1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question on old history?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bobm, Mar 7, 2015.

1. bobm

bobm Pup

About 30 some years ago I witnessed for me what was a game changing event. It was the last match of a convention between bitches, Beasley using Carver's Blackout, against Chic's bitch. Mid day, 100 degrees, Chic's bitch flying like falcon across to win. Anybody remember whether it was Annabelle or Dutchess (sisters). She was the standard for years I set my bar for. Silly that I can't remember which one it was, I can see her in my mind as plain as if it was yesterday.

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Bob, I believe it was Duchess. She also beat RB's Ch Bronca., if memory serves me correctly. Jick had some tremendous dogs, and he and Margaret were tremendous people.

3. bobm

bobm Pup

thank you. Gary and Jick (not Chic lol) were a team to be admired and Mr B was a fine man and class act every time I saw him.

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Nice read, how was Duchess and Beasleys bitch bred???

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Blackout was a mostly Carver bred bitch. Duchess was off Bud's Tembo, who I mentioned in the underrated thread, and out of Yeubanks' Hodo. She was Decordova's Bat and Ribbon bred. If I remember right, Blackout was a 2x winner at the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
  6. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Thanks, nothing beats a good ped to go with a good storey...