1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy Peddling on this Site.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Scotsman, Feb 11, 2007.

1. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Wow, what a hypocrite. :rolleyes: So do you admit you have nothing worth breeding but still do it anyway?

Edit: Removed attachment, due to public E-mail being displayed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2007
  2. 440rider

440rider Guest

first i want to ask what ya'll consider a puppy peddler..... someone who breeds for $? Someone that advertises (even on their own site)? Someone who sells to the public? Someone with a litter out of unproven dogs?
    With proven dogs stated ...... is it really wise to list, announce, type in acronyms, symbols[], and jargon that is very easily encrypted by those looking to exterminate these animals. What is the point to list your kennels acheivements on the WWW for all to see and why is it of anyones business to what their achievement are in order to breed their dogs. Those want to be left alone and very private but yet air out all their activities. Not too smart!

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

CrazyK9, you beat me to it. ;)

4. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

Man you ladies are vicious, callin him out just like that huh?

5. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Yea, I made a mistake of advertising a litter. I was asked to so I said I'd help.
    At the time I did think the parents of these dogs were the best around, with the mother being an obedience trained dog and plus I use to own an older female sibling to these. I do regret making a flyer and advertising dogs. But at least we know where the owners are and can still see these dogs.
    But don't jump to conclusions I didn't create these pups. I helped find advertise them which is about as wrong, though.

edit: But did you really just dig through my photobucket to find a flyer I made for someone??

6. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

I just say pit bull, dunno if thats bad, but i never really thought about it..However i do know what you mean about saying "pit", it does sound a little ghetto!

7. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

By the way, since we are debating on the word 'pit', do you all disagree with usernames with the word 'pit' in it?

8. Michele

Michele Guest

that's a good question....

9. Attila

Attila Guest

Do folks mind that some of us call them Bull Dogs?

10. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Yeah, Lethalpits, I did ...and I also dug through your myspace sites and found that you plan to stud out Max and that you are selling and have sold dogs. What has Max done to be worthy of breeding and just how soon do you plan to start studding him out? Hes still a puppy. Who are you selling dogs to and do you even keep track of them once they leave? Are they being bred too?

I don't understand why people who are into American Bullies and show "pit bulls", and not gamebred APBTs, are even on this site. If they are learning, great, but to not show any change after being here for a long time... ? I just don't get it. :confused:

Pit is a dirty word in my book. I'll call a 90lb dog a pit or pit bull. I call real APBTs bulldogs, gamedogs, or by their full name.

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I haven't read all the replies yet. (Still on page 1.) But I can tell you that the issue with litter advertisements is something we've struggled with on another forum I mod. Its all well and good to say "don't sell puppies here," but when people are permitted to show off their new litters that aren't already spoken for, what stops somebody from PMing them about it? Then it gets into the issue of "Well, is it okay to show individual puppies, but not the whole litter?" or "If somebody posts pics of a friend's puppies, are they violating the rules?" I try not to work myself up about it anymore, because there are always going to be loopholes and ways around it.

12. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

I'm glad your working your hardest to pin something on me Crazy. Especially digging through my non updated myspaces and my photobucket. First,I would probably stud Max out in the *future* (your right, he is a pup, he's only 7 mnths.), but only to other show quality females that I see fit and have matching lines. It's not like I would have him open to anyone. I think game breeding and show dog breeding are two different angles(game qualities vs. confirmation qualities). And yes I have sold a dog. An elder sibling of those in the flyer. I don't think she will be bred because they don't own a male. And yes I do know where she is and see her from time to time. I also have one of my current females for sale because of various reasons. I haven't sold her yet because I haven't found someone I approve of, even though I've been called numerous times. It's hard to part with your dogs. I've only sold 1 dog in my time. I don't buy and sell dogs, or whatever your trying to pin on me.

As to your remark 'I don't see why people who are into American Bullies and show 'pitbulls' are even on this site..' Even though I have been pretty much turned away from bullies, I'm very much so still into show APBTs. I am also interested in game line APBTs, thats mainly why I'm still in this forum. One of my females is off Gr. Ch Buck bred dogs bred to Frisco/OFRN dogs.
    Max himself is a Destiny Pits/Colby's (Fiarris) sire to a Clemmons/Petersons/Holbeche's dam. I'm in the process of owning my first real game bred top and bottom male. Anyway I like seeing more people who are into the dogs you mentioned here because it shows they are interested in the real APBT.

Like I said, I'm glad you took the time to disect my life with pitbulls since I've joined the internet. I've sold 1 dog pitbull in my day, and have one for sale to an appropriate owner. That doesn't make me some peddler or money hungry owner or whatever your trying to make me out to be.

edit: and I don't want to start arguing again about how good or bad of a dog Max is. In certain people and myself's eyes he may be one of the best bulldogs to hit my yard, to you and others he is nothing more than a blue/seal dog.

1 person likes this.
  13. Michele

Michele Guest

wow....what about me CC?...i own a chihuahua? Should I be here?

14. Well we do not fight our dogs....we show and are planning to do treadmill and weight pull with a couple of them.........
    I guess we shouldn't be here either?

15. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

and what do you mean by 'why are people who are into this type of and dog that and type are even on this site'???? You said you can understand if they are here to LEARN, but if they haven't 'changed' after a period of time..'

So what?? In order to 'change' do you expect people to get rid of their current dogs and jump into game dogs to be on this board? Since I've learned that bullies are something different and game bred APBTs are something I highly favor now, I should go ahead and cull one of my females that I love who has bully lines in her just because I decided to change my ways?

1 person likes this.
  16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

EVERYONE who wants to be educated about the true APBT is welcome here. We do not discriminate just because that particular person doesn't own gamebred APBTs or the like. People have to learn somewhere.

What we don't allow is peddling to go on in the forum.

There is a huge difference.

17. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

The term "Pit" might be a pet peeve of yours and others, but I don't see why anyone would waist their energy on something so miniscule... I mean, it's just a nickname, and not meant to be anything offensive. American Pit Bull Terrier is a long name, what's so wrong with shortening it into just Pit Bull or Pit? It's just like Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier being referred to as a Wheaton because someone just doesn't want to take the extra breath to speak it, or the extra second to type it. Or just Poe, instead of Edgar Allen Poe.

It just seems like a tiny thing to get all stressed out over, but we all have our pet peeves... I guess. I just don't see what's so wrong with shortening the name to speed up conversation... but that's just me.

However, BYB's DO offend me. They are an insult.

18. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Some people are going to peddle pups regardless of what they learn or say. To even think about using a pup as a stud does not make any sense to me. It is destroying the breed, but some people do not realize the harm they are doing, or just do not care. Crazy just stay true to the breed and they will return the favor oneday.

19. diva

diva CH Dog

Just curious.....How many APBTs do you own?

To me, the words pit or pit bull doesn't mean a person doesn't know what they feed. To me it's just short for American Pit Bull Terrier. Just like some people say they have bulldogs, it doesn't mean the dogs are not APBTs.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Seems you missed the 'plan to' part. I wouldn't stud a pup.