain finnesse a dog has which is like the old CH's and GR CH's of way back when! People always talk about how that bloodline produces long wind and how that one gives off great mouthed dog's. Well those guy's wouldn't be talkin like that if it wasn't for that constantly registered dog! All you great dog men and ladies are makin history and the ONLY way for the newer generation to even remotely hear about a dog out there is through research lookin for that CH Jeep or GR CH Zebo is most of the time through the paper's. In the hopes of gettin that same dog or remotely close! I sure there are alot of good dog's out there that we or I haven't heard about but paper's are HISTORY and that's what makes these dog's for the new comer's more valueable for HISTORY's record's!

3. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I think this thread should be bumped, some good points in here...

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

But the papers do tell you what your chances of having a good one are.

5. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

If you say so m8. I've never been told that by a pedigree hand wrote or printed by a Reg., nor do my dogs know how to read, lol, obviously.....

6. NO peace of paper ever made a dog a better hunter out on the field.

an old hunting buddy of minds always say "you cant put paper on grits"

with that said papers do help with breeding programs, shows, the mighty dollar etc...

7. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Papers don't matter on the hunt, but when you go to the second phase it matters. There have been unpapered, amstaff crosses and such that have been good performers, but when breeding time comes they revert back to their true form. A prime example of this would be grch 35. An awesome dog, but did not produce. Although I am not ROM fanatic, it gives you a good idea of where good dogs come from. Dogs that seemingly come from nowere usually lead to nowere.

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

"you cant put paper on grits"....:D:D

9. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Big Dog

in strattons book the story on 35 is he was purchest for 35 dollars from a dope head and was to be used as a roll dog but he turned out to be to ruff so he decided to match him the rest is history or at least each mans version of history..........lol

10. New England

New England Banned

I believe if you know the dogs and have close freindships with the people your dealing with then papers dont mean much,If you breeding for you and your circle.And some of the old dog men were not so trustworthy and honest as people think.Tuder was a crook and a theif,but he kept good dogs.I guess good dogs will come to the forfront one way or another.

11. TNKIDD

TNKIDD Pup

35 was found, I know the ones that were there and helped school him. On another note, papers do matter. ADBA, CKC, or my personal favorite by trusting who you get dogs from when they tell you what they are, those are all PAPERS. It doesn't tell you what to expect from the dog, thats why people say papers don't matter. Its just a reference for future breeding if that dog decides to work. A good dog is where you find it, but they can be found more often if you know where to look.

12. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

TNKID you still have 35's other story? Told by our friend??

13. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Plain and simple for those who are slow to learn; show me one good line line of dogs who have sprung from less than good stock. I have owned dogs with nothing but a hand written ped that turned out well. Guess what, they were down from great dogs. Some of you are confusing unregistred dogs with trash. There is a huge difference. Just like there is a difference between well bred dogs and papered garbage. Alot of people are passing themselves off as dogmen, so if you don't k ow the difference a newcomer has nothing to go on but paperwork. Do your homework before you plop your money down.

14. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

magnoilaotis that's a great point!

15. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

As for grch 35's other story you might as well look for the loch ness monster. I know one story and that is the one bill told. If you knew the old coot you would know that is the only story.

16. TNKIDD

TNKIDD Pup

I can sure look for it...

17. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

The story was well documented in bill's mag in great detail. I love how all the bs rumers start after a the death of the ones who know. Where were these stories when bill was alive.

18. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

magnoilaotis there's another story, its out there, told by, well I won't say, not my place, but a few of us have read it and know who wrote it. It's a different story that covers 35 after he was bought. Its a good read.

19. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Oh yeah; to everyone who says paperwork doesn't matter let me guess you feed less than well bred dogs.

20. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

the truth shall set you free. point the story out