1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Racist Dog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BishopBullyZ13, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

okay ppl...I Have one particluar dog, 8 month old colby, WHo just flips out when shes sees black ppl, Been trying to work on this, bringing one of my buddys over and slowly trying to get her out of it.But she aint budge-n-, Anybody in here know anything about temperment? Maybe there is no helping it?:(..anybody got this problem?.....She's Fine with mexicans, just not tha black folk......:)

2. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

lol........I have never heard of this. I know, sometimes, people in hats can set off 2 of my dogs, but nothing ever with race.

Is it black people or just black men/women/kids? What does the dog do when it 'flips out'?

Andrew

3. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

You are probably gonna have to have the dog around more than your friend, but be careful an d keep a tight grip on him

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

yup, it happens. often called "white dogs". for reasons unknown (lots of theories though) some dogs dont like people of color. my grandparents had a working GSD that was a "white dog"

my advice- expose her easy, and slowly. as with any training-dont force her/overload her.
    if that doesnt work then just keep her away from the brothers

5. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

IMO, it's usually when dogs aren't socialized with people of different races...I've met dogs that didn't like white people. It just depends on what they are exposed to as a pup. That's why socializing with everything and everyone is so important when they're young if you want a social dog that loves all people.

6. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

Men, Women, Even Kids:(,Black Folk just moved in next door aswell....so thats why ive been trying to get this under control....And when i said flip out, i mean she'll start barking then flare her teeth and growl....didnt know the dog had this in her till the buddy came over first time.....Was the nicest dog, wouldnt hurt a fly....well...flys are black so ....maybe so...guess im just gonna keep on the slow roll and keep trying...patience is virtue.

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

My dog hates the pizza man...:p

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Oddly enough we had this same discusson on another forum I don't think your dog is racist dogs don't have the capability to be racist they are not people they are aniamls. I have an older male who will bark at darker skin people and my kids are half black so he was raised around black people and he will still bark at darker skin peeps. I have heard that some dogs are colorblind they somtimes see darker colors as a shadow and react accordingly. But I would hardly call a canine racist by any means.

9. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

haha i didnt mean nuthin by...just joking around.....thought it would get sum1 attention......I dont think dogs can b racist......just didnt have them socialize with the brotha man when she waz young.....But my other dogs dont have a problem with it....just hoping it doesnt wear off on them.......thats why im trying to get it undercontrol...... a stitch in time....saves nine

10. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

theres a movie about it, i have it, re-seen it last month but i forgot the movies title

11. Virgil dogs

Virgil dogs Big Dog

I had a dog that was rasist,hated black folks with a passion.The funny part was I got him from a well know black dogman!His name was P.B. short for people bitter.I allways loved that dog for his abillity's and one day my buddy D.B. called me up and said ''you can have that dog if you take him off the chain yourself''.I said you bet I'll be right up.I stopped by my vets office and told him I wanted enough trank's to kill a 50#dog and proceeded to tell him what was up(my vet was the coolest).A friend and I drove up,partied that night and the next morning his wife made us a nice breakfast of link sausage and eggs.I took a sausage hollowed it a little and put 2 pills in it and snuck it to PB.Oh I forgot to mention at the time PB hated white folk equally,so he was trying to pack my lunch also.After a bit I went out to check on him and out of the box he charges.Now PB weighed about 40#otc and I had given 1 pill to a 75#pw dog and it knocked him goofy in about 15 min's.I gave PB another pill and waited another 1/2 an hour.I went back outside and he comes charging out of the coup.I waited another hour an with no change.So I gave him my last pill waited 1/2 hour come out and hes sitting in his box with his head leanning up against the door growling at me.Now PB wasent a fear bitter he was a straght up killer.My buddys been giving me the buisness all day talkin"I thought you was a dogman""shit go get em'.I told him mamma didnt raise no fools and I wasnt takein that dog.So he grabed the leash and unhooked PB,took him out into the street (now were in the getto big time).Up and down the street there come a cry ''PB's LOOSE,RUN THE PEOPLE BITTER!!No shit the folks went nuts and it would have been alot funnyer but he was being put in our car!I told my buddy to leave the leash on him and sticking out of the crete.It was dark out by now and we drove home in a big time blizzard.My buddy kept saying "what are we going to do when we get him to your house?"Ya see my dog yard was about 300 yards from the driveway.I said "I have a plan".When we got to my house I took the crete out and told my buddy stand in front,PB went nuts as he had a nice 3 1/2hour nap.I opened the crete and out he charges at my buddy,I had the leash and we walked all the back without him ever turning around!He walked by the coup and I snapped a chain on him.In a matter of days I was sitting on his box scratching his belly.He became one of the friendlyest dogs in the yard,unless they were black.Till his dying day he hated black folk's?

12. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

wow!! that's something else. I haven't personally had this problem, however, one of mine hates drunks.she ismy dad's best buddy, until he turns up a beer, then she goes ballistic! something about alcohol she hates. Her littermate sister,however,will sneak over and try snatching a beer from someone. she's an alcoholic herself. lol.

13. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Are the neighbors afraid of your dogs? Your dog might be reacting to their fear of them also. Your body emits a chemical that dogs can smell when you are afraid of them.
    I also worked at a kennel before where a Bichon Frise came to board and her owners taught her to be racist. There was only one black gal who worked there at the time but that dog would go nuts trying to get at her.
    As someone else said, socialization is key. Just don't rush it and do it in a manner so you don't endanger your dogs welfare. You could try getting the neighbor to give her chicken treats or something she loves if you can get him that close.

Also, is it just this one black guy and his family that she doesn't like? Dogs are real good judges of character. Not saying they aren't good people, but maybe your dog can read something you can't.

I socialize my dogs with all people. In a controlled setting, on a leash.

14. mikem

mikem Pup

my dogs too , freak out

15. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

The name is the movie is White Dog. It has Paul Winfield in it. The dog in the movie is a white GSD that has been trained by the KKK I believe, this woman gets the dog somehow and Paul Winfields's character tries to rehab the dog. Its a good movie...

I had a Doberman that didn't like Asian people and a GSD that didn't like Hispanics. I was very concerned thinking I had raised a racist dog lol but I figured it out. I think because of things they eat and other factors races smell different then others. A dogs sense of smell is SO much more senstive then ours that something in these peoples smell is causing the dog to react...not the persons race, per se.

16. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

i got a dog that's like that, and another one that don't like excuse my language, but he don't like yankees, a yankee can come in my yard and he flips out... also dogs are a good judge of character if that dog acts nice to some people that's strange to him, and hates another watch that person, because to me if my dog don't trust em, i dont' trust em

17. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

^ this is the funniest thing i have read in a LONG time!
    and you got it wrong- you are supposed to LIKE the "yankees"...and HATE the "damn yankees" :D

18. masta of game

masta of game Banned

are there any white dogs that are racist to black dogs hahahaha

19. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I feel you as a former yankee/city girl now living in Ga my dogs don't like southern hillbilies lmfao:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  20. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I hate the damn yankee's, but then again I am from Boston :D