1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

people biting pitbulls

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 7mmrowland, Apr 18, 2010.

1. That set up was for my bully, I had to move him up closer so that was his chain set up at the time, lol and we all know bullies wont break that :)

2. O your talking about meeks chain, that is a puppy chain, I dont put anything heavy on a neck that is younger then 6mths. damn edit button!

And im a bit confused on your comment.. you thought I was a "dogman".. So women cant do it? Just you guys.. *sigh* ok.

Anyway im outta here, no point in explaining.. its just beating a dead horse. Its a bit depressing.. here we are fighting for the same thing, the right to own the breed we choose to own and we cant even get along amongst ourselves, no wonder society thinks of apbt owners as idiots, thugs and whatnot we dont help the situation at all, and the way folks talk to each other here is retarded. If you want to pick a fight get on AOL chats or some shit not a pit bull forum where people seek information, to enjoy the talk of this breed, and "come together" so to speak. People are worried about cops and whomever screening this forum I wonder what they must be thinking when they read these posts?? But hey who gives a shit obviously, this breed is 6ft under anyway and if you want to contribute to there extinction then go for it. I guess if you can live with it.. So can I.

3. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

RE:Not a good idea! I don't care how loyal your animal apears to be, it is still an animal. I wouldn't leave a poodle alone with my child, let alone a dog that could destroy my child if it wanted too. This is how people make the news lol

as far as Cypress watching the girls - Its all about taking care of the kids for her - "Live to fetch, fetch to Live"

besides, its the Res Man!!:eek::D
    A Pitty is all good

5. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

the op was about game dogs , this site is gamedog.com . if people cant post their knowledge of gamedogs around kids, without someone who has never owned, bred or seen a game dog, muddying the waters for those requiring game dog knowledge . then these dogs are f**ked!

6. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

are you married?....lol.only jokin

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Actually, this POST was in reference to an incident involving a game BRED dog as a family dog that a bit a kid so I think all that has been said in reference DOES apply. No one said others can't post their opinion concerning game dogs and kids, but since most game dog folks DON'T have their dogs around kids, they actually have LESS knowledge on the subject than someone who has a game BRED dog as a family dog as both the OP and I have.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  8. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah but I wouldnt toss that opinion out the door, that point of view should be used as a good future reference

9. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I'm not tossing it out the door, but if I came on here posting opinions on sporting and hogging my opinion wouldn't mean a whole friggin' lot since I have no experience in either, so how can someone who has zero experience in game bred dogs as family dogs over ride someone who DOES? It's about respecting others who are more experienced in their own venue and respect is something that is very lacking around here and it interfers in learning because people are too busy fluffin' their feathers to realize they might actually learn something from a WOMAN. Put the ego aside and listen and you might actually learn something NEW.

10. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

hello zoe , yes you are right ,the original post was about a game bred dog biting a child. and what are the owners of game bred dogs saying about game dogs an kids mixing ? ... and what advice are people with pitbulls saying about pitbulls and kids mixing ?... now apply the two opposing sets of advice to the original post,...which one do you think he should have applied?.....

11. Thank you very much, Ill take that as a compliment especially after all the running I did to catch up with scrap holdin on to that damn thing, and it shot thru some briar patches, ripped my jeans, soaked my shoes and caught my shirt multiple times, I had a new shirt on when pics were taken lol..

:p:D

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Actually, if he would have applied MY advice a few weeks back when the dog was displaying inappropriate temperment for a family dog to euth the damn dog, this wouldn't have happened in the first place and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. No offence to the OP.

13. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yes that absolutely was a compliment, I cant help but to reckognize/admire your gameness. did you really catch him by urself? did you hobble or stick?

14. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

so to clarify you would have destroyed the dog at what point ? .. and did the op staight his "game bred" dog was a family dog?...

15. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Yes. He purchases a game bred dog as a family dog, there were multiple incidents in which the dog displayed inappropriate behaviour towards the kid, but thanks to a bunch of ''save them all'' types, he was guilted in to working with the dog. I told him in my house the dog would have been on a one way trip to the vet after the first incident as I have a ZERO tolerance policy when it comes to HA for ''family dogs'' ESPECIALLY towards kids. I cull hard. One of the reasons I've been so successful in MY venue for the past 20 years.

16. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

zoe, do you believe " game dogs" are suitable family dogs?

17. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I do believe they CAN be, with the right owner, and if part of the breeding progam that created the specific line being considered involves culling for human aggression, but that seems to be a rarity these days.

Honestly, I think most people can't even handle a pet bull.

18. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

" honestly , i think most people cant even handle a pet bull"(agreed)... " culling for human aggression, but that seems to be a rarity these days"(agreed)... so you are saying that the right individual , with specific blood lines, can... do you believe the "right type of owner and the right type of blood lines" are typical or atypical of the present "game bred " "game dog" community?

19. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I forgot to add as well, with the right individual dog, hence the need for the willingness to cull, if necessary, on the part of the owner.

Honestly, I think it's split right down the middle, all frustration with the people I think are doing a diservice to the breed for not culling for HA and negative press aside with my pet bull comment, as we just had ANOTHER incident in my city in the past day that is no doubt going to cause me a whole lotta stress and work cleaning up the aftermath and take my time, yet again, away from my kids and dogs.

Anyway.......

I've met some impeccable owners who I think do a great service to the breed and I have the utmost respect for, and just as many that shouldn't have a dog of any sort let alone be a parent.

As far as the breeder aspect, there seems to be just as many who take a hard stance against man biters as there are that couldn't give a toss about HA.

I'd say it's a draw.

The key to success IMO is communication. Breeders need to be straight up with what they are producing and what kind of traits their line carries and if they feel their dogs have a high chance to succeed as a family dog. Buyers need to be straight up with what they are looking for and not just assume that because there was a pit bull on Little Rascals the puppy they are purchasing will be good with their kids or fail to ask the right questions because they are too worried about being looked upon as the ever popular 'dis' these days...... a ''pet bull owner''. There is so much ego in the WHOLE community, it interfers with REAL communication so inappropriate dogs dogs are sold to inappropriate homes because breeders front with what they have to make some cash and buyers front with what they need so they don't get dissed for wanting a dog as a family dog. Everyone seems to be frontin' IMO. What ever happen to honor and balls on all sides?

When I'm looking to purchase a dog, first thing I ask is if they cull for HA and if I don't get a straight up answer and get some illusive response or a no, I look elsewhere. There are plenty of people producing game dogs that feel that culling for HA is staying as true to the breed as culling curs and those are the people I seek out when I want a dog.

20. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Or, if the line or pup has other traits I am looking for, I take a chance, watch the pup very closely as it matures, and cull as needed.