1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Protective

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by HULK, Sep 24, 2010.

1. HULK

HULK Pup

As we know in general the APBT is a bad protection dog, but has any of you experienced a situation where your dog got very protective of you?

2. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

yesssssssss hahaha she my hulk:D:p:)

3. HULK

HULK Pup

lol. so what did you experience?

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i got one that is a littel over protective of me and moma.we got to hold him till friends come in then he ok,unless you startle moma its on.we had a friend of my son hear and he decided to scare moma from around the corner,lucky for him a was right there cauwse he was about to be bit by one hell of a hard bitter.out of 13 we got one,maybe 2 his younger brother is looking very protective of moma and house.

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I got one that will each someone up. Strangers beware!!! I kno its not the standard but i wouldnt have it any other way. Everyone knows not to mess with Eve, she holds the house down. Wouldnt want another one but its nice to have a dog that will hold you down even if you dont need it. She is all about me and would probably run through a wall if she heard me in an altercation. My BITCH!!!

6. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

dont mind a dog being protective of there space

7. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

my house dog doubles as a service dog for my wife, she sees seizures coming, she is very protective of her and my 4yr old daughter. she seems to know people's intentions. when she sees that the person is ok with us, she's good.

8. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

When I was a kid my dog would get in between me and strangers. My dad once wanted to see what his reaction would be if he acted like he was hurting me so he acted like he was beating me and the dog went ape shit. Had he been out of his kennel he would have intervened, no doubt. We were careful to make sure the dog knew all was well before we let him out. He loved my dad, never showed HA ever, but he and I were thick as thieves and I just think that in his mind, dad or not, no one was going to touch me in his presence. Best dog I ever had, bar none.

My current one keeps the American Eskimo Dog in check around little kids, it's funny to watch. If he gets all rambunctious she comes over and submits him. I don't think she would let anyone mess with the kids or my wife and when I tried to catch a snake when she was around she would jump in front of me and grab it before I could, so she certainly has a protect instinct. She's never shown any HA tendencies in her 14 years though.

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

My family had a pure Colby dog who would not let us kids get around a open flame grill. If we got too close, he would ease up behind us on his belly & gently nip us on the ankles as if to say "hey, get away there, I don't want you so close to that!"

Our Cody dog was also protective of us, but only toward animals. He was very chill & non-confrontational, but if a dog ran straight toward my husband or I, Cody seemed to perceive that as a threat. He would hit the offending dog like a runaway freight train & then kill it, even if he had gotten along with it previously. And you weren't going to get him off until he deceased the threat. But if it were a human, you were safe from him. You could probably beat us bloody & he would wag his tail & want pets. :rolleyes:

The only protective dog we have now is Tiger. He is a wonderful dog. He has his CGC, but if a stranger acts like they're going to hit me, he will go after them with an extreme prejudice. And that dog has a grip like a bear trap, so I feel sorry for anyone who tries him! I know this is not standard, but I leave it go since I live in a bad neighborhood. I know if anyone wants to act stupid, Tiger always has my back!

Other than that, my dogs won't even protect anything, to include their food bowls (the birds eat out of them!). lol. :lol:

Blessings ...

10. HULK

HULK Pup

thanks for sharing guys.

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

my first dog was down from reid lines and she wouldnt let anyone near my daughter ,
    if you put her (the dog) somewhere she would guard it ,and if i told her to get em she got em , around good people she was good n round kids she was great rip tara:)

12. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

My first pit Az would go nuts if she heard our son crying, nothing would calm her down until she knew he was ok. Jace is very wary of people walking towards me that I dont know, he will do a low growl and 2 little barks and once I tell him to stop, he watches them until they are gone. I think he knows when I am uncomfortable. He also barks when someone comes in the yard or near the car.

13. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

zoey is very well protective of me and I think the bond between her and I intensifies it big time. One time there were these teenage boys that wanted to fight one another while we were out on a walk one day, one of the boys was a little behind me and the two that wanted to fight him were a few feet ahead of us yelling over to the boy behind us. I started to tense up a little and I looked down at zoey and her body language was clear she was becoming very alert and focused on them. They started running towards us and she didn't hesitate to stand right in front of me acting up as if to tell them back off. As soon as she did began to bark at them they stopped running and did continue to head towards us but they began walking instead and steering off to the side as much as possible. She didn't take her eyes off them until they passed by us and the kid behind me quickly walked ahead of us as they passed us up. Who knew maybe they could have had a gun and we could have been in the middle of that mess but obviously zoey standing her ground was enough for them to back off.

Also one time I was going to give my friend a ride and he banged on my car window and zoey did not tolerate that haha. She seems to pay closer attention to strange looking men on walks and if we walk at night she doubles her alertness which I feel very safe with her I really do because zoey is my everything!!