1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

RPMillmaker, has anyone done business with him?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Rocky H. Balboa, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Alright, dog is doing well running the mill. The mill has lasted so far..lol The duck tape on slats now show the wear of usage. We are currently using the mill for 45 minutes per day, five days a week. I will remain at this level of workout for at least two more weeks.

Here is are some questions: Should all the rollers spin when dog is running mill? Should the belt move side to side (about 1/2 inch) while dog is running?

Anyway, the true rotation of this mill is 2 1/2 times using one hand, one motion spin. The millmaker's video shows him continuously spinning with hand before counting which gave him a 6-spin result. One hand/one spin (motion from beginning of mill) will result in a 2 1/2 rotations.

Personally, I do not mind it not being as free spinning as others like. I want my dog to use his pulling muscles. If i want less resistance, I incline the mill a bit.

I got to get my ass moving and get that video done.

2. DDK

DDK Pup

I watch the video of the STANDARD SPIN TEST, it was not on continous spin when he start counting,he started on full stop.

STANDARD MILL TEST SPIN VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0x7FzjSAV4

Anyways,its glad to hear your mill is performing good. I mean the price of it was far better than others,and shipping will not cost a leg and an arm. I tried inquiring on another guy's mill (HICKMILL)..Shipping of it was around $450 (US to US).Thats where the collapsible comes in play.Im just getting my funds ready and be ordering from RPmillmaker as well. Hope mine will turn out good as well as yours.

YIS
    DDK

3. Just watched the video again. The reason why RPMillmaker got 6 spins off of it was b/c it was done with two hands and from top position. I used one hand while on side (position).

I do thank you for correcting me where it was needed. Let us keep it fair and real.:cool:

Glad to see you posting!

4. Clarify not infer! Please keep it honest!

This is either not the Mill I received or I received a defective one. whatever the case, mine does NOT spin 6 times. The picture shows different looking wheels. I cannot say if that made the difference. One thing for sure is that suddently, it went from needing two hands to get 6 spins

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v468/millmaker/KILLER%20STANDARD/?action=view&current=STANDARDMILLONATESTRUN.flv

to only needing one hand?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v468/millmaker/KILLER%20STANDARD/?action=view&current=SMSPINTEST.flv

The original video proves that a one-hand spin would have resulted in 3 spins (two hands equal 6 spins).

what did you change to make it run better? :cool:

5. Re: Clarify not infer! Please keep it honest!

First of all,I never and would never intend to send a defective mill.I just made your slats thicker so to make little chances of breakage, because I know for sure that it will result problems for me and you once that happens.Seeing that you intend to bring all your concerns on this message board regarding my mills and not on me.So I made sure.Next is I did not change anything on the rollers,those are just transparent ones,no difference from the white ones.But I did change belts for better runs for the standard mill.Also you dont have enough room for your arm to make good runs,once it is assembled.

If you just ask me directly you should have the answers to all your questions.You have my emails and numbers for sure. So I dont get the idea why you post your concerns here,rather than hitting me up on messenger,you know for sure guys here cannot answer for me.

Kind regards
    RPmillmaker

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  6. Re: Clarify not infer! Please keep it honest!

I did not state you did, it was a possibility but not what I stated.

Well, I am happy to hear you gave me thicker slats if your usual slats tend to break. Yes, if something would have broken, it would have been written on this thread, your site, and at any time anyone on any forum asked for thoughts on your mill. I did tell you I would give my honest opinion waaaaay before I got my mill.

I am actually bringing all my thoughts into this thread (good and bad). I was and am 100% sure that you KNEW of this thread and receive notifications when new posts are entered into this thread. You ask about concerns?

How about the side boards not having what I asked to be printed?

How about the odometer not being setup or the very least given instructions on how to set it up?

Would you have promised to send me new boards with my request printed on them free of charge?

One thing you can help is telling me what is the perimeter of your ? (things on both sides of the mill where belt goes over)? With this this information, I can program the speedometer to record distance correctly. Then, I have to find a good place to affix the parts as required, to work properly.

So my first thought was correct. The mill shown on your last video is NOT the same mill I own (different belts). It seems a change of belts added spins to the mill.

Like stated to you BEFORE purchasing the mill, I was going to make the dog community know my opinions on them. I PLEADED to you to make the best mill possible. I told you that I hate stating bad things but would do so if they were true. I also IM you more than 5 times to make sure you would print what I asked on the side woods. Each time you confirm you would do it as you have done for your Asian customers. You INTENTIONALLY did NOT ask for my color preference because you WANTED to give me a black mill despite my request for different color.

What do you mean you do not get why I posted here? Buddy, this is the way I am helping you get more USA customers! When I thought of purchasing from you, I did not know of ANY USA customers. Therefore, I was risking allot in conducting business with you. Today, I am your USA reference to anyone. I may not be a MASTER dogman but people that know me or of me can confirm that I will speak truth and nothing else. Please, go read my posts throughout the thread. You will learn that although some of the things posted were not to your liking, the general sense is that I am endorsing your SLAT mill to people in the USA. Yep, this is a good thing for YOU. I am not benefiting from continuing to post on this thread. I am helping both you and people who are interested (but afraid) in your product.

If I only PMed you and not continue a thread like this, many of the members here and in other forums would not be as comfortable in sending hundreds if not a thousand dollars to some unknown person in a different time zone. As you surely know, fear has been your worst enemy in attempting to increase your customer base here in the States. Yes, I too was fearful of loosing my money but figure better me than everyone else in the dogs. So you see, don't be mad that I am giving my observations and opinions. Although some of it is not so good, in general sense, I am recommending your mills to others in a realistic way. If/When I purchase another Slat mill from you, I hope my and others' criticism has motivated you to improve your product. When that happens, I will post that observation as well.

So chill out and enjoy the reading. If anyone reading this (or those who have emailed my thoughts on his work) decides to purchase a mill, let him know it was because of my influence. I am not getting anything in return but at least he knows why this thread was posted. He seems not to get the benefit of this type of thread.

Regards,

Rocky H.

7. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Re: Clarify not infer! Please keep it honest!

I belive Rocky's Human was only giving feedback. People have the right to hear testimonials. If you make great mills and have excellent customer service well you dont have anything to worry about.

8. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

Re: Clarify not infer! Please keep it honest!

I by no means am tryin add some fuel to this spark. recently, I became friends with the millmaker and with R.H. I will dowse a lil water on it by saying R. H. was the first and only person I had direct contact with before I bought my mill (besides the millmaker and the makers of some grossly expensive mills.) he told me his likes and dislikes, honestly and still he recomended the mill. I respected that and bought mine.
    I do see where RPmillmaker is coming from and totally understand. on the otherhand, RH is quite the US sales person for the millmaker.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  9. Well, it is me again. I have an update for all of you interested in mills, etc.

As many will remember, i received my mill around January of this year. Since, i have been using mill on a regular basis with a 3-week exception. Well, on Saturday one of the slats cracked. Therefore, i cannot use machine until broken slat is replaced. Lucky for me Millmaker included three additional slats. I guess he foresaw this eventual problem. Too bad he did not pre-drill holes in the replacement slats.

Slat wood quality is a serious issue with RPMillmakers mills. Another issue is that not all screws and holes fit each other. I have had to leave some parts unscrewed (i.e. only two screws on side woods). In addition, rubber boots used on the legs of the mill were not even, making a wobble effect when"on" mill. For your eyes, please find proof of broken slat and condition of duck tape slats after only three months of use and four months of ownership.

One thing for sure is that i hope to find a vendor that will sell slats of the right size for this mill because i am pretty sure i will need to replace my slats very soon. That crap is going to take me a long time to do.......

"Let the buyer beware!"

As always, i will continue updating this thread until the mill turns to dust. lol

I do owe you guys a video......lol.....i hope to make it some day. lol

Attached Files:

10. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

so i understand the point of the whole duct tape thing, to save the slats from excessive use but i think a few coats of a durable polyurethane would do a much better job and look 10 times better, plus it looks like the slats should have been made of a high quality hardwood because they are taking all the punishment from usage. I'm sorry but i wouldn't pay for a mill like that ever, i could build a better one for less money and be sure it will last longer, alas i don't have the time so....yea good luck with the mill

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I think the purpose of the duct tape was to keep the slats from failing sooner. We in the south use it to hold all kinds of stuff together. Being wrapped in duct tape leads me to believe that he knew the slats were likely to come apart, so the duct tape would hold them together longer.
    Your right, should have used higher quality of wood. Yet then again, am not sure what kind of access he has to quality wood. I was working in Costa Rica, painting a school, and we were trying to thin the paint to where it would work well. You'd take a brush, one stroke down applies the paint, one stroke up evens it out. Well, the up stroke would pull the paint right back off! So after a couple hours trying to thin it down, the man who bought the paint came over and said,"this paint....is...no american paint." We all understood what he was saying. Our cheap paint was far better than the best they had.

12. Well, there you have it folks. I have been banned from the RPMillmaker's site. I guess the customer comments section was only for "good" comments. I am surprise of how far he will go to hide his mills imperfections and outstanding issues. He has increased his price by more than $200 in one year but is still selling the same quality.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAME RPMILLMAKER FOR BANNING ME FOR POSTING MY CUSTOMER COMMENTS IN YOUR "CUSTOMER COMMENT" SECTION. Less than three months of use and it has already given me my first issue. Has he emailed me to resolve this issue? Hell no.

Prospective buyers beware. I gave him plenty of forewarning that i wanted his best work because i would post my honest comments. I got his "best" work and it broke in less than 3 months. Now, I only hope to find a place where i can buy quality slats of the right size for this machine.

Anyone know of a place for slats?

Funny thing is that I was thinking of selling my mill in about a year and buy a new one from him (thinking higher price = better quality). At this point, i will seek other alternatives. I apologize to everyone who bought his mill because of my advise.

I wonder how many other people he has banned for making true and honest comments. I now have to go back to the other sites were i recommended this kid's mills and notify of his dubious ways.

Sorry guys, that stuff pissed me off. He got my money so now he screws me.:mad:

ADD ON: The internet is a beatiful thing. I not only will be going to the spots where i recommended him, i will also visit all the sites where he advertises his mills. Like I said, the internet is a beautiful thing. I can even translate my words into whatever language that board uses....yes, there are free translation sites available. Look at me scratching........:mad: Yup, i am still very pissed of getting banned for speaking my mind. Freedom of speech baby!!!!

At least ACE (BFKennels) offered to do right by my cousin with some issues he had. He was a gentleman to have emailed me without having to contact him first. It is very hard dealing with people outside the country, ACE makes it easier. I thank ACE for forewarning me about mill quality even though i did not listen.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  13. 440rider

440rider Guest

tks for the updates on the mill i've been researching mills for quite sometime and narrowed it down to a red river mill. Good price from those i have talked to no question in quality and made here in the US... Anyone have any comments on red river mill please ad.

How did the slat break? in mid run or was something dropped on it? What are those slats made of oak, hickory, pine and how thick? how heavy is the dog you are working on it? tks

14. The slat broke through normal use. The dog was using it and noticed a slight funny movement. Once he did it again, i stopped him from running and noticed the slat had broken but was kept together due to the duct tape. I have no clue what type of wood it is its thickness. My dog is 53lbs.

I have heard many good things about the Red River Mill from allot different dogmen. Like I said, i was planning on selling this mill in a year or so and buy another one from RPMillmaker but since he slacks on customer service and quality, USA-made is the only way to go! I tried helping this kid out and he screws me for it. Thanks allot! I took a bank loan out since he lied and said he was moving to the USA and was closing his business. I can no longer use the mill but still have ALLOT of payments to make for the loan.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  15. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Red River is a great mill. I just recieved one second hand and I absolutely love it. It has the wide slats and hand brake on it. No fancy computer or anything but if you see enough on it I am sure you can figure out what is happening and how to maximize its potential. It is my third mill and my favorite so far. In the future I definately would love to have a gambler or Millmaker mill as I haven't had any experience with them with them yet but here good things. The Red River turns very easily - enough for a pup to walk on it, and the brake makes it easy to get on and off of the mill without problems. You can also adjust the incline although I have just kept mine on a near level arrangement.

16. 440rider

440rider Guest

are the gambler mills being made anymore? also hows the quility on the millmaker mills after rl passed away last summer, are they still being made as well?

I'm going red river... great price and craftsmanship. Sorry to hear about your deal RH. Tks all!

17. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

anyone got a site for the red river?

18. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog