1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pit Bull for Protection?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by SupDogg, Jul 25, 2010.

1. LMAO, that is funny there

2. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

When your dog gets a bit older i highly doubt he will allow harm to come to what he sees as his pack (you and him) Most likely the pack of dogs your talking about will react differently any way once they see you with a strong dog.Still i once had a male dog that would allowed him self to get bit so there are no grantees. A pup was a OK choice but you could have found a nice PBT at the dog pounds or some kinda PBT rescue and had instant protection ,Cause now you still have to wait at least till 6 months till you have some thing that might help you . I have found yes a female dog is better against any sexed opponent dog . Most males still are not going to allow harm just the same. I think you should have gotten a PB dog from the pound and save his or her life, that dog would have been grateful beyond all your hopes.

3. rob32

rob32 Pup

i would just find a place to run that didnt have stray dogs chasing me. maybe take another route? seems to be the easiest way to solve your problem.

4. I live in a rural area and take my amstaff bike riding about twice a week since he was 6 months old (he´s now 9 1/2). Everytime time we go out we get harassed by at least 5 off leash dogs, usually more like 8 to 10. Some of them are strays while others just have irresponsible owners that simply leave their gates open and let them hang on the streets. Every single time we got charged at, the other dog(s) would stop and give up when they came withing 3 feet of us. And some of these dogs were 2 to 3 times the size of my little friend. SO I guess it depends on the type of mutts you run across... most will walk away after a lot of barking.
    In my case there´s no other route to take, unless I drive somewhere, which I ain´t about to do! Besides I would probably run across some dogs anyways...