1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

philippines .breeders and bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by bouledogge, Oct 31, 2010.

1. hello guys im interested to find out who in the philippines is breeding what ,and what levels of success the philippines bred dogs are having against imports from other countries . stories and pictures would be great if avalible

2. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

3. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

But you got to know that everything out there originated mostly from the states and other countries also! The problem with the PI is most dogmen out there don't breed based on a family... they mostly just breed to what's winning! And a lot of the feed is not as advanced as the U.S. and many sub-standard conditions for keeping there animals(small pens, crowded conditions)! Basically just 3rd world conditions! They have good one's but are a step behind real deal comp!

4. hi spike , thanks for the friendship add , good luck with the bulldogs . i myself am married to a pinay from cebu love the banjo line myself the female that ive seen was very small about 28ilb but what over lines are on the islands .??

5. T.A.K

T.A.K Pup

just about the same lines as everywhere else, there is quite a bit of dsk blood over there as thats where he sent alot of his dogs and the feds murdered the dogs on his yard. there is mayday, jeep, redboy ,boyles

6. carlo

carlo Pup

7. carlo

carlo Pup

8. carlo thanx for the pedigrees things look very good in pi im in cebu for 6 months a year , just back in england for my daughters collage courses so i wont be back over for while would like to meet a few guys when i get back to cebu ..there are some really nice bulldogs already in pi ,

9. thanx for the info very much appreciated .did anything out of the general make it over im looking for a little black powder keg maybe next summer ,

10. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!

11. nobody

nobody Banned

some good dogs over there.
    A buddy of mine has some vise grip's stuff and they look nice, they also have become very wel conditioners, seem some very intense dogs from there.
    I'm going next fall to check it out over there.

12. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

Haven't been in PI years...anyone doggers or know of any from Cavite, I have family there.

Nobody, what part of the PI are you going to? I need to take a vacation down there myself...

13. nobody

nobody Banned

i'm planning on going to Manila, so far i liked what i see from there

14. Caine25

Caine25 Pup

The quality of the dogs and the competition in the Philippines and in Asia in general are getting better and better. The are an international force to be reckoned with when it when it comes to the game birds, and YES, like the dogs, the best lines originated in the USA. So just like the bird game, it's happening with the dogs and many of the more successful kennels have very knowledgeable and experienced partners from the USA which gives them the same access to not only the blood, but the knowledge of nutrition, breeding, and keeps.

Spike Boogie:
    Are you filipino, been there, or what's your exposure to the dog game of the Philippines? I've been on professional yards, often with more than 100 dogs, in top notch condition, with staffs of 5 or more, whose sole job is to tend to the well being and care of the dogs. This game extends way past those who advertise and seek notoriety. A countless number of the ROM's, CH's, GrCh's, are unreported and unheard of because to the purists, it's still a gentleman's sport and kept quiet as it once was here decades ago.

One would only have to turn to Animal Planet to see the 'ghetto' and third world conditions that you speak of and that's in the USA. Most dogmen here breed mostly to winners as well. My point being, no matter where these dogs are in the planet, there will be those that have inferior conditions for inferior animals owned by inferior individuals. And for you to claim they are "a step behind real comp" is a bold and insulting statement. You have the nerve to sh*t on a whole country? If you're serious, there are a few elite dogmen that would willingly accept a challenge from you if you consider them small fry.

15. carlo

carlo Pup

you've got a Point there Caine25.

16. Caos

Caos CH Dog

good dogs in philippines and Thailand I heard about China too but they have his own rules there for what I heard.

17. Nomad

Nomad Pup

18. Bogey

Bogey Pup

Thumbs up with this one :)

19. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I doubt that is a problem to say the least...that is how a game-bred animal suppose to be bred! The theories behind breeding for gameness are not carved in stone...

To bouledogge: There were alot of imports back 20 years ago mainly by J. Arce...Wildside, Patrick, Mayday blood....DSK imported a few good dogs also and shown a few over there!

The last 15 years the PI dogmen have advanced at a drastic pace...with shows going on monthly and conventions every 3-6 months.

YIS

20. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

Didn't say it was a problem! I was brought up the old school way....these dogs used to be bred best to best based on a Family of dogs(inbreeding and line breeding) and not just taking 2 lines and making a battle cross(anybody can do that)!

I am a Filipino American and have been involved with these dogs longer then most on here. My opinions are based on where my Family is from in the PI(Malasiqui, Pangasinan). The people in that area are mainly poor as hell! Nothing pretty about it there!

Yes I do understand that the PI has came a long way in the past 15 years! But they are still a step behind the US! That's all I was saying! Why would I shit on the country that is home to me and my Family? You people kill me when you read to deep into a post! But even ignorant minds have opinions also!!!