1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

NY: Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan st gets shot in the head by police

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan street gets shot in the head by police

Cops were trying to roust drifter who had an apparent seizure prompting dog to jump at officers. Police say pooch survived and is being cared for at East Harlem shelter
    Comments (149)
    By Edgar Sandoval, Matthew Mcnulty And Sarah Armaghan / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, August 13, 2012, 9:37 PM

An unleashed pit bull survived being shot in the head by police at a busy Manhattan intersection Monday afternoon, cops and witnesses said.

The dog’s owner — described by his friends as a drifter who has the dog for protection — was in front of a KFC fast food restaurant at E. 14th St. and Second Ave. about 4:15 p.m. when he appeared to be having a seizure, witnesses said.

Three cops surrounded the man and tried to roust him, angering the dog, according to witnesses.

“Instead of calling the ambulance, they started kicking him,” said lower East Side resident Aida Feliciano.

“The homeless guy looked like he was having a seizure — the dog started acting defensive,” said Christian Pimentel, 21. “The dog started barking at the officer.”

Alejandro Cararubia, 28, who works at a nearby restaurant, saw the shooting.

“The dog barked and jumped at the cop. The cop shot him in self-defense,” Cararubia said.

Passersby on the block, including small children, began to cry at the sight of the bloodied animal, Pimentel said.

“The dog was just defending its owner and the cops shot it in the head,” said deli clerk Ines Pauling.

“Nobody wants to see a dog shot. The dog just screeched on the floor, blood oozing from his head. . . . It had his tongue out. It was sad,” said Pimentel.

A trail of the dog’s blood was seen from the sidewalk to the middle of the road where it limped before collapsing.

“If you kick the dog’s owner, the dog is obviously going to attack,” said Alan Crosby, 40, who saw the attack.

Police said the dog survived and was being cared for at an East Harlem shelter. The unidentified homeless man and the shooting officer were taken to Bellevue Hospital for minor injuries.

[​IMG]

Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan street gets shot in the head by police - NY Daily News

2. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Re: Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan st gets shot in the head by po

That's so sad :( WTF is wrong with these assholes shoot a dog because it barks and jumps at you because it's protecting it's owner which obviously needed to be protected in this situation fucking pigs!

3. old goat

old goat CH Dog

Re: Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan st gets shot in the head by po

i hate pigs for stuff like this . and i got good friends as cop that hunt with me . i tell them i hate cops because of the gang mantality . they said they know . you get 3 cops on you and you will get a ass kicking . why not help the guy and call for EMS . i bet the dog would of been good then . that 3 rd cop always got to kick you . i see it on the news all the time . and they don't do much to them for it if anything . if i went up to 1 of them while they were on the ground having a seizure and kicked them . i would go to jail .

4. sega

sega Big Dog

U gotta remember police don't give a danm they got a badge to break the law a friend to back them up n a stick to whoop yo ass, I try to avoid then all together

5. blanch

blanch Big Dog

I'm no fan of police either but they had to do something,it seems like they were just trying wake this crack head up before they potentially wasted an ambulances time (which could potentially cost someones life).

they don't know if that dog had rabies or any other disease an animal can pick up by living on the streets eating out of bins.

i'd of shot it if i thought there was a good chance it was going to bite me.

6. Re: Pit bull trying to protect his master on Manhattan st gets shot in the head by po

All in all i could not say wat i would of, could of, or should have done because i was not in that situation! B u t wat i do know is bullets hurt! And for Someone to be called outta his or her name by someone else (Blance) because of a medical need just shows u the type of people we most raise our children with in todays world! Its sad but if at any moment that officer feared for his life then the shooting was just if i!

7. sega

sega Big Dog

I've had cops come to our house over bs fist fights n telle if I can't shut the dog up hell shoot it, I don't respect police

8. jbpits91

jbpits91 Pup

thats rele messed up

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

coulda tasered the dog or hit it with the pepper spray before they had to resort to shooting it.
    had it been a poodle things would have went differently...guaranteed

10. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Sorry but I would of had done the same in his shoes. No dog is lose and barking at me period. We all know what any dog can do. Police officers aint paid to see whats going to happen. (that would be a short carrier)

11. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

Seems to me the doughnut eater had an itchy trigger finger, my nephew is a Sgt. with NYPD and he agree's it was a "bad shooting!

12. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

A barking dog doesn't = a biting dog so what the dog was barking that doesn't mean it was going to bite anyone. Unless the dog was posing a real threat which barking is not a threat there is no reason to shoot the dog. Hit the dog with pepper spray like Lee said but you don't need to fucking shoot the damn dog. Let's be real the dog appeared to be a pit bull in the officers eyes so it was a threat period and it was shot because of that.

13. RRL

RRL Top Dog

"Passersby on the block, including small children, began to cry at the sight of the bloodied animal, Pimentel said."

What about the guy possibly dying on the ground?It's a sad situation all around.I would say to the people who think these people don't need that change to live on to look at this poor man's death grip on that cup.

14. zohan

zohan Pup

a cop kicking anyone on the ground should be executed.

15. zohan

zohan Pup

shooting a gun...... in one of the busiest cities on the planet..... in front of kids <---just gonna leave that here

16. best2best

best2best Big Dog

Hay Shawn bell got shot 41 times and noone gave two shit now a dog get hit once and lives and now the shy is falling! shit the dog stills has his life can't say the same for Mr BELL!

17. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Tons of small kids are getting blown up in the streets in Syria everyday and nobody seems to mind.Let someone bomb a guenea pig farm and it would be a national crisis.

18. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Fuck that, its a dog not a human. The cop wasnt about to bend over and get his face chewed on. Believe me they radioed in an ambulance asap. a sgt in NYC? Didnt shoot, well he most likely would of sprayed all over lol. Cops dont stand a chance with civilians lol.

19. E-Dog

E-Dog Pup

Funny everybody worried about a damn dog, what about the poor man lying on the sidewalk !
    Where's his medical attention!
    Did the officers really kick him when he was possibly having a medical crisis, who's looking into that ?

View attachment 25626

20. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

They most likely got there asap, this whole shit it bullshit on how they report. I qarantee that shot was a minute after it happend. Negative bullshit for tree hugers to get there panties in a bunch.