1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Russian Bill's Gr. Ch. 35

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by CHATNJACK, Jan 24, 2007.

1. maddog2020

maddog2020 Big Dog

i would have bred him to some select bitches like bill did. mostly from lines that are known to click with anything, like red boy, bolio. but you cant tear down a good program to breed the balls off a dog that may not produce. yeah he was an 8xw and a good dog but if you convert your whole yard to 35 dogs and he doesnt produce anything you just have a yard full of dogs with pretty papers. heavy bred or line bred off an 8xw.

2. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

3. undamineknls

undamineknls Banned

i would have. because i had a male that i was going to bred to one of my bitches after a making marches of victory but he passed before any of this could ever be done. papers only help you understand how the dog is bred an not the strength of the dogs heart.

4. Howzit

Howzit Guest

Rushin bill said 35 was not a good producer.

5. it's been my opinion that a great dog with a record like that, is never a good producer..
    because everyone expects a whole litter of dogs as good as the parent was, and that very rarely happens. you may get a high percentage litter but not carbon copy matchdogs like say a 35 or Zebo or any freak of nature dog like that....it's called filial degradation- the slide of genetics toward the average of the species.

those dogs really are, one in a million.

6. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

He pulled an hour and a half at age 8! I personally think that it is morally wrong to expect an old dog to hunt, especially when he has proven himself 7 times (lets see Rushin Bill go an hour and a half w/ a top MMA'er when he is qualified for AARP) but it just goes to show what an amazing dog he was.

Prison, drifter, chronic hangover, morphine...story also isn't great for promoting our dogs, lol.

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

You can say that three times!! Seen many times that you'd have real tight nice line goin, hit the outcross to a compatable line, BAM! Only thing is, allot of times it is for that one litter, and when you breed off them, the next ones usually arent quite so talented. Have to tighten it back up, and then the outcross, BAM. It is the same thing with game cocks. You get tight bred for your breeding stock, and would outcross for the pit.

8. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Purple,

That is exactly what I have always thought: To produce a great dog, outcross....however that dog will probably be the end and never produce well.

9. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

There are some that fall out of that rule, but as a general rule, this is what is seen. That is why certain lines are sought out bred very tight. Not only because they are inbred straight, but not just any dog is placed into the breeding program. So there is allot more than just keeping the line tight. As with anything, experience is worth gold. It is good to have a mentor, but it only goes so far, unless you are worked on their yard way before you start your own yard.

10. IMAT2AK

IMAT2AK Big Dog

Re: Rushin' Bill's Gr. Ch. 35

Great story. I enjoyed every word of it. Kind of changed my outlook on the no papered dogs. It's never really been about paperwork. Just politics that follow....

11. masta of game

masta of game Banned

hmm.. ,masondogs. i think we talked before.

r u the same guy who asked me about some cancer cure..

pm me if it is u.

12. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I know your gone now Outsider but you left this part out

Its one thing to duscuss a great dog it is another thing to discuss ones involvement especially after 1976.

13. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

I think what he was trying to say is that, even though it was after '76 and therefore illegal, the dog is gone and it is in the past. Like if I were to admit illegal things I've done in the past. That story doesn't necessarily condone dog fighting and doesn't talk about it happening in the present.

But the one thing that I get, Marty, is that the internet is really not the place for dogs. Anyone who watches the news should know this. This goes for "pet bull" websites as well and game dogs. Look at the news surrounding the breed. Even though g-d was mentioned in a news story, so was a pet bull forum for affecting online polls asking about dog legislation. So no matter how you're involved in the breed, speaking about it online seems to get you in trouble and spun by the media.

And though who doubt the usefullness of the site, remember that this is still a great networking tool.

david63 likes this.
  14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Please excuse me for saying so, but some of you guys are f-ing idiots. A great in the game, Floyd Boudreaux, had his life DESTROYED for things he did when dog fighting was LEGAL. I don't care if you matched a dog 30 years ago, 3 years ago, or 3 minutes ago, if you or someone you know is putting your "historical" business out there, you are going to get hit & they'll be on any one associated w/ you like white on rice too. So Marty is engaging in a little CYA. Who cares?? I wouldn't want to go to jail for any big mouth jack leg either.

JMHO ...

david63 likes this.
  15. Marty

Marty Guest

Thread has been cleaned up and reopened for now :)

16. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

thanks marty........