1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Picking the right pup

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BOTP Kennels, May 16, 2015.

1. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

if you do a breeding and can't keep all the pups how do u choose what pups to keep?..I hear people say wait til they are all of age then school them out..but what if space is a problem and u can't keep them all...what are things YOU look for to make the right decision?

2. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

It's no way of telling which one's will be the best one's to keep they are only pups.

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Peanut butter on my nut sack test LMAO

4. siccen

siccen Big Dog

Go with your gut. That's the best you can do!

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

peanut butter test -thats funny shit right there!!
    I try to let the pup pick me :)

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'd keep the one that most looked in phenotype and mannerisms as the dog or dogs they came from and is trying to be reproduced. In the end it's a gamble any which way. The shy runt could still end up being better than all the others in any particular litter. Roll of the dice. if your the breeder and own or know the family of dogs your working with then you spend more time with them than anyone and after 8 weeks to 6 months, you'll know which one you want to keep..

7. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Well said ! In the past I let tne pup or pups pick me. The 1st one to me the majorty of the
    he time. Not the neediest nor the shyest. There is still know way of knowing untill they grow up.

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I take the one that gives me all the signs it won't turn out to be worth a dam. And they are usually the ones that surprise you! I'm just kidding but only half way, I've had shy, timid, hide in the corner when the other pups are playing pups that turn on and show out when the time comes. And I've had ones that spent their while life looking like the best thing smoking until it counted lol

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

9. JayW

JayW Big Dog

Half or better of picking the right pup... begins and ends in starting with the right litter. After that... eenie meenie miney moe is about as reliable as anything else imo.

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol some of the best I saw wouldn't come to me or anyone when they was pups..Its really a gamble but I wouldn't judge based on shyness..never.

11. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

I pick the one that rather fight than eat, the one that is willing to get off a tit if it here's its litter mates fighting, the one that will start it and finish it.
    Thats how i pick

12. Some people like to go with the most active, there's no way to be certain. It's one of those gut feelings sort of things. Not sure how to explain it just something about them clicks for you

13. bounty

bounty Big Dog

The one that does the biggest shits. And if they all have big shits then go with the one you like.
    Usually the exceptional ones stand out. If they are all seem the same then its easy... pick the color you like.