1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Papers Dont Make Dogz, Dogz Make A Paper

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by lumberjack, Apr 24, 2008.

1. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

As I stated before when you go back and read my initial post paper's assist but they do NOT in anyway shape or form determine a bulldogs worthiness only the dog can do that. Too many people who breed put way too much emphasis on pedigree's instead of the dogs themselves that's why you have an abundance of junk being bred.

2. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

I respect your ideas and agree with you on many points.
    However, have you wondered why people started keeping pedigrees in the first place?
    Do you think it was just because they liked the extra paperwork or because folks began noticing a correlation between making certain breedings and success?

3. DOA RIP

DOA RIP Banned

I'll go so far as to say if a meteor hit south American again...and wiped out most life as we know it to be...aside from a few colonies of people and livestock..ect..ect now if all that was available was "junk" and a stack of pedigrees, I'll guarantee you could get what you're looking for "faster" than you with trial and error with best to best of available dogs. meaning the pedigrees will give you a foundation..and we all know you can't built a house roof first.

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I never said pedigree's should be non existent or you shouldn't keep handwritten pedigree's to keep track of what's on your yard what I said was that you cannot determine a dogs worthiness based on a pedigree alone that is what this topic is about. Paper's inform you of one thing how your dogs are bred and sometimes they don't even tell you that correctly.

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

how do you think basing what you do on something you don't even know is a true sound procedure

It isn't the names of dogs on a written form that make a breeding good or important. It's who bred the dog and WHY they bred it.

6. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

there is too many people that care about papers now a days shit is silly know were dog comes from and do a hand written one instead remember haveing any type of regitration on a dog will consider you a felon a low life a dog fighter by the oink oinks example animal planet they went into a house found ADBA papers and they said on camera that thats how dog fighters know that the dog comes from fighting lines lol RETARDED!!!!

7. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

to many breed for pretty peds ( 30x gr ch so & so) and over look the quality of the dogs being bred...also to many buy dogs with these peds expecting the next ch and when they dont make the cut they become brood dogs based on the ped. I like a well bred dog myself, i feel like if you do your homework on the dogs in the peds you have better chance of getting a good one with a well bred one..every once in awhile dogs come out of now where but the % is low..most of the time the good ones come from hard work and selective breeding using a ped...i got a mayday bred dog back in the day and she never turned out...my friend was humping my leg not to put her down let him have her...he built a yard of about 20 dogs around this bitch with low % and wasted 5-6 years. So for me, give me a well bred dog but if it dont work out pretty ped or not i got no space for it.

8. garth

garth Big Dog

The dog makes his ped.The END,but how many of us buy our dogs because of their peds?I have two 15 month old dogs for sale,one is scatterbred his sire an dam are GR CH's all four Grandparents are winning dogs.The other is line bred,his sire an dam are also GR CH's Grandparents are winning dogs also,which dog will you buy?

9. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Big Dog

@ Garth the dog that is the best....

Breeding bulldogs is in my eyes almost the same as gambling. Ofc if you have a certain dog that throws good stuff you can build on that % wise, but still its never a guarentee that the litter will have the dogs you want right? Id stick with best 2 best tbh...

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Papers are a tool. Nothing more. And paper is paper. Doesn't need a fancy print out with a stamp of approval on it as long as there's an honest man behind the pen that's good enough for me. We've all seen what the ADBA will register as a "pit bull". No thanks, I'll write mine myself. They are by NO MEANS a blueprint or guide to follow. Some dogs just produce and some don't. Go look at some of the big ROM dogs and see how many different lines that dog was bred to and still produced bulldogs. Too much inbreeding being done by people who shouldn't be breeding because they follow a set papers and try to cram the same dog in the ped as many times as possible. Most of the good breeders I've talked to say loose line breed your best to the best. If you have to have a set of papers to tell you where the dog comes from you need to start asking yourself some questions like why you want the dog. What do you know about the parents and grandparents. Where did your information come from?

11. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

lols.......:d