1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Permethrin 10% - advice on use & dilution?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ABK, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Falcon

Falcon Pup

Re: Permethrin 10% - advice on use & dilution?

With all due respect, permethrin has NOT "been shown to cause ... blah blah in humans" The US Military uses Permethrin in a .05% solution for insect repellent and have extensively tested it on humans. In conjunction with deet for exposed skin (the ester's in human sweat break down permethrin inside of 20 mins) it is 100% effective. Google "permethrin military" for more info. As far as dogs go, I have no experience. Everything I have read says it is highly toxic to cats and aquatic life... but humans... NO.

2. LivewireT

LivewireT Big Dog

imho
    i use perm 10 2 ounces to a gallon also put in some tea tree oil and baby oil
    i spray the whole dog down with a pump spray about every 3 days
    i also put fly traps everywhere
    and use ortho bug-b -gone
    on the ground
    my dogs are in the woods also and i have had good results
    hope this helps

3. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Dude just go get a few bttles of PETCORE from your coop if they dont have it tell them to order you some , I have been using it for about 10 years if has a IGR in it. It will not harm you or your dogs, And some times nothing else will work. I used DIME EARTH or what ever they put that in a shake with dog blood and made bigger fleas, LOL no shit the stuff works 15 $ a bttl one bttle will treat 5 avg size game dogs one month and you can spray home bedding and the kennel with it, It is not a dirt cheap way but it WORKS and it wont harm your charge.

4. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i have been mixing it 4oz perm 10 with 10oz of Su-per Bye Fly Natural and then 10 oz of mineral oil to keep it a bit cheaper. i made it this time with more of the super bye fly from another post i made awhile ago with the use of this. for those that bring there dogs in every once and awhile the Su-per Bye Fly Natural smells kind of good. it takes a bit of the chemical smell away from the perm 10. i know most wouldnt care of the smell but i do my self and im a guy. this stuff wont make the dogs smell like a bucket of roses but it does a pretty good job of masking the smell. just putting it out there for those that buy this stuff but then hate the smell that rubs off on your hands when you pet the dog. if the dogs are coming in the house id recommend getting that bye fly product. if there not then who cares how they smell as long as the bugs are staying away from them. just my input

5. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

Where do you buy this food grade diatomaceous earth???

6. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

Where do you buy this food grade diatomaceous earth???

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

8. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

thank you so much ... :)

9. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

food grade diatomaceous earth is a power do you just powder the dogs with it or mix it with water??

10. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

im guessing it is like sevens dust???

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

upper right hand corner at the top of the page = search box. There's threads on it and the use.

12. horsrotn

horsrotn Pup

13. allbiz00

allbiz00 Pup

It doesnt do anything for ticks!!! I use it.