1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Dr. X

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by JRSPITS, Mar 7, 2010.

1. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

RIP Dr. X
    3/31/07-3/7/10

Words can't express how much I loved this dog. The past three years were centered around him and the next ten were supposed to be about him and his offspring.

All the great ones I've ever owned have gone early, I just don't know how many more I can take, he was my heart.

[​IMG]

2. Jelet

Jelet Banned

sh*t man... sorry to hear.

RIP.

3. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

He was an awsome looking bulldog! RIP DR X

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

terrible loss, RIP to the great doctor

5. Great looking dog. Sorry for your loss..

6. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Very sorry for your loss. RIP Dr. X :(

7. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Got some pms about what happened so here it is. No matter how vigil you are, it can still happen to you.

He had an intestinal blockage. About 6 months ago he chewed the green rubber off his nylabone dual action chew toy and we watched closely and he seemed to pass the pieces just fine. Fast forward to Friday, we were thinking about going to the NC AADR show since Chris got Saturday off but X hadn't eaten his breakfast in his kennel so I put him and his food outside and he ate it. Same thing with dinner. I thought maybe he was eating wood chips again so Saturday morning I gave him some olive oil with his food and he ate it right up. Dinner time he wouldn't eat more than a couple bites so I put him out with his food. While Chris & I were contemplating when and where he needed to go to the vet, he vomited a huge pile of half digested food.

We rushed him to the evet and gave the ok for exploratory surgery since the vet had never seen anything like his xrays before (thats my boy lol, I'd never seen anything like him before either). Two hours into the surgery she caled and gave him a 40% chance with removing 2' of small intestine. While we were talking it over she found infection in the stomach, intestines, kidneys and it had spread to other organs. She wasn't sure he would even make it then and if he did he would probably need more surgery to remove more dead tissue within the week and he would need a special diet and would probably have chronic diarreah for the rest of his life. We dicided he wouldn't want to live at 50% since he always ran at 150% so we let him go. Hardest decision ever. Turned out the piece of rubber was 1"X2"; only X could've lived with that in his stomach for 6 months.

The hardest part is "now what", our whole future was based on him.

8. Very sorry for your loss

9. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Big Dog

As I said in PMs, I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Dr. X was always one of my favorite dogs - his spark and spice made every time in the ring with him a blast. May your heart heal quickly. We know darn well the poor dogs across the bridge don't know what to do with that terror up there. ;)

10. TJRED

TJRED Pup

Sorry for your loss. RIP Dr. X.

11. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

LMAO, ain't that the truth!

12. AGame

AGame CH Dog

I am so sorry for your loss RIP X, i lost my boy Sampson to the same thing just yesterday i took him to my usual vet and he wanted 300 just for an xray so then i took him to the vet that had just quite working for the original vet that i had taken him to and he took me right back and pretty much told me he thought it was intestinal blockage but he needed an xray so i said do it and he was ruptured already and had infection all inside u could see it in the xray so we had him put down and bless this man because he only charged us 65.00 for everything i cant thank him enough for how he treated my boy and how he seems to be in it more for the animals than the profit again im so sorry for your loss and like u said everyone needs to be very careful of this sort of thing happening because usually when the symptoms hit its to late

13. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. He was a gorgeous animal.

14. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

sorry for your lost man great loooking pitbull .

15. Sorry so for your loss man, it seems the good ones always go too early.

16. Sorry for your loss as well.
    I posted my tragedy in the RIP Sampson thread.