1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull Community Rescue Resources

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Dano, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Dano

Dano Big Dog

PIT BULL COMMUNITY RESCUE RESOURCES

Pit Bull Community and Ghosts of the Past Animal Rescue (GOTPAR) have teamed up to make the ultimate rescue resource center. GOTPAR is a small animal rescue shelter in Ontario, Canada. We rescue all breeds of dogs, including the American Pit Bull Terrier. All of our dogs are vetted, micro-chipped and spayed or neutered. We screen our applicants carefully to make sure we place our animals in great homes.

Pit Bull Community and GOTPAR are teaming up in order to promote a North American rescue effort to help the APBT. As you know, many pit bulls are abused and abandoned. We want to work together to find homes for as many pit bulls in the US and Canada. With Pit Bull Community as a web base and GOTPAR’s facility in Ontario as a physical center of operation, we will be able to centralize rescue efforts and find more homes for these wonderful dogs.

Please email me if you are interested in helping out or receiving more information, and I will respond right away. We desperately need foster homes, and are looking to have at least one household per State/Province which can serve as an emergency contact. I will be happy to send out an application to become a foster home (via email), to be followed by an information package which includes our rules for fostering and adoption. With your help, the partnership of GOTPAR and Pit Bull Community can make a big difference for individual dogs and the breed as a whole.

2. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Good luck Dan - I hope everything works out and you get plenty of responses. I would love to help but it's not a good time idea for me. My heart's there but not the time or capability right now too much on my plate. Just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope you find plenty of capable people to help!

3. Dano

Dano Big Dog

Hey thanks Jen , Rescue is hard work but it's worth it in the end!!! Also thanks for the comment on the one female.

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I already do pit rescue here in MS for the southern most counties.I get dogs and puppies in all the time from personal people,Emg clinics as well as some animal control,shelter workers and other clinics.Send me your info.It would be wonderful to have a network of people to help me out and be helped in return.

5. Dano

Dano Big Dog

Hey Whiskey,
    I will send you out all the info next week , just finishing up the last minute details ! Thanks

6. notaspy

notaspy Pup

Hello! I am new to this site, and I need some help. I am in the US Air Force, and I am currently stationed in Miami, FL; I am changing stations, however. Unfortunately my family cannot take our pit with us to our new duty station. I am desperately looking for a great home for our dog!! My wife has found a no-kill shelter for her, but we are devastated at the thought of leaving her with anything other than a loving family or pit community. Please we need some help in finding her a home. "Canela" (our dog) is 3 years old, female, spayed and current on her shots. She is great with kids and other dogs (we have both). If any one can help us my email is I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this, but like I said before, we are desparate. Thank you all in advance.

v/r,
    notaspy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2005
  7. hawk

hawk Big Dog

If you don't get a response here I would start another thread. Since people may just think you are responding to this one. Good Luck!!

8. hey, i realy want one of your pitts if you still have some. I'm in Ont too and want to get one before the ban!
    Email me k?

9. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

if the wife wouldn't lose it over dogs i would offer my home to those who need it but all i can do right now is wish you the best of luck

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I would be willing to help out in SC if you need it. Love animals and can foster some till new homes can be found. Guess it will be alright with hubby. Send info though and i can get back with you.

11. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Hello! I am new to this site, and I need some help. I am in the US Air Force, and I am currently stationed in Miami, FL; I am changing stations, however. Unfortunately my family cannot take our pit with us to our new duty station. I am desperately looking for a great home for our dog!! My wife has found a no-kill shelter for her, but we are devastated at the thought of leaving her with anything other than a loving family or pit community. Please we need some help in finding her a home. "Canela" (our dog) is 3 years old, female, spayed and current on her shots. She is great with kids and other dogs (we have both). If any one can help us my email is I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this, but like I said before, we are desparate. Thank you all in advance.

v/r,
    notaspy

Where are you going to and I may be able to help you too. When are you shipping out?
    You can email me if you like and we can talk further.

12. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

chinasmom ... look at the dates of the posts notaspy made ;) Military usually ships you out within a few months...

13. diva

diva CH Dog

I am willing to help in Alabama. Send me the information please.

14. allentx

allentx Pup

Dano,
    Hi new to the site. Im in N Texas I have 5 acre and have had pits my whole life good breed. I would be interested in you let me know what all to do .I have a few I rescued from friends a few more will just add to the family.
    Thanks
    Allentx

15. I need to know of a rescue in Georgia or in Ala. Please reply if you can help me.

16. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

What's up? I have lots of rescue contacts, I am a member of networking groups, consult people in shaky situations who own pitties and help with transports, but I don't foster. I have contacts with rescues all over, and breed specific rescues- what's your situation?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2006
  17. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I would love to help. I live in North Texas and I have one rescue now that I am considering keeping. I would love to do more to help this breed. let me know what I can do to help.

18. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

For networking purposes, my sister here in FL runs a pit bull rescue.

www.hapbtr.com

19. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

it's not Pits only but i Volunteer for LCLRR.org check it out its a bit different then the normal rescue we train rescue how to train dogs it new we just started it so it new we have free E-books as well