1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw Meat?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Liza111, May 30, 2006.

1. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Is it ok to feed dogs Raw meat ?

2. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

3. LONGHORNS

LONGHORNS Big Dog

It's the best for your dog

4. Red_Chrome

Red_Chrome Big Dog

that's the only thing mine gets. They are fed a RAW diet. Works ownders for bine and muscle development as well as condition of coat.

5. asaj

asaj Big Dog

The best they can get, I never feed them anything else. Yes, some vegetables and supplements.

6. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

THANKS Everyone!

Right now Both of my Pits get (Timber Wolf Organics) has anyone heard of it?

It's supposed to be Really good & ALL Natural but if gives them HORRIBLE Gas! lol

7. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I think Timberwolf is the best kibble around. However, raw is better if done right. I have an old dog with heart disease and he is doing better since we started feeding one meal a day of raw. And, he LOVES it, and lot more than even timberwolf.

8. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

So what exactly do you feed your dog?

Boneless chicken breast?
    Pork Chops?
    Beef?
    Fish?

How many times do U feed your dog, twice a day?

How much per portion?

Thanks,
    Liza

9. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

What kind of meats do U feed your dog?

10. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I give my dogs whole chickens(there already dead,,I don't make them chase them around) sometimes baked chickens,,and raw hamburger

11. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

THanks!
    WOW, whole chickens.........what about the bones? Don't chicken bones splinter?

12. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

yeah,,but they crunch em up,,I wouldn't give steak bones or porkchop bones,,I will buy the chicken parts in a bag and throw them to them,,,or whole chickens from the KFC they get all excited

13. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

LOL, ok thanks!

14. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

IMO I wouldnt give pork products to MY dogs. I wont feed raw hamburger either. I know more than a few people's dogs that got sick off raw hamburger.

I buy a few pounds of thighs boil them up, then cook my rice,oatmeal and greens in the chicken water. Let the chicken cool just a little and it will fall right off the bone.

I dont feed raw chicken or meat. Unless the dog has grown up on a diet like that, it might not adjust to it very well. Like I said before, I know a few people who had sick dogs (various breeds including apbt's) because they fed raw(organic/Amish) beef or hamburger.

15. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

16. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

The chicken has to be raw to avoid the splintering damage!!!!!!!!

17. Red_Chrome

Red_Chrome Big Dog

I give mine chicken breast,necks and legs. Beef-Steaks(any variety) no bones and some of the fat. Lamb-it's all ground up. Pork-Bacon,hocks and ham. They also get green tripe. If you can stand the smell it's awesome food. They do get some fish but just little tiny pieces off the bone and cooked. Elk-bones and hamburger. Venison-bones and hamburger. I grind a lot of mine up to make it easier to store and feed. Along with the meat they get Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, peas and a beet every once in a while. They get fed 1x a day and a kibble feeding every other day. I weigh it out on a scale. I weigh their empty bowls, write it down and then I fill their bowls up and weigh it. I feed about a 1 1/2lbs. to my girl and my boy(wolf-hybrid on a diet) gets a 1lb. down from 2 lbs. He's getting older and starting to pack on the weight. Mine also get some beef heart, liver(beef and chicken). tripe. They get 2 supplements. Probios and Missing Link Gold. As well as some bonemeal every other day.

Wanted to add- almost all of my food is ground up before I feed it. Easier to contain and store. I only buy from one butcher who makes sure the stuff is good. I won't buy from anyone else. The green tripe I have shipped in.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  18. Liza111

Liza111 Big Dog

Thanks SO Much, that helps A LOT!

19. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Beef, Lamb, and Chicken. We feed some Chicken parts whole and Stockey has no problems with them, he even seems to really enjoy crunching them up. We add veggi and kelp glop (mixed in a blender) Add an egg. We feed fish too, but not raw, no pork raw either.

20. Bremner53

Bremner53 Pup

I buy some pre made Raw food, just for convience. It has ground up chicken with the bone, some veggies, offal, eggs with shell, all ground together, and frozen. I usually feed one of those patties in the morning. At night I will feed pretty much anything. Whole Mackeral, and Sardines. Chicken, beef, I haven't tried lamb yet. Basically any thing on sale is what my dogs get :D