1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Poop Eater......Yuck!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Liza111, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Does anyone else out there have a dog that eats poop?

I mean any poo, their own, poop that's any ware in the yard, poops & turns around & starts sniffing theirs.

Any idea's on how to Stop my dog from doing this?????

2. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Add crushed pineapple to the dogs feed, :)

3. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Really???
    What exactly does that do?
    Make the poop tast bad when it comes out? (Not that it would taste good Ever! LOL)

4. Chopper4me

Chopper4me Big Dog

Yuk! Cali did that, she'd walk around smiling with it all up in her teeth!

5. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Ahhh, ha, ha, ha, ha!:D

That's EXACTLY what Zoey does!

She'll come in from out side & I'll smell poo so I start checking her feet to see if she stepped in it, but of course there's nothing in her feet so I open her mouth & "O....there it is" like she was eating chocolate & it all got stuck in her teeth.

6. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

It makes the poop taste really bad to them apparently, I had one and tried everything, this was the only thing that worked. Haven't had any problems since.

7. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

THANKS! I will For sure try that but do U add it to the food every time U feed your dog? I feed mine twice a day.

8. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

My dog eats cat poop.

9. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Oh yeah I've heard of that before.........what's is wrong w/ these animals? U don't see humans going around eating other peoples Poo...........LOL!

10. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

My dog eats the cat poo too!!! MMmmm, cat box crunchies!! Ewww! I have to put the littler box under the sink in the bathroom to keep them out of it. the cats can open the cabinets the dogs can't. Try that 420Puffer it might just work for you to.

11. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

i just added a spoonful or two of crushed with every meal, worked like a charm!

12. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

My Chihuahua eats Kitty Krispies all the time, and he likes em fresh. I cant fit my litter box under the sink though, ya think you can give pineapple to cats? Mine will eat anything.

13. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

never mind what I just said.....................duh

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  14. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Cemoreno: I dont have any cats, its when i walk him. I know its cat poop cuz its from the same houses every time. So I kinda know not to walk by their house, but u know how cats are ... theyre everywhere like wild animals so its hard to avoid.

15. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

I'm For sure trying that!!!!
    I want to watch them next time she try's to eat it too, lol knowing her she'll still try to eat it.......................sick Ooooooo LOL

16. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

Well I think that the real question should be is WHY is my dog eating poop? Then and only then will we find a sure fire way to stop it from happening. I know there are some really knowlegable people here so here is the question.

Why do dogs eat poop?

17. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I hate people who let thier cats run around all over that's so stupid. Especially in a residential area. Plus the whole males spray the bushes. My dog won't touch my cats but any other nieghborhood cat is fair game and she's caught 2. (She didn't kill em' but she scared the tar out of em')