1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Olde Tyme Carpetmills New Life

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Primitive Supply, Dec 28, 2012.

1. [video=youtube;yX3r4GVrMIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3r4GVrMIM[/video]

@slim12

Too sag or not too sag: I say a slight sag works good for me. too much tension and it retards the free flow of the carpet. I like it to slip just a touch.

I been building and conditioning match bred dogs since 1974. I've met all of the great dog men and matched into them also. Leo, Maurice, Floyd, Gaboon Trahan, Drew Farve, Jerry Clemons, Bert Sorrells, just to name a few.

2. Steeldog

Steeldog Big Dog

Cool video. How long do they get to run on the carpet mills?

3. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Good stuff also How hard is it to build that turntable ?

4. This is my video about 5 months ago.....Primitive Supply

5. Never exceed 55 min on the carpetmill. The turntable is 30 min before, and 30min after. Of course that is just the work part. I won't mention all the other things that need to be done in order to bring a dog in right.

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I want to try and build a turn table. Does anyone have a blue print or any other help that I can use to build one. Thanks

7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

[video=youtube;nq7h6nQmKoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7h6nQmKoM[/video]

I hit mine in the middle also. Like I said, not banjo string tight nor sagging off the bottom, just tight enough to keep it rolling smooth off the other end. US1

8. slim12

And, I do not have that type of resume. Just started in these dogs a few weeks ago. Still learning. Nice mill you have there. S

9. I bought one from you over 18 years ago! The best mill I have ever owned!! It has worked countless winners. It is defiantly an edge to have on your side!! Keep up the good work. Are you still selling them?

10. Hey Chain Weight, I have wondered how you have been doing. Good too hear from you and that the carpetmill you bought from me 18 years ago is still working well. I am still using the same mill that I built for myself some 30 years ago. I have changed the carpet on it several times, but the frame and the bearings are just like new. I have used that mill on many matches and have never been outshaped. I am still selling the same carpetmill. Thaks for the message. Primitive Supply

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

that thing looks like hell lol

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

not the mill but the turntable lol

13. [video=youtube;dwDofVNwjcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDofVNwjcE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    @Laced Wit Game: The TurnTable that looks like hell lol

14. Hobo83

Hobo83 Pup

I have a Grand Carpet Mill, the belt is sagging just a touch it runs sweet, I use a drop of kerosene on the board to help it run. I only give the dogs a small amount of time on it for power work for sprints and long running I use the slat mill. I've only ever seen a turn table used once and noticed how hard it is for the dog to slow the momentum down from a hard sprint compared to a slat mill. A friend of mine is in the process of building one so it'll be interesting to see how it works for him. Here's a vid of my dog on my mill.

[video=youtube;F4SvXPLZRIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4SvXPLZRIU[/video]

15. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Guess LWG was right. not only does it look like hell it works like hell too. Unnatural as all get out...watch that dogs movement.

16. [video=youtube;U69zLH1vImQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U69zLH1vImQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

it works well for me and my dogs P.S

17. slim12

I think it works rather nicely. The entire idea of the equipment is to keep the dog moving continuously. The first video looked like the dog was not use to the table and was not maintaining his own stride. Just like a green dog on mill will push to one side as he tries to make it go. The last video that dog seemed to be more in control of his stride. We had one long ago that worked similar but it had a bar that extended out to be used as a jenny as well. Can get a good work out if used properly.US1

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yeah ill say that the second dog did make it look a little better....its just if you look at the movement of the dog as it runs...its akward...........and the surface still slightly wobbles.....with that, what is it doing that the jenny or slat isnt??

19. @the.peon: I would be honored too see your training equipment, i.e. carpetmills, slatmills, turntable, flying jennys? Please show us your dogs working your equipment.By the way I have a nice flying jenny, I don't use it very often, and a slatmill, that I only use occasionally. I prefer my carpet mills for the endurance they provide, and the turntable for the warmup and cooldown.... peon: Thanks for you words of support