1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question regarding tight breeding.

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by pennsooner, Mar 25, 2006.

1. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Hi all. I have a question I'd like to throw out. This is for the sake of curiosity, I don't ever intend to breed. Too many other people doing it who know more than I ever will, so I'll leave it to them.

But my question is this, I understand that when a line of dogs is line bred tightly they can have problems, even with a clean gene pool. Like becoming too fine boned and less robust.

Is that myth? And if it is true, are there any lines that hold up better to tight breeding over a period of time? In otherwords lines that don't need an outcross as quickly as some might.

Thanks for any answers.