1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Quality food for cheap

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Sabrina, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

nope, but i only had one dog at the time.

2. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

I'm glad for you man. I had a buddy lose 2 of his 5. They didn't give him nothing for it either- not even an apology. He didn't pay but maybe a couple hundred bucks a piece for them, but they were a part of his family. He was ready to kill somebody.

3. man i would say alot of ppl dont kno that ever since diamond has sold out to be companies they have changed all there ingrediants to make it cheap and it is really shitty food now ask any good feed store...... the best dog food i have found is hi-tek naturals and it has no by product and actually really cheap and all dogs love it i have two pits one i paid 5000 for and one 700 both show quality and i wouldnt feed any diff

4. diamond is shit all together anymore and it is sad to here he lost his dogs i wouldnt sell mine for 20000 for nothing in world wow

5. MR.OBVIOUS

MR.OBVIOUS Banned

Diamond give some of my dogs the shits, but others it's great. the lamb & rice no wheat no corn no soy stuff works well though.

6. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Diamond naturals does right by my dogs and my wallet. Many people use it and their dogs look better than the mutts I got. And the fuck if I care what their shit feels like.

Hey joelitrell do you work for hi tek? What's up with all the hate? What kinda mutt u pay 5 G's for?? Sounds like u own a bully. :D

7. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I feed Diamond Naturals but im wanting to switch to a RAW diet.
    Can anybody help me find info on a proper raw diet ?

8. JRoCc

JRoCc Pup

9. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

thanks .....

10. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

when i first converted to raw it worked out to about 40 cents a pound...today with food prices it is slightly higher...maybe 60-75 cents a pound for what i feed...mine is not the premium of raw diets but it is very close and i have found it to be worthwhile...i have fed just about all the low to middle end dry feeds over the years...between the bulldogs, the rabbit dogs and the coon hounds i use to feed 60-plus dogs...those are days long gone by....so i can attest to the benefits of the raw diets...raw is better and cheaper...but a heckuva whole lot more time consuming....but this is what i do..
    1 leg quarter (walmart/sams or wherever is cheap)
    2 soft boiled eggs
    1 heaping spoon of lard (twice used oil from a fish fry/turkey fry)
    1 heaping spoon of yogurt
    1-2 heaping spoons of greens (collards/turnips)
    1 cup brown rice (boiled/cooled and boiled again)
    1/2 daily multivitamin (about every other day)...
    this is per dog...some days i do not do the mix and feed straight chicken backs/chicken necks....some days i make the mix and use dry food as a filler...moreson in the winter months when i get home and feed in the dark....what you will see is less feed per dog...less shit per dog....better assimilation of what you feed...and less water intake....the dog will come down closer to a natural weight....will find the dog at a better starting point for conditioning....
    like i said it is not the perfect raw diet with all the ordered/shipped foods that cost $$$$...about the most expensive thing i buy is raw tripe....it stinks like all get out but the dogs love it and it will cut the raking in half...superb for assimilation of whatever is being fed....US1

11. It cracks me up that people have the nerve to talk bad on diamond when they will stop at MC Donalds for their kids to eat dinner and that crap is straight posion. Hands down kirklands/diamond naturals is the best dry kibble for the money. Put out bad food? Numerous companies had the same problem. I can vouch for the diamond being the best bang for your buck hands down there is nothing better on the market. Yeah RAW diet is better but it isn't that easy as a little chop here and there, if you have the time yeah it is the best and about the same as most cheap kibble. This is a debate but have no worries that diamond will NOT kill your dogs, they also try to support american suppliers, it is made in america on top of it, owned by americans. Made in the midwest, most of it.

12. MCS

MCS CH Dog

That is the best part if you ask me.

13. Same here it is way to funny that these people now days in America, especially APBT owners would support anything else but American companies. Kind of like me, I live near a Army fort and see these army guys driving toyotas, hondas, and nissans but then you are a American solider but you want me to support you as a troop but you don't support American companies. I am game to the core for America soliders and getting them the tools they need and bigger paychecks they deserve but situations like this I just don't understand. I question my younger generations of people and how they support their country, economically.

14. Been feeding diamond naturals for a yr and a half and like it for my dogs...no corn, soy wheat or by products. I cant find the hi-teck naturals though...still made by diamonds:dogdrink:

15. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i tried diamond for awhile but it was a little high and most of my dogs could shit thru screen wire on it...for whatever reason....had a friend who lost a couple when the bad food was released...it hurt their reputation a ton....i work in the pharmaceutical industry and customer confidence is a direct link to $$$$$....not knocking on the diamond but it did not work for me...for whatever reason...got a buddy that has fed it for years, got 40-50 dogs and swears by it....so what work for one may not work for the other....to each his own....US1

16. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

Ive been rotating Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice and Exclusive Chicken and Rice for close to two years and havnt had a single problem on either of them. Ive also fed the Daimond Natural Large breed Puppy and have had great results. I also use the Extreme Athlete when im working a dog or trying to fatten one up.

17. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

I've red dat. and I never realize until now dat raw diet can make a change in ur dogs health. tnx. I hope more articles to come regarding raw diets. God Bless

18. elibred

elibred Big Dog

victor is good for the price if you can get it in your area. thats what i went to from totw