1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question for yall?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by popper, Jul 21, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

How many of yall that live in the city walk your dogs out in public? Just about 4 weeks ago wheni was walking my 2 dogs there was 2 loose pit dogs running loose . The first black male ran up to my female and he turned around took ooff the other way. The second female ran up to mine and they got into it. Luckily the owner was in his truck down the street and saw our dogs going at it , so we broke em up in about 30 seconds , know bad damge was done except for the one dog had her ear ripped up and mine had a couple teeth marks on her leg. See i live in the city and I GOT to walk my dogs out in public . What do yall do to take percautions if any? I just dont wanna try to avoid dog confrontations at all cost , but i gotta walk my dogs. Then after the scuffle was over , my dog kept smelling the area where they got into it and the idiot guy puts the black male in the back bed of his truck while he is looking over his female dog. Pretty much after that happened a bit parnoid . All the nighbors and crap saw it all, pretty nerve racking to say the least. I have to say getting confronted by strays really ticks me the hell off. gets me parnoid and blood boiling. Really seeing fools walk ther dogs with no leashes. guesim just ranting now

2. Kuntry

Kuntry Big Dog

You got 1017 posts on here and are asking something like this.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

walk em at night, if the strays are such an issue, bring a ratchett wit ya or a knife, if strays start trippin, you start pokin lol

4. popper

popper CH Dog

im not worried about getting attacked or my dogs getting hurt , its more along the lines of the person walking ther dog with no leash and it runs up to mine and mine kills or seriously wounds the other. then i gotta deal with cops and allkinds of crap ...... more of a preventitnve measure, like pepper spray

5. popper

popper CH Dog

someone told me something about some stick or something i should caryy... can you tell me what it is exactly?

6. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

Mace......

7. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Most people will say you should invest some $$$ in a mill

8. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

walk em till you've wipped them all, If there loose not much you can do. I never changed my walk times because of loose dogs. And I to live in the city, and I play by the rule (leash)

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

You could always try walking at night as LWG suggested or you could get your hands on a good quality break stick, learning how to properly use it, and remembering to carry it on you. Aside from that possibly carry a collapsible baton, or other concealed weapon just in case you do happen to run into a dog that is serious about pushing the issue. An owner will usually come running when they see their "loved" pet getting his ass kicked in the middle of the street by a person. I have first hand experience with that.

10. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Walk mine early morning, strays not bad at all here, but I still carry a knife the bums are sketchy as shit. And if my people freindly dog don't get em 4" of steel will if they run up on me.;):rolleyes:

11. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

most places have leash laws, so if youre leashed youre the victim and yer dog is just protecting you, you wont be in trouble

12. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

Walk them where no one else would walk them.
    Walk them at night, or get a mill if you can't walk them safely.
    Honestly I could never walk 2 of my dogs together

13. BravoTx

BravoTx Pup

That dumbass owner should have his dogs taken away. Who the hell lets his pits run loose in the public?As for walking your dogs in public, just be careful, stay away from areas other dogs frequent and carry a stick.

14. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

wow stupid ppl just keep ur dog on a leash thats all u need to do..

15. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

Breakstick, baton, bear mase, etc

16. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

ya a stick , a real BIG FUCKING STICK ! the bigger the better to beat off wild animals ;)

17. Keep an eye out for loose dogs. There's a lot of loose pits around here. I usually just stomp my foot at them and growl "get outta here". At that point they usually take off. If a dog does run up on me and my dogs, they get kicked in the throat. I wish I had a nickel for every little dog I've punted across the street.

Always carry a break stick.

18. well i understand what you are talking about.i live in the city also and i have to walk my dogs in public.surprisingly there are alot of people who wants their dogs to play with mine.even though i only have one female i'm going to breed i have another b&w female named patch.patch is 100% colby just incase some are curious.patch doesn't care too much for dogs.she will get along with dogs smaller than her but if they are her same height and not raised with her she doesnt.she goes at it.
    but back on topic
    alot of people don't listen to me when i tell them no my dog doesnt want a playdate with yours or my dog doesnt really care to much for your dog.what do they do??they take their dogs off the leash and let them play meanwhile i'm backing away and pulling patch back.they try to say a smart comment such as thats why you shouldnt have a dog aggressive dog.when my dog isnt all the way dog aggressive she just likes to play with smaller dogs.
    this is what i do now.i carry some pepper spray and i carry a long stick as someone has already suggested.therefore when the stick doesnt work the pepper spray will!

19. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

I live in the city aswell, walk my dog on a daily basis, four out of the 7 days, i always encounter loose dogs, most are small and i can shoo them away , sometimes there are mastiffs and pitbulls loose, them i worry about, on my walks i never leave without my break stick and an extra leash , just incase some dog does not have one and i have to restrain it. Using a long stick or baton on a pitbull fighting will only excite it more, you will end up killing the dog , the break stick idea is the best advice.

20. fblb

fblb Top Dog

You are a child...you don't have an APBT. You do not understand what anyone is talking about.....What did your female do to be worth breeding? Nice make up scenario, lol. If you carried a stick, and used it....well it would work. Nice try kid.