1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Raw Treats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by MIKA, May 3, 2007.

1. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

Hello folks, I need ya'lls advice on raw treats I can get in the meat department at the grocery store. I was wondering what ya'll thought about chicken livers, beef livers, gizzards & hearts, etc. Any advice is greatly apreciated.

2. dogged

dogged Big Dog

Are you using them to add to their food or as training type treats?

Lots of folks I know will get livers, hearts and gizzards as training treats and bake them. I haven't ever done that so I don't know how dogs would fair on it. I know too much raw liver (and other organs) will cause dogs to have loose stool because it is very rich. Been there, done that :D My dogs love organs, though.

3. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

I want a training treat. I wont mix in with the feed. Thanks

4. Ella

Ella Pup

I don't use "raw" training treats, just can't imagine putting a raw chicken liver in my pockets.:eek:

For homemade trainingtreats, I cook some chickenlivers with garlic salt and rinse them afterwards and chop them into smaller pieces. I do the same thing with chickenbreastmeat. Cook and chop into pieces. Works great.

5. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

LOL thanks, I was gonna put the livers in a plastic bag first lmao. Thank you for your advice, I will try it.

6. Ella

Ella Pup

Oh forgot to say: you can do the same thing with chicken hearts and stomachs.

I always cook a lot of them and put them in the freezer, the evening before I need them I take them out. I hate that smell when cooking those things :D

7. CRG

CRG Top Dog

8. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

No problem,don't forget freezer bags to put the left overs in.