1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

quick question

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BOTP Kennels, Oct 9, 2014.

1. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

my bitch got loose and bit up pretty bad...she has a infection and is on antibiotics. im suppose to be breeding her in the next week..can this do any harm to the pups or is it ok to still do the breeding?

2. Stop to meds one week after the breeding is done. . But if she's showing no signs of infection stop the meds and keep her clean.. if she's that jammed up is she worth breeding

3. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

lol yea she got busy with 2 bigger than her..one a male..shes a good dog

4. vellie

vellie Big Dog

one thing I learned doing theses hounds.time is the key patience will bring you the best results.for healthy pups the mom must be in the best health she can be in.

5. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

yea wait to breed her because once she is healed it wont put stress on her or the pups its better to be on the safe side

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Yea, says the "breeding expert". ^^

7. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

you know im getting very tired of u I never said I was an expert I said ik how to breed dogs wich I have done ur annoying sorry if im being disrespectful but im getting annoyed

8. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

No worries, I've been annoyed. lol

9. MCM_VIII

MCM_VIII Pup

My question is if we have to ask these type of questions in the first place are we really ready to start breeding dogs?

Not being a smart ass but just something that popped into my head, There is more to having a yard than knowing how to read a pedigree and sticking two dogs together.

10. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I would wait until her next heat. Better safe then sorry. You should want her as heathy as can be. Jm2c

11. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

no they not ready this is whats wrong with our breed and a lot of this shit is going on now a days