1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw Green Tripe 50 lbs

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by CAPSULECORP, Jan 5, 2011.

1. ROSE

ROSE Banned

The tripe is a supplement to your dogs diet,it all depends on how much you feed.you can feed a lb. a day with his feed and it should last at least a month and a half.

2. heavyhemi

heavyhemi Pup

i have always thought about a raw diet but finances are tight and he is healthy with kibble

3. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

raw is actually cheaper than most kibbles....and the tripe can be very efficiently used....a couple of teaspoons a day can work wonders...the best thing about the tripe is that it will help assimilate whatever diet it is fed with....it is a great supplement...US1

4. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Tripe can be used as a supplement but it is actually an all round food.

5. pmj

pmj Pup

very true it is but that website that was posted is super expensive!!!

6. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Couldn`t see anything saying it but if that tripe is organic then it is very cheap.

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I noticed Walmart started selling tripe months ago for pretty cheap. They have both kinds, the white scalded and the green.

8. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

i had no idea about wallmart selling green tripe. ill have to check it out. thanks for the heads up!!

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i have only looked at those types of websites because they are way expensive...and as soon as you say organic the price goes up...if it is organic for pets then it goes up even more....i feed a basic raw diet that works very well and is very inexpensive and not-so time consuming....i can't afford to feed from those sites...US1

10. POST

POST Pup

$102.72 for a 50lb box of green tripe is a great price. I pay $16.99 for a 5lb chub of green tripe alone...so if I buy 6 of those I'm already paying the same price they're charging for 50lbs and only getting 30lbs. 1 thing I did notice is their green tripe it isn't green...while it doesn't necessarily have to be green it should be brownish or with a green tint due to the grass or hay the animal ate just before slaughtering, theirs looks like ground up meat more than anything (maybe that's why it's so cheap in comparison to what I'm used to seeing). The tripe I get is green, looks like ground up grass and flesh and stinks like elephant shit! That's the good stuff...the more it stinks and the greener it is the better...just don't get it on your hands!

You can slice off 1/2 inch slices and give your 1 dog a slice per day and that 50lbs should last you a very long time.

The tripe you see in the grocery stores honeycomb and omasum tripe are pretty much useless and have been cleaned and bleached of all the good stuff you would be benefiting from feeding green tripe to your hound.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  11. vgallo6

vgallo6 Pup

What about that canned green tripe? like solid gold green cow or Tripet?

12. POST

POST Pup

I've never used either so I can't say...

13. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

i went to wall mart. all they had was white tripe