1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pheotype within litter

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by PlugUgly, Jan 12, 2010.

1. How dare you? Why not get a american bulldog if that's what u want

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Im sorry sir but on paper thats heavy line breeding . however Looking at some individuals like CH Eppinette,s Casper he has a wood snooty kinda trowback!(bristols ch Thor kinda head). being bred to his sister..
    An outcross within the same famely starts when they are at least 4 generations un related but carry 75% of the same famely foundation. If random outcome is alouwd in the selection prosses then dogs are ofthen not as pure bred as there pedegrees show.
    As for Runts ore diferend OD trowback individuals. thats comon umongst Genotype litters as wel People tent to forget that when you inbreed very tight on sirting individuals . you can shoot past your goal and draw genes prior to the dog your aming for to the front.

3. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

4. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

"How dare I?" lol, I went over that in a prior post. You have any experience with ABs? Great breed but not very consistent and I want working dogs not pretty paper.

5. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Also, I did keep pure ABs for over ten years and washed out 4 dogs. They either lacked physically, mentally or both.

6. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

plugugly,

ever get your pup transported to you ?

nmdogs

7. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

unfortunately I did not and I'm not sure the pup is still with them. I let them know they could move her along if they needed to. They did rite by me and I was not able to get her here. If she is still around and there is transport available I would love to get her bc that blood is top notch.

8. Teros

Teros Pup

AB one of my dream breed.
    In my town some years ago a guy had a mixed dog (st. bernard x great dane, one of most beautiful dog ever seen) that looks exactly like a bigger-toller AB whit no flaw.....
    Sorry for O.T.

9. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

sorry to hear ... but there was a recent posting on here about
    a reliable and affordable transporter !

nmdogs

10. I apologize not trying to sound rude

11. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

np. here is a male we got out of the cross, little over 2yo

[​IMG]

here is another that is related on the sire and dam side

[​IMG]

12. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

13. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

How much do they weigh?

14. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

they are both around 90lbs which is surprising. The sire of Mixer is a 85lb performance bred AB and the dam is Crackie who is in the mid 40s. Dewie's sire is a bigger dog at abt 110 but the dam is Lexie who is also mid 40s. I expected them to be closer to the APBT size due to the tighter breeding behind the sisters. Both nice dogs tho

15. Stoney917

Stoney917 Pup

Very nice lookin monsters u got there.... Ain't shit wrong with addin ab blood if u had the one u wanted and he had what u need ....and u are flat right out there sayin it's a mix not claiming it to be as pure ... Personally Ida gone that same route before I bread to an Xxl bully... Gorgeous dogs and I'm sure as long as u keep doin what u do u wil hit the goal u set

16. you may get what you want form the ab CROSS i DON'T KNOW. i assume the AB person wants more air, agility etc/. etc/. which is why imho they should just buy another breed of dog in the 1st. place lol.

so far as Cracky what made you do that breeding dude. VICE GRIP KENNeLES WAS BULL SHIT BACK IN 92-93 and folks like that don't often say. " hey i want to do better so i need to clean up my nefarious ways "

did you even check into the background of vice-grips history or are just just selling puppies for cash. no real dog man would ever go near those dogs. i can't recall the dudes name , but he used to write articles and be in the SDJ etc. , but at the end of the day he was a bullshitter just trying to make a buck using slick wording in his ads to entice newbies & idiots imho. and he got quite a few to bite too

ok found his name/handle California Jack, he owns this now The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database -

The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database is designed to be the premier online resource for bulldog fanciers all over the world. We are continuously developing this Resource, in depth and in scope, as the days (weeks, months, years) unfold. Ultimately, there will be no APBT resource like this anywhere. In order to show your support for this effort, as well as to enjoy the full benefits of this Database, there is a $30 yearly membership subscription, which will grant you access not just to The Ultimate Pedigree Database ... as well as our private, First-Class Discussion Forum ... but also to the full and unabridged Pit Bull Bible (which is now being posted for free in the form of various articles, video tutorials, drug indexes, etc.). These reference materials are growing and being added-to every day, so if you’re not a member yet you’re missing out! In a nutshell, if you’re serious about this breed, The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database is the place to be to discuss our favorite subject, bulldogs, in a 100% friendly and congenial atmosphere. If that sounds like what you’ve been looking for, then come on over and join us. To do so, please first Register and then Subscribe (in that order).

~ California Jack, Website Owner

17. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

thx Stoney. Not sure what your talking abt taichi? I haven't heard abt vice grip American bulldog kennels since the mid nineties.

18. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

If your talking abt the vice-grip APBT kennels your gonna have to ask Blackrock abt that breeding, Nazi is their dog

19. no vicegrip is only A.P.B.T. as i know them, and what i said about Cali jack is truth, stay away far away.

u only make a breeding when u have something special and u think u want more of it. if your dog/bitch ain't done jack then leave them be. if not you become a puppy peddler who is the bain of existence of our breed today imho. peace

20. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

There was a vice-grip American bulldog breeder but haven't hear from them in years, probably gone the way of most breeders. The one you are referring to, Blackrock's dog is down from and I have the feeling they are happy with what they have.

thx for your .02 abt peddlers. Insinuation seems to be the thing to do for some. I do not have a web site, I have done select breeding for myself with dogs that suit me, Good pups are given to family, friends or like minded individuals for further evaluation, lesser pups are basically given away as pets w no papers or pedigree. I wouldn't call myself a dog man but a serious student with over 15 years in. thx