1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pups at 5 weeks

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cdpits, Mar 9, 2008.

1. cdpits

cdpits Pup

Wow, look what happens when you go to sleep for a few hours LOL! I won't start by saying how long I've been involved with this breed I adore. So why do I want to health test? Do I think it is bettering the breed? Maybe it will help in the long run maybe not. I am still sitting on the fence on a lot of the health testing issues. I do know that over the years I have seen many gamebreds with health issues, bad hips, heart murmurs, thyroid etc. Do I think these things exsist in my dog I am testing? Nope, I don't. So why bother then? Personnal curiosity on where my dog sits in the scheme of all this testing. I want to know how they stack up. I will test Tessa and when the time comes to breed Calypso (pup we're keeping) I will test her too to see how she stacks up to her mother. Over the years I have heard all the arguments from both sides on why/why not test. If I want to do it, then its just something I will do because I want to know. Tessa's dam Hawke is going to be 11 this summer, last year she was still pulling competitavely in the Ace class. If I thought she had bad hips, or was limping or stiff I certainly would be doing that with her. She just loves to work so I let her, but I don't let her max out on weight, c'mon, she is a geriatric LOL! Should everyone health test? I am a believer in choice , just like I have been feeding raw food for over 20 years, when I used to go to shows back then and people wanted to know what kind of shampoos I used on my bulldogs and what I fed cause they looked so healthy, the looks I'd get when I told people my dogs hadn't had baths & I fed raw. OMG, you'll get parasites, they'll die from eating all those bones LOL! Look how far raw feeding has come :)

2. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Adorable! Congrats!...

I'll expect mine to arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. ;) JK. With a free harness, of course. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
  3. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

You're pups are GORGEOUS!!! I've always admired the few dogs you have and the work that you put in. One question, is this sire the same male that made Ch in a weekend?

Oh yeah, and when will you start taking orders for harnesses again:o

bahamutt99 likes this.
  4. GABulldog

GABulldog Big Dog

very nice pups...i dont see a problem with health testing, shows that the breeder has nothing to hide and is producing healthy, damn near perfect dogs. and i love how you feed them raw right out of nursing.

bahamutt99 likes this.
  5. ONE YOU HAVE SOME B-E-A-UTIFUL PUPS THERE!

TWO I MAY BE NEW TO THE BREED BUT IF YOU TAKE YOURSELVES TO THE DOCTOR FOR PREVENTITIVE MEDICINE OR CHECK UPS WHY IS IT ANY DIFFERENT FOR YOUR LOVING ANIMALS(WHO CANT SAY "MA IM NOT FEELIN SO GOOD")? NO MATTER THE BREED SOMETHING CAN ALWAYS HAPPEN. SO TO THOSE WHO DONT BELIEVE IN GETTING YOUR DOGS CHECKED FOR BAD HIPS TO HEART PROBLEMS TO A DAMN GUNKY EYE BLAME YOURSELF WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG...NOT YOUR ANIMAL...NOT YOUR VET...JUST YOU

sorry i guess everyones havin that kinda day.

---ones ignorance is self defeat---

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2008
    bahamutt99 likes this.
  6. cdpits

cdpits Pup

Thanks everybody for all your compliments, means a lot to me!

hehehe, all my pups come with a wp harness and a walking harness :)

Thanks! Like everyone else, I try to do the best with what I have. :)

No the sire was Stealhead's GD CH II Sliver, Natl's Ch of CH in 2006 and ADBA's # 2 ranked CH for 2007.You are thinking of Buckhide.
    I've been back taking orders since Jan. if you are still seeing the message from last year, you might need to refresh your page :)

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

We're saving up for our next round of harnesses. I've got, uh, about a quarter of what I need. LOL!

8. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Thanks for the correction on the sire. I hit refresh and see that the message is gone:o I will be placing an order with you in the next month or so. Thanks!

9. i think the pups are beautiful and i am DEFINITELY ordering a harness! ive been looking for a quality walking harness! i would place my order now but i dont want to go outside to measure buddha

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

bahamutt, Always jumping in and abusing your moderator status as the modertroll as much as possible, you never fail. Funny how you mention it was a discussion between two, so you get on everyone else for throwing opinions out and you add yours, making your bitcherating lack merit. Playing a hypocrite and troll on one thread, impressive!

Why havent I ever heard of any OFA type health issues within the breed from ANYONE I know with ANY dogs, not one dog ever? Why? Maybe keeping the standards true keeps the breed in line, everything stays true with these dogs when selective breeding standards are kept, a proven fact.

11. Marty

Marty Guest

Look... were going to get off this kick of bashing mods on here, if these members want to check their dogs for OFA type health issues, who in the hell are you to dispute it... a little advise for you, if you don't have something good to say (keep you damn mouth shut)!

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I moved this thread because I thought the fighting was just ridiculous. (Trust me, I implicate myself by saying that, too.) But upon further reflection, that's not fair to CDpits. Hopefully the discussion can continue in a more civil vein. I'll behave myself and not opine quite so forcefully on these matters if everybody else will, too. :)

13. cdpits

cdpits Pup

Thanks for putting it back. No reason people can't be civil about why they agree or disagree about things, too bad some just have to go on about it the wrong way.

14. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

They are precious