1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

parvo vaccination info???

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Aceman, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Was wondering how long it takes for the parvo vaccination to start protecting your dog? My pup had got one a little over a week ago at the animal shelter I got him from, would he have any protection from it yet??Am kind of nervous to take him out for walks until I know he is protected, was the same with my boy Sammy, but was told you could easily take it home to your dogs on the bottom of your shoes also, thats kind of scarey .

2. Suki

Suki Guest

3. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

The link on parvo is full of info. I try not to let my pups have much contact with others until they have had at least two parvo/carona shots spaced three weeks apart from each other. Keeping your pup worm free is also a big part in keeping his imune system in check.

Good luck with your new pup.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

That is one of the most contagious and deadly canine deseases known It will kill a pup real fast. wait till after the second shot for sure.

5. KingCapo

KingCapo Pup

be REAL carefull i would wait till the third shot to take him around other dogs and out of your yard... i had my pup karma contract it after the second, my vet told me even with the injections they are not fully covered until they have reached six months of age with the vac.