1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Popular Bloodline Descriptions??

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by bimbil, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

good post war and oldtimer. imo the only pure jeep dog is jeep. all offspring ar half jeep and half whoever the dam is. even if the dam is a jeep dog other dogs have influence in her meaning other dogs will have influence in the pups. this is why untested stock is so dangerous. if jeep is 3 or 4 gens back then the other dogs are the ones who make up most of ur dog. my question is if u have a untested sir and dam of great dogs what are the chances of the litter turning out? i know its not a certain percent but who wouldnt risk it?

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

dream being bred is earnd not inherited. great dogs don't always produce so anything even thought about should be looked at.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

true but im talkin about takin a chance in theory. think of you fav dog of all-times? would u take a chance on a pup if the sire was an untested dog off ur fav dog of all-times. im not in this situation or anything, it just something i was curious about haha

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

NO because that's a good way to fuck up a family avg. if midnight cowboy wasn't campaign i still wouldn't breed to him just because of how he was bred. he may not fit the family avg & i may be hurting the dogs in the long run.

5. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Pretty much yes, Everyone has what they consider to be the perfect yard. So once you figure out what you want you can try and mold the dogs into practically anything with enough genetic manipulation.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

That is some good advice Ben.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

true, good post

8. doubledog

doubledog Pup

I like a dog that can take an alligators bite all day. The rest should fall like dominoes.

9. nala2010

nala2010 Pup

so much info and a great read :)

10. preme

preme CH Dog

one thing all this lines have in common they ALL THROW CURS YOU CAN BET THAT JUST TEST AND CULL , YOULL FIND SOMETHING IF NOT START OVER LOL

11. have to admit tat i didnt read all the posts,so dont know where we stoped.

but here is my comment.lets say you have one litter,two dogs out of it are worth beeing matched.you match them both.one ends up as a deadgame,the other one quits after 20min.and this is happening all the time!in my opinion the selection is important,breed the dog not the pedigree.
    and yes we can say that bloodlines have thair traits if selected correctly,but this depands on the breeder,i personaly know people having 50 dogs,but only 3 beeing worth of giving a try,breed.somebody wrote he would buy dogs from people who he knows that they breed good.in my opinion thats the best.if you look at all of the dogs from one line you will see that they might have the same blood but beeing different.
    throu generations and generatins and outcross and so on you get dogs with other traits.

in my opinon we cant even talk about all these old bloodlines nowerdays,we can but historicaly,today we wont get such dogs anymore.

12. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Old Timer and Ben have the right conception. A worthy dog is not easy to come by. If they were then every swinging dude would have a yard full.
    First think bloodline, then think dogs being bred. Remember a good cross instead of a pure line can be beneficial. There are crosses and then there are battle crosses.
    A good mouth is important. Smarts and style are too. A barmstormer is fun as hell to watch perform with all the kick ass action, but if he can't stand up to time constraints, he can't finish.
    Patience is needed sometimes even more than a good dog, because nowdays folks want to start the dog wayyyy too early. I was told a good dog was made on the chain and not in the [] and I believe that. If he doesnt have "it" by the time he reaches the ring, he won't have it there either. JMHO of course.
    PS Nobody mentioned a good Carver/Eli cross????