1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy's yelps alert residents to fire.

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Whiskey Bay, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Tenant's Christmas gift saves 10

Bossier City,LA.- The yelps of a 5 week old pitbull puppy helped save six people from a burning house.

David O'neal was watching television in the Bossier City home Monday morning when he heard the puppy ,Rhonda,yelping from a room in the back of the house.

"At first I thought she was stuck or something,but when i went to the back the whole room was filled with smoke and fire," said O'neal,who received the puppy as a Christmas gift."I tried to get her out but it was too smoky,so I went across the street and called 911."

Firefighters arrived about 10:45 a.m. and found heavy flames and smoke billowing from the rear of the wood framed structure,said Mark Natale,city spokesman.The fire had spread into the attic.Everyone in the home had already escaped unharmed,but Rhonda had to be rescued by firefighters.

"The dog was yelping at the time,so firefighters got a pediatric oxygen mask and administered oxygen," Natale said."It turned out the dog will be just fine."

O'Neal,one of ten people who live in the home,said he attempted to go inside the house and get the puppy after he called emergency crews,but he couldn't see.

Natale warned of the danger of going back inside a burning house.

2. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Sure am glad the puppy made it. 10 people in one house?

3. Yung-One

Yung-One Big Dog

I almost felt a tear. I thought the pup wasn't going to make it. Glad it did. I gotta ask though, what the hell was the pup doing in the back of the house, alone?

4. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

And who gives away a 5 week old pup, that's too young IMO.

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

just be gald that someone in their heart felt the need to rescue an apbt pup. don't hear of too many men risking their lives for this breed.