1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Red strain

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by reids skipper, Feb 8, 2024.

1. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

2. david63

david63 CH Dog

oldguy, stedz and reids skipper like this.
  3. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Thanks … he was inbred on the red strain dog dillinger

stedz, oldguy and david63 like this.
  4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Very like Ralo's Shankly , who has him way back in his ped

david63, stedz and oldguy like this.
  5. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Bet he turned a few heads walking down the street in his day.. Nice dog!

david63, stedz and reids skipper like this.
  6. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Yeah he was a looker for sure mate .. he was really well bred too (imo ) down from working stock with the likes of dillinger , red joe , mitzi , rebel etc all close up … he also bred some canny little staffs when i bred him to a bitch from jeff s breedings .

david63, stedz and oldguy like this.
  7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Good looking dog.

S

reids skipper likes this.
  8. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Jeff, Geordie Lad, Sprayman, Yarrakin Lad and a few others.. Proper Staff fanciers in the north east, heard they produced some good ones.

david63 and reids skipper like this.
  9. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Did they all keep the old staffs mate ? Never knew that

10. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I once got to look through an archive of photographs that Sprayman keeps stashed in his shed, I expected to see lots of Bulldogs that he owned over the decades, but near every photo was Staffords that he once owned and there was hundreds of them, likely all bred from the same local sources that produced CH. Gnasher, CH Brock and other great northern Staffs.. On Sprayman's livingroom wall, there's an oil painting of his most favourite dog that he ever owned and it's a red Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Yarrakin lad was a Stafford man, he owned both the red strains and white strains that came from Ireland, all good working blood, Yarrakin even crossed his Stafford blood with CH Curstopper and one or two of those crosses got sent up to the west of Scotland.

Jeff was a Stafford man who also kept bulldogs, but most times I heard Jeff talk, it was Staffords he spoke about, and most of the breedings I heard him mention, it was Staffords he was putting together.

I don't have knowledge of Staffordshire Bull Terriers like some of the people on this board, including yourself skipper, but I still know some old guys who kept those dogs, and if I was looking for a Stafford today I'd look where you can still find an honest dogman.. Around the Tweed, the Tyne and the Tees.

11. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Never knew about spray keeping staffs mate … there was some good staffs up north without a doubt … like you say brock , gnasher and scar kennels gr ch rocky … i suppose that was all they really had access too in them days … ive had staffs about 36 years and i feel i will always have a one around me as i still love them

david63 and oldguy like this.
  12. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

My first ever dog was a staff, They're addictive lol!

david63 and reids skipper like this.