1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy Peddling on this Site.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Scotsman, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

im not sure if ur refering to my topic but i used to term ''pit'' because i was sure it wasent full blooded so i didnt wanna call it a apbt

2. Bailey

Bailey Pup

How many people here really prove their dogs? We'll never know and how many don't prove their dogs, again we'll never know. Everybody who drops a litter adds to the overpopulation of the breed. How do we know if a dog shouldn't be bred? We don't unless it's according to what you say. IMO, having a kennel with good stock of dogs with good papers doesn't make you a breed advocate or such. You're still a BYB unless you break the law to know you have good stock.

Just my 2cents

3. Jake01

Jake01 Big Dog

Even if they do prove thier stock I doubt that anyone is that retarded to admit that on a public forum. I know I wouldn't.

4. simms

simms CH Dog

Refferences.

And one only adds to the over population of shit eaters when they peddle to the public.

14rock likes this.
  5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to simms again.

6. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Like I said before a website in the signature is cool show off what ya got is you want. But just looking at some of these websites with people breeding CKC registered dogs and people advertising their Bluffs as having dogs like Snooty, Ironhead, Bullyson, Zebo, Chinaman and other great dogs in their peds is wrong.
    If your dog got its Ace or Judges Choice, cool show it off, but listing breedings and stuff I think kinda goes against the rules.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

We cannot spend our limited time chasing peoples webpages down, and seeing what they are really into. We must go by what people do on this website, and thats about all we can do. If soemone is peddling mutts on here, it's gone, and they are trashed. For us to check every members homepage on a daily basis to make sure there are no litters/pups/dogs for sale is not feasible. Keep the shit on your own yard(site), and out of ours (so to speak).

8. Phebes

Phebes Guest

I find it upsetting that so many people on this site are having puppies. And they are all so proud of the new litter.......People they are not just killing badly bred APBTs at the shelters but well bred dogs also. Everyone can say as often as they like that they make sure their pups are going to a good home but there is no way to guarantee that. So a % of the pups you produce are going to end up in a bad situation.
    I am not even going to get into natural disasters, as happened to the dogs in New Orleans. My husband and I can crate, load up every animal we own and get out of Dodge if needed. What do you do if you have 12 animals tethered in the yard and no means to move them to safety?? What if those 12 dogs where the result of a one or few breedings and you kept the pups?
    Until the " pit bull" population in this country is once again manageable IMHO no one should be breeding them.

1 person likes this.
  9. simms

simms CH Dog

I wouldnt go that far.....

However I do beleive that one should use what they breed. If one is breeding more than they can use....well might be that thier culling system and breeding program should be evaluated. Simple concept

10. DAAAAMN!! Who let all the *idiots* in here?!! Were debating over weather its a pit, pitt, or pit bull?? If you breed pit bulls, your a puppy peddler?? I dont breed (I dont have anything worth breeding) but in my opinion, I think you should hafta pass a test to own a pit bull... Its a wonderfull breed, but they arent labs. peaple breeding for color/size and shit piss me off.... dont you think we have ENOUGH "big blue pit bulls" running around? and as far as the ghetto fabs go, they are RUINING the breed... fighting their dogs, and throwing them in the dumpster, etc. (Thats one of the main reason they want to ban them, pass BSLs, etc.) DOG FIGHTING WAS A GENTLEMANS SPORT!! Not a stupid street rat ghetto fab *edited* sport..... Jeeeeez Louise!!

**Derogatory names that you have included in your post are NOT allowed on this site!**

Pitbull219 likes this.
  11. And that exactly what all the people are thinking when they are passing laws about banning pit bulls. Its not the breeds fault. peaple are just stupid. dont breed what you cant feed, or give to someone you know/trust.... If they are not worth feeding, dont keep them. cull hard. lots of gangstas helped "over populate" this breed. Its not the real dog men/women.

o ya, and just how many animals do you own?? as far as crating them up and "getting out of dodge goes." I have 4 dogs, 3 cats.... not alot of animals... but what bout these peaple with 20 dogs on thir yard?? All Im sayin, is dont open your mouth till youve walked in their shoes. Its harder than you think sweet cheeks..... I had 13 dogs on the yard at one time.... the yard flooded... I had 13 fckin dogs in my basement.... pandamonium....

**Watch your choice of words. Derogatory names such as the one you used are NOT allowed on this site!***

Verderben likes this.
  12. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Hmm. I don't know. I don't agree with everyone to just up and stop breeding. If the serious, respectable breeders stop breeding then the real APBT breed will die out, and the next generation of APBT will be nothing but BYB dogs by people who refuse to stop breeding. It's like a see-saw. If Tom Garner stops creating dogs because he feels the APBT is over populated, it will only influence SoandSo kennels to breed more unworthy, unproven dogs. Of course I too now think that if you are breeding a pair of worthy dogs, then you are responsible for the litter and keeping them or having a respectable home for them. Breeding unworthy dogs is just like breeding anything else that's unworthy... goes for people, too lol.

But yea I don't agree with the whole cut out all breeding. I mean, nature has it's own culling process anyway. Dogs die, get run over, euthed, human culled, etc. Gives room for the worthy litter upcoming off of Ch. soandso ROM.

As far as puppy peddling on the site that's def. not cool. Usually if you have something worth breeding you shouldn't even have to advertise.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  14. short1

short1 Big Dog

15. Attila

Attila Guest

I think many should not breed dogs. Many need to learn why to breed and why not to.

And I agree, I wish people used the same standards to breed as some good dogmen. That would answer so many problems. Like welfare and the over abundnance of stupid people who burden the tax system. Also unemployment and the taxation that humans put on the resources of the earth. Time to do some culling. Another part of responsible breeding is culling the bad ones. People used to do it but now they have group homes and big institutions to further burdin tax payers.

16. Bailey

Bailey Pup

In my previous post I wasn't stating that no-one should be breeding due to overpopulation although many need to take that into consideration. What I was merely trying to get across is that anyone can say that their dogs are worth breeding and we may never know the truth. As far as the overdone bullys go, I just consider them another breed even though the media may not, so that's what I'm here for. To be apart of a online community that knows the difference in hopes we can all come together. Surely many of us know what an APBT is but how far do we go to educate others without being smart asses and telling people they gotta have tough skin?

17. Phebes

Phebes Guest

that was my point Baby Cakes......don't own more animals then you can care for in an emergency

18. Attila

Attila Guest

In some emergencies one is too many. Tornadoe's, hurricans, flash floods, death to you or a loved one, you can't control nature. You try to be as prepaired as givingly possible. In some cases a person can't take care of them self. Doesn't mean they are at fault. No one is prepaired for a disaster. Otherwise it wouldn't be one. It doesn't matter if you have no pets or a hundred if your house burns down or a tornado wipes you all off the map. No matter what your screwed.

19. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

They don't use the term "pit" because it's just an abreviation, they use the term because it sounds "cool".

And no I woulnd't know what they are talking about. If someone starts talking "pits" to me, I would automatically assume they are talking about some holes in the ground......not a dog.

And "pit" or "pit bull" do NOT imply "American Pit Bull Terrier". Both are extremely general terms that refer to the APBT, AST, SBT, BT, often the AB, any mix of these, & any generic dogs that portrays similar physical characteristics. If someone tellse me they have a "pit" or "pit bull" I immediately think that they don't have a freaking clue as to what kind of dog they really own.

20. Michele

Michele Guest

good post.....