1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Redboy dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by hempjocsorrlby, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Jwalker

Jwalker Pup

I've read several times about pure redboy dog being stupid. what lines are known for being intelligent that would make a good cross? I have a rb/jeep bitch and am pretty satisfied with her... Anything other than Jeep?

2. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

How is IBK's whiskey producing ?
    And how is he over all ?

3. The owner is a poster here.

4. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Lakewood was that directed at me ?
    If so I didnt know he posted here maybe
    He'll see my post and comment ...
    What is your opinion of whiskey ?
    Thanks in advance

Nmdogs

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

6. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Thanks dream !
    Whats your take on him ? Btw

Nmdogs

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i dont know anything about the dog, ur gonna have to ask people who know the dog individually
    the dog is repeated bro/sis breedings

8. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

Ok thanks...
    Yes I looked him up and saw hes ped
    On pedsonline ! And saw the bro/sis
    Repeats so thats why I was wondering
    How he's doing ? If I find his ownner on
    Here ill ask him !

Nmdogs

9. i love the red boy stuff. I also am a fan of Pit Island.

I was told he is doing very well.

Thanks Dream.

10. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

That is a common misconception from people believing what they hear. It all depends on the individual. TSK

11. Dumb Game. Lacking mouth. The gameness is usually not in question.

12. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

All that you said is a common misconception. I've seen tons that were not dumb game with above average mouth. People need to spend more time with their hands on dogs instead of repeating what they read. ( not directed at anyone, just stating fact) I've delt with redboy dogs for years and I've seen more that weren't dumb game and had mouth than redboy dogs that fit what was said earlier. Focus on good individuals that represent a specific line, not the line itself and then generalize the entire line as being as dumb game, no mouth, etc... Just my 2cents. TSK

13. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I believe the misconception to be rooted from the fact that the line has proven to produce a high % game animal and everything else is a mix between hit or miss or some of this and that. I have no eyes with whats recent just stating what multiple reliable sources have relayed to me.. And of course with what is consistent RB/J/J and the gameness is assumed from one line so the other aspects assumed from what makes up the balance of the cross.

My .02

14. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

15. Isn't Merengue bred the same. He is Boomer bred back to a daughter. Whiskey is a son bred to a daughter.

16. SENIOR DRAGON

SENIOR DRAGON Big Dog

Hey Lakewood everyone has there own opinions and that's why there are many lines that are available. We are very happy with Whiskey and how he is producing for us otherwise we wouldn't be breeding him.
    (Nmdogs) Whiskey is a stud in our kennel and is not available to the public. But we will have some pups off him available sometime in the future.
    For everyone else who is interested in our dogs please pm for I am not on this board often.
    Thanks ISLAND BROTHER'S

17. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

I have owned a few Redboy dogs from several strains.
    Mims down from his Happy stuff was impressive but always got behind due to lack of power but was no joke(very light on the bones). Just wasnt worthy of a bet. With that said I saw quite a few from the Mims line that were monsters, the owners put to much value on them and would not bring them out. I had my male fixed and family has him as a pet (yes they know how to own a pit Im not crazy).
    The one thing I do like of the Pit Island Boomer strain is they carry great frames from the ones I have seen personally.
    Alot of the more famous lines can take an ass woopin and come from behind, or can go toe to toe with powerful oponents due to there builds and yes there gameness. I dont keep yards full of dogs but love raising and experiencing the Redboy strains. With all this being said if your in the market for such an animal get if from people that have been breeding and raising them well checked.

18. hempjocsorrlby

hempjocsorrlby Big Dog

Very nicely said 87 buick, and very nice frames indeed, Personally i think they have the whole package as far as the frame and wrestling maneuvers go. But i gotta say the mouth is the only thing lacking. It might be in other boomer strains but i myself have yet to see it.