1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

raw feeding percentages and schedule

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by sleepybuddah, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Christy

Christy Big Dog

I do RAW during show season...

Chicken, beef neck bones, Salmon and beef or chicken organ meat but never pork....I also do a carb mixture of brown rice cooked in chicken broth, sweet potatoes, blue berries, greenbeans and peas.

I like to keep Nikki at 34lbs during show season. She gets 1lb of RAW meat a day and 1/2 cup of carb mixture along with a multivitamin. If she is putting on weight I cut the carb mixture to 1/4 cup or just feed that a few times a week. During the winter months I feed kibble 3 days a week and Raw the others. I never allow her to get over 40lbs just too hard to take it back off her.....

2. benson

benson Pup

why never pork

3. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Pork in itself is as harmless to dogs as chicken, beef or any other meat. However, there is a slight risk of your dog being infected with trichinosis by eating pork.

4. benson

benson Pup

thank you for your advice