1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Prices...what the hell...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bubba, May 25, 2004.

1. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Why is it, that everyone with 2 dogs thinks they can breed them and decide that the pups are worth 1000+???? And to top it off, they'll sell to any Tom Dick and Harry out there with the money. What happened to caring where the dogs go? Talked to a fella today, said he had some pups, selling them for 1K a piece, asked why the pups were worth that and its because his dogs will be open in the fall?? What the hell?? What happened to showing the dog and then deciding what its pups are worth. What happens in fall if the said dogs stop? Then you got a 1000 pup off a quitter...come on folks, lets be reasonable. Folks, ya gotta realize, you have just as good of a chance with a good breeder and a $3-400 pup as you do with a puppy and a 1000 price tag...
    This isnt' directed to anyone...just some food for thought...
    BB

2. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

I agree with ya BBK. Don't know what goes through some of these epoples minds!!

3. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

Crazy ain't it?! Last I heard Haymaker's pups were $1000 a piece and its $1000 just to stud to him. Even heard of some folks payin 10 grand on a dog...doesn't make any sense to me. :mad:

4. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I agree... some of these peaple must be pulling these prices out of their ass.... Especially the a** holes with dogs that are nothing more than over grown, "rare" blue curs.... It makes me sick!! All these dogs weighing 90+ pounds... that is not a pit bull anymore... I highly doubt that these dogs could hold their own in the box, let alone have the stamina to bring down a hog!! Catch weight or not, they are just a novelty... Something pretty to look at... Intimidate someone... But they could never live up to their breeds name... Its a true embarrasment.....
    And thats what I think about that......
    :cool: ​

5. BigTex

BigTex Pup

for a little pup....$1K off non titled parents is crazy, greedy, and STEWPID(lol).....but a grown dog ch, gr ch, ROM or a dog bred well that is producing well is virtually priceless....ch shooter is a $15,000 dog....but he IS a ch and is bred to produce ya know a dog you could base a yard on

6. gator

gator Big Dog

The reason this shit go`s on is because the idiot`s selling these dogs are finding the same kind of idiots to buy the dogs and on and on....

7. HCK

HCK Big Dog

Correction- you can only get a pure Redboy(Haymaker, etc.) male pup for a $1000. $1500 will get a female. I can see paying a little more than average for a well bred Redboy just simply because the percentages are so high, but $1500 is a little on the high side.

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL you pay 1000 or 1500 for a "well bred" Redboy dog, and at the end of the day all you have is a 1000 or 1500 pup, that may, or may not, quit just like a 300 pup...and as far as percentages...for 1500 I could buy 5 300 pups...and my chances are much better than your one pup...
    BB

9. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

If that ain't the DAMN TRUTH< BRO!!

10. 3BK

3BK Pup

Yup!!! Very well said bro!!! a pup is a pup! And a proven/tested dog is very much different!!! Ayt?

11. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

I stand corrected then..lol But any way you look at it, it is ridiculous. What if that pup don't turn out??? You just threw $1000 - $1500 out the damn window...A pup that is $300-$400 has just as much a chance as these high priced ones...

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2004
  12. BDK

BDK oo7

man bbk ppl ar einsane dont know bout you but i would give a dog away before selling it for a grand not knowing yet what the dog will be worth in the future

13. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

I understand both sides but I would rather buy a dog from someone here anyway, the prices are reasonable and references are a thread away. I have seen nothing but good dogmen here selling at damn reasonable prices.

People buy here before you buy else where!

14. HCK

HCK Big Dog

BBK, I never said to go out and buy a $1500 pup, but percentages cost a little more. Just think about the medications, feed, and the extra chainspace that you would need for 5 of those poor bred $300 pups. IMO...$700 should get you a well bred high percentage dog.

15. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL 300 poor bred dogs??? LOL
    The pups I have purchased from the man I get my blood from, cost me 300 a piece, and I definately don't feel that they are poor bred dogs, and I can damn sure tell ya, them "poor bred 300 pups" can perform to the job they need to do.
    BB

16. HCK

HCK Big Dog

BBk, I'm not knocking your line or anything but its hard to buy a registered pup out of the local newspaper for $300. I don't know maybe its just me, I don't go by the price of the dog, I just go by who the parents are and what type offspring they put out. Those have a tendency to cost a little more than 300 because they are in such high demand. Like I said I'm not knocking your line because I have no clue to what you even have.

17. BDK

BDK oo7

lmfao>>>>BBK is def right >i can go to /THE MAN/ and def get a extremely well bred dog for 300 i wont post no names but i do beleive youd all agree he has quality dogs what do you think BBk lol i will tell you you cant find them in the newspaper

18. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I would think long and hard before payng 1000-1500 for a pup..
    Now an older dog... i would pay that much....
    (If I had it!)

19. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

Hell, only a grand??!! Ill take two!!
    :rolleyes: ;) :p

20. HCK

HCK Big Dog

Boondock, how in the hell is everyone here gonna agree and they don't know who the hell or what the hell you are talking about?Maybe I just like stuff thats in high demand, but I would never pay $1500 for 1 pup.