1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

rash??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Aceman, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

A few days ago we noticed a slight reddish color rash in the crevis of my 5 1/2 month old pups rear leg. When we checked it today there is still some reddish rash but he has two small sores there now. I,m not sure what it is caused from , I do know that the last few evenings we have gone on very long walks and noticed the other night he kept trying to stop. I,m wondering if it had been maybe chaffing there & hurting him? Anyone have any ideas, and i,m also wondering what I can put on it for now,,polysporin maybe??Until I get him to the vet if need be,, Thanks .

2. B

B CH Dog

Do they look like little popped pimples? There is a possibility of a staph infection. If you can, take a picture or describe with more detail.

Regards,

B

3. asaj

asaj Big Dog

If I spend a day on the beach, and Molly flying around on the stones, she gets all kinds of scrapes, especially on her paws. I like to put :
    1 drop lavender oil
    1 drop tea tree oil
    10 drops olive oil ( or any food grade oil)
    Mix and apply.
    The lavender will help the healing and the tea tree will kill any bacteria. Dont apply with out mixing it with olive oil, it will be to strong.

1 person likes this.
  4. Attila

Attila Guest

Lavender also smells good. Olive oil is used as a carrier base for many remidies. it also is good to control dander when used in conjuntion with the tea tree oil mix in with a mild shampoo (oatmeal). Good stuff Asa I am going to have to get down your way some time.

5. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

trying to attach a pic to my post but the file is too large...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,lol.

6. B

B CH Dog

You can email it to me if you would like. The button is right below my post. I can resize it and post if you want. I should be able to tell right away what it is.

Regards,

B

7. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

Had my pup to the vet. He was diagnosed with a staph infection (thanks B, you were right). He has been put on antibiotics. The only thing is he was schedueled to be neutered this morning and the vet thinks its best to hold of for a few weeks now being as his skin infection is on his belly and is worried he might open stiches while trying to scratch. So I guess my pup is happy on that one,,lmao. Thanks again, this forum is better than any handbook you could buy on this breed, I,m glad it is here!!!!!

8. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

With a staph infection will it go away and come back, or does it continue to worsen.
    I take my girl into the woods and the creek often but I have to bathe her after or she gets little red bumps on her belly and groin and the inside of her legs aswell as under her collar. But if I bathe her when I get home the bumps usually don't develop. I bathe her with a tee tree and aloe shampoo then a lavender soap bar after that. She smells so pretty afterwards :)
    Does anyone have pics of a staph infection?

9. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

One of my dogs (Bentley) had a staph infection not too long ago. No, it will not go away by itself, it will get worse. (well at least in my case it did). Not only did he have a staph infection, he also had ringworm. I used a shampoo called Malaseb which my vet gave me and Cephalexin(antibiotic). I had to bathe him once a week for 2 weeks, then every other week for 1 month. The shampoo worked great. I could see a major improvemt after the first bath. He had it bad. He lost fur all over the place, rashes in his armpits, ringworm on his sheath. It was awful. A staph infection is something that needs IMMEDIATE attention.

10. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

Hers comes and goes, I think its something like a grass allergy, as it only really happens when I've had her int he woods. The water in the creek back there isn't the cleanest either, but all is usually fine so long as I bathe her when I get home.

11. Jasper

Jasper Pup

Yea it's a staph infection this is my boy Jasper's 2nd summer and this year it got really bad. He was put no Cephalexin and Prednisone and to be bathed twice a week until gone. It will appear once it starts to get warmer out and when fall/cooler weather comes around it goes away(at least with my boy). One thing is it's not passed from gen. to gen. so you don't have to worry about pups getting it, but it can happen. This occurs is mostly short haired dogs only and like mentioned above it needs immediate attention. Good luck.

Jose