1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

REAL HISTORY OF A LVING LEGEND (reprint)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ELIAS'PISTOLA, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cik

cik Big Dog

Cajun I see your starting with the insults , probably as that's all your good for, why don't you take your damn rose coloured glasses off and try opening your damn eyes for once, we all know we cant control how others breed their dogs, and al that stuff , but if your going to just call me delusional for my opinion on billy and then call me a dumbass ,at least have some damn argument to prove I am one or both of those things, or is it that you know its probalby true but hate to admit it to yourself and want to hate on me for no other reason other than im the messenger , how sad that would be .

2. cik

cik Big Dog

hi c note, well stealing is stealing but that's another matter the fact is that you either accept how bily is bred or you don't , and if you odnt think amyfield bred other good dogs after eli you rreally don't have much knowledge of the game other than what the peddlers want you to know, but for your info when he got crybaby back she died before he could breed her again, and if Mayfield or anyone else who tries to tell you that a dog is bred wrong and trys to help you is slinging mud , then what would you prefer to have the truth kept quiet ?, like the peddlers want so they can keep up their bs , well I would rather there were more dons who would tell the truth about these dogs instead of keeping quiet and letting the lairs and cheats get away with it .

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I called you a dumbass because I haven't ever said that you couldn't have some form of validity to your theory. All you have is two DOB's and the words of someone that didn't speak about it until 25+ years after the fact. Why didn't Earl Tudor or Howard Heinzl speak on it, was it because Mayfield didn't say a peep about it until after they were dead??? Just like you have your personal opinion on the point I have mine and what stands out to me is the fact tht it took 20+ years before anything was said and that to me leads me to believe that it was just sour grapes, all that could have been cleared up of that question would have been raised while ET and HH were alive, it's really fishy to me.....

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lmfao but he kept quiet for dam near 30 years so I doubt truth was the reason behind him starting those rumors lol

5. cik

cik Big Dog

cajun please stop with the OH WHY DID DONT WAIT 30 YRS TO TELL IT IF IT WASNT SOUR GRAPES, WELL OK LET SAY ITS SOUR GRAPES just ot keep you happy ok AND NOT WANTING To PUT THE RECORD STRIAGHT AFTER DON HAD SEEN FLOYDS INTERVIEW IN THE TIMES WHERE FLOYD BAD MOUTHED DON ,BUT YOU FORGOT THAT PART RIGHT? DOES IT MAKE THE TRUTH ANY LESS ? WHAT I HAVE WITH MY DOBS AND KNOWN HISTORY OF WHEN DIBO WAS FIRST BRED ETC AS FAR AS WE ALL KNOW IS A DAMN SIGHT MORE THAN WHAT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BELIEVE FLOYD HAS APART FORM HIS WORD, SO IF ANYONE IS TAKING A MANS WORD OVER FACTS IT THE I BELEIVE FLOYD CAMP NOT ME AND THE I BELEIVE MAYFIELD CAMP ,SO IF IM A DUMBAS WITH MY FACTS WHAT ARE YOU WITH NONE ?

6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I believe in the dogs I see. Eli, Dibo and em was around when my parents were kids. That was 60 yrs ago. Don't mean shit now. The dogs bred down from them count. If he did steal them he did better than who he stole em from! It didn't slow Mr B down when he lost a dog or they were stolen. Mr M on the other hand takes credit for every good dog around. Let it go. If Eli was stolen, so. He got stolen, right? Karma. Regardless, Mr B bred better dogs than Mr M. I would take a mayfield bred dog if the dogs behind him were good. It's the stories I don't need. Are the dogs good? Yes/No? Not real hard. Dogs bred down from Eli yes, MOST down from Mayfield, not so much... I'm sure there are some that still work. They ain't makin waves tho. Maybe ripples or a splash or 2, not waves. Eli and those down from him made waves. I'm no history buff, can't hang with you guys there. I know what I've read and what I've seen. I like the Black Stuff as i call it. If I had seen any good Mayfield dogs I might like them too. Haven't seen any at all. The stories just get old. Get new dogs make new stories. I'm done

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

So wait your take is that for 30 years he was quiet then he spoke up after someone bad mouthed him, I would say that if his feelings were hurt by that he would have really been hurt more by the stealing of a litter...

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

So someone who wanted to "expose the truth" waited 30 years....

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I am not pointing any fingers, but to be here putting info(good or bad) about a well respected,legend in the dogs we all respect, and question something that happened before most of us were born, seems a bit goofy. As they say hindsight is always 20/20. It makes no difference to me but I would tend to stear the other direction on this story, as the men being talked about have already established themselves as such and their intent was never not concidered. There has been enough info and folks opinions who were around, to "change my take". You are free to believe as you will, but when nobody wants to hear it, its because they believe the honest and know honest mistakes are possible, but stealing dogs and the type put their own shoes on.

10. cik

cik Big Dog

Cajun why bother to post if your never saying anything never giving answers only deflecting , always going around it .

11. cik

cik Big Dog

mcoy I get the impression you have no interest in the truth, it shouldn't matter if its was 100yrs ago or today, it happens to be an interesting subject and when you consider the fame the eli line via billy made , I would think that if you could look at info and see that it doesnt seem like floyd was being honest about it and be able to know that it should be wlecomed as usefull knowledge , so is it that becasue floyd is a legend that he is immune from any investigation ? are we really saying something as goofy as that? all i can say is that it amazes me how little it seems to interest so called fanciers of the breed, who also seem to think that becasue it was 50 yrs ago, it somehow doesnt mean anything today, which is a sign of what passes for understanding today .Why is that no one can even attempt to defend billys ped ,but they dont they deflect by hating on don or the messenger , but in the end it doesnt change the truth , it will be the same today as it will be tommorow and it was 50 yrs ago , you know what if you guys have such little interest in your own dogs heritage and the heritage of a famous line of dogs such as eli , then its no wonder why this stuff goes on and every one truns a blind eye .

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I've stated earlier in the post my take on things, I'm just not gonna bang the drum continually like you. What type of dogs are you running now CIK??

13. cik

cik Big Dog

Cajun I must have missed your take on things ,it must have been hidden between the lines in your post, can you please be clear as to what exactly is your take on things regarding billy thank you.

14. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Delusional is a misunderstood answer, this dude is plain staightjacket spit sleeve CIK...
    CIK add your dates and facts to back up your statementsand present it in a better fassion with respect for your elders...
    Other than that, AGKs first simple staement explains it all...
    Who wants to read pages and pages of hearsay with no facts, yoius hould be banned from posting for messing up threads and adding zero besides taking up server space and our time... They should erase all the comments and save the room for thought out well spoken respectful comments that hold substance...
    CIK WE ALL AGREE LOOK PAST THE PEDIGREE AND MOVE ON OR ADD SOMETHING... DO NOT INTERRUPT... INTERACT!!!
    This read has more to offer than pedigrees and if you forgot all you thought you knew and come up with new opinons, THAT ARE YOURS!!!

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

elias if you wanne talk about wasting server space ...look to yourself a bit to ....
    when you get a qeustion about what you post ..you don't answer....

16. cik

cik Big Dog

Elias im not sure how I am disrespecting Floyd by the way I posted my original belief based on the known dobs and story of dibo and his breeding years,unlike you and some others on here who insult me just for daring to say what may imo may be the truth about a famous dog from the past is disrespectfull is ridiculous and tells me that you are not an open minded person and just want to keep your rose coloured view of certain dogmen intact as that seems more important than the truth .As for me wasting space on this thread, well I have put out my idea theory belief call it what you will to ask the question to others that do they believe billy was from dibo, and maybe you should take your own advice, and if you have no answer to my question , then why just post abuse at me and try to get be banned like a frightened person who doesn't want to face the possibility that Floyd lied , I would have thought more of you than that elias ,but I now see you are like many others , only interested in keeping illusions alive no matter what the cost. AS for interacting , its me who has tried to do just that , hoping by some miracle that if I and others who have looked at the billy story have seen discrepancies , that maybe others can to, so its not me you should be telling to interact and not interrupt, its you and some others on here, who have yet to put a better case for billy being out of dibo than mine for him not being out of dibo, all you and others have done is post abuse to me and zero counter argument , which to me shows you know deep down there isn't one to be made but you don't have the guts to face it .

17. cik

cik Big Dog

Key your right , theres an old saying you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink, for that the horse needs to be thirsty enough , and a man also needs to be thirsty ,but in this case for some truth, and some men are so afraid of the truth they prefer to die from that thirst for what it might make them have to accept was true all along and they just don't have that much courage in them and prefer to take the cowards way out .

18. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

cik, As it's already been said in tnis tread
    What difference does it make today ? If you were to go visit Floyed in person. And he told you the Gospel on His line of bulldogs , What would it really change ? Absolutly Nothing. It seems to me that your looking for a member here to change history on
    What really took place back then ? Enjoy the bulldogs that you have instead.

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

you right dex ...and this is talked before ...nothing wil change ..no dog no gene
    .but it is mayfields eli family

20. cik

cik Big Dog

Hi corvette , firstly let me make it clear if it wasn't already, but this story about billy or another famous dog or dogman ,be it from the distant past or right now in the present , is not about changing anything as such , its just about having a conversation just like we do about many subjects to do with these dogs, and if we cant find something like a dubious pedigree on a famous dog or dogs worth talking about to understand a little better if we can, then why do any of us come onto a forum such as this at all.

I would say however that you are wrong to assume that topics about long dead dogs whos pedigrees might not be true are a waste of time today, i would agree with you a little more about that if it was a dog where there really wasn't any extra clues to give us a better idea as to whether a dog is bred as papered such as redboy,but with blind billy, theres far more info which allows all of us to take a better look at him and maybe decide for ourselves that he may or may not be bred as papered ,and if a man has a yard bred around what he believes to be floyds eli line it should be of great interest to know that and give them a better understanding of the true breeding of their dogs heritage , which to anyman breeding dogs or any animal should be of importance them ,even 50 yrs later infact ,and even if a mans yard was not bred around an eli line, if he has any interest in breeding it should be of interest to him regardless , all knowledge gives us more understanding period, so i think to say it doesn't matter today is not correct actually , because if you knew today that your dogs weren't bred at their original source as your pedigrees show you their bred, then you have that knowledge to use which can only be of benefit it to you and a good thing , if on the other hand folks aren't interested in this or any other discussion that's fine , everyone is free to do as they please, but I must say it still amazes me how many folks who come on forums and have interest in a wide variety of dog related topics , can be so disinterested in the one thing we all should have a big interest in, and that's the breeding and history of these dogs ,especially ones that are important ones in our breeds history ,and if in the case of billy if he is infact not bred as papered ,then it means having to look elsewhere to find the true source of the eli line ,which i would assume anyone who says he is interested in the breed would want to know , to at least give themselves a better idea of which dog or line was the more likely original source of li and floyds line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.