1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raising a bulldog in a Christian envirornment

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by purplepig, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Here's one for you. Looking through history, would you say that bulldogs raised in God fearing families turned out to be better than the ones raised in neopaganism/athiestic/Satanic envirornments?

Of Course the ones rasied in Satanic envirornments always faced the alter of sacrafice, what about the others? What about those raised under the roof of Crowleyism?(who promoted beastiality).

I am serious. I dont want no guess work, just first hand experience.

For me, I rasie mine in a Christian envirornment, and I have always had exceptional dogs.

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

neva thought about it that way

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

My family has a varied religious background. My father and I are Atheists, my mother is Catholic, my cousin practices Satanism, I have an aunt who is a Scientologist, etc.

I failed to see how one's religion of choice will affect their dogs. Last I checked, bulldogs generally weren't a part of the Sunday morning sermon.

Perhaps (Well, most likely ;)) I'm missing some underlying sarcasm, but I fail to see how this is relevant.

1 person likes this.
  4. shonkhate

shonkhate Pup

I am an American Indian and Christianity was forced on us at first but many natives eventualy took the newer religions. Me I was born and raised in the Catholic Church, but when I chose to follow my traditional roots none of my dogs has had any changes. I've always had dogs and none have been afercted by what I belive.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, real Christianaity is not a Sunday morning thing. The correlation is, that I have noticed a difference in children being raised in different envirornments. I will have to say this, that most people in church on Sunday, are not real Christians according to the bible, so lets throw that definition out. Ok?

6. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

It was a joke. I realize what Christianity is, and what it means.

We raised our dogs like dogs. Not Christians, Muslims, Jews, Satanists, etc. Just dogs. And they turned out to be some damn fine dogs if I do say so myself.

I'm an Atheist and lack any real spiritual beliefs. I strive to be what I consider a good person, nothing else.

-Michelle

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I hear ya, but...if a person raised their dog in a Satanic invirornment, that dog could end up on the table of sacrifice at any moment. So there would be a big difference there. And if a person were into the whold Nature animal worship thing(which is where I believe that AR originated from, check it out) then you would have dogs that thought they were master over the people who actually owned them.
    So, there will be differences I believe, how bout you?

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I would suggest that the people owning the dogs having a stable, wholesome lifestyle is the key to rasing a dog that does well, regardless of how they arrive at a wholesome, stable, lawabiding lifestyle.

I think its a tad bit unfair and "loaded" to lump every belief system other than the one YOU subscribe to in a group, when in many cases they might have drastic differences. Also, Atheism, Satanism, and Neo-paganism are hardly the only belief systems outside of Christianity. In fact, there are some drastic differences within Christianity that might be interesting to look into. I know the Amish are "Christians" of a sort, yet they tend to treat animals pretty darn badly. Some of the worse puppy mills in the country are run by the Amish.

I would think Satanist do a pretty bad job simply because its a......... bad system. If you believe in Satan, you believe in 3-0 God, if thats the case, why choose to follow evil? Sort of screwd up, IMO.

On the whole, and sorry to say something this strong, but it sounds like a leading, baiting question.

GSDbulldog likes this.
  9. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

if a person raised their dog in a Satanic invirornment, that dog could end up on the table of sacrifice at any moment.

Well, depends. Are you going by what you know of teeny-bopper religious cults, or true Satanism?

For if you go by real Satanism, one of their "Golden Rules", so to speak (I don't know the official term) states that children and animals are not to be harmed (i.e., sacrificed). They are considered "pure". I'm the wrong person to be telling you this, it's been years since I read LaVey's book and to be honest, I don't care much for him.

Anyway, other than that, yes I see where you are coming from. . . In a twisted sort of way. Like pennsooner said, this seemed to be a sort of baiting question.

10. Suki

Suki Guest

IMO, being raised and raising an animal(s), since this is the subject, in a loving environment is what's revelant. The underlying "message" if you will, in all religions, imo, is to love one another. Be that man or animal.
    you get what you give, no matter what religion you are
    ...just my 2 pennies worth...:)

11. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Took the words outta my mouth. These dogs wouldnt know any kind of religion if it bit them in the ass. I've seen animals raised in all different types homes with different religious beliefs, and religion has nothing to do with it. You could worship God or Satan and still treat your dogs well.

GSDbulldog likes this.
  12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Suppose you'd have to look at the word religion. In this case I was using it refering to lifestyle. Therefor, the religion,or lifestyle, it is raised in has a direct bearing as to how the dog is treated. And you may need to go back and reread Anton's book again, and his predecessors as well, as the use of sacrifice was and is used in ritual. And I would not call the father of modern culture a teeny bopper(Crowley) considering he was deemed the other Lockness Monster.And many animals,babies, and humans have been sacred(sacrificed)through them. Maybe I'll not post on this again as it has turned into anything but dog related.

13. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I see what you're saying and where you are going with this. I just feel it is irrelevant to the topic of dogs.

14. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Ok, I thought about this a little, and I see where the religion plays into the lifestyle. Because different religious beliefs have different lifestyles and "standards". But you may have 10,000 people who have the same belief but live different lifestyles, right? So instead of saying, "Raising a bulldog in a Christian environment", say "Raising a bulldog in..." I dont know, I know what I want to say, but cant figure a good way to word it.

15. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

This is one hell of a thought provoking Question. I myself am cathlic. My opinion on this is, you will always have a greater chance of sucsess with god's blessing. keep him in youre thoughts and make desisons from youre heart and in time you will be sucsessfull in anything you do.

16. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

My opinion on this is, you will always have a greater chance of sucsess with god's blessing. keep him in youre thoughts and make desisons from youre heart and in time you will be sucsessfull in anything you do.

I agree with that.

17. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

I disagree with this statement by D'dizzle and Big Game.
    I feel that this world is not necessarily just. Being good often does not pay off and there is no compensation for misfortune.
    I also believe that we must live with the ambiguity of partial freedom, partial power and partial knowledge
    Which statements are Not a condemnation of Christianity.
    I also feel that there are other religions besides Chritianity that produce ethical lifestyles...often, it seems to me, that institutionalized Christianity is very hypocritical in practice.
    None of which has doodly squat to do with dogs or the proper care of them.

1 person likes this.
  18. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Give me a break....Raising a bulldog for what it is INTENDED for is against all "God's" standards. If you are using your bulldogs for what they are intended for then you can not claim to be a TRUE man of God. If you are actually doing something with them....you are going to hell....if you beleive in that B.S. Does god think its ok to cull??? I doubt it, because its harming one of his creatures. Taking any life is against God. IMO every time you hunt your dog, you are placing him on the sacrificial altar. It is up to him to decide if he wants to stay or go...NOT GOD.

F'ing religious wackos. THE BIBLE IS A FICTIONAL BOOK, it is/was used to CONTROL man by fear. Ever hear of brainwashing???? QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!!

One more thing. How come when an athlete wins a sporting event he thanks God?? You never hear a looser saying " God made me loose".

YFIS

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  19. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, you come to my house and I'll show you just how fictional it is. Open invitation!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  20. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

LOL...... Yeah, I'm a BIG FAGGOT. Doesnt god love all his children regardless???

I refuse to fall into your trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.